Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Yeah uh huh sure. I got my phone taken away plenty of times and I deserved it every time. That doesn’t make my parents dumb.

I'd bet that the reason you had a phone was because they wanted you to have a way to communicate with them when you were not in close proximity, taking that device away because of whatever thing you did in school is dumb because if an event occurs within this timeframe that necessitates you being able to reach out to them or to the police even, you can't because your parents took your telecommunication device away.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Stop defending shytty black mothers.

What was shytty though?

Nothing.

First, a child having a cellphone is a privilege.

Lots of kids don’t even have cell phones and those that do often use them for apps and browsing the web - and not for the correct purpose.

My nephew has gotten his cell phone taken numerous times for buying apps and using while in school.

You can be the best parent out and your child can do something that warrants their phone or other privileges taken away.

When I missed the bus, I would walk back home cause my mom was blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom — or walk to one my neighbors and they would take me to school. No cellphones back then.

The little boy did nothing wrong - neither did his mom.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If he got up in time the whole situation could've been avoided if you wanna be technical

I agree.

If someone was to take my phone away, I'd oversleep too.

fr77Z4Z.png

Daps
I'm speaking about what happened based on the mother's actions. pretty much exactly how the story does.

You're speaking after the fact about what she should have or should not have done with consideration to the "what ifs"

So yes the "what ifs" do matter. But you're sidestepping cuz you are full of shyt.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You're speaking after the fact about what she should have or should not have done with consideration to the "what ifs"

So yes the "what ifs" do matter. But you're sidestepping cuz you are full of shyt.

His mom took his phone away.
Because his mom took his phone away, he had to knock on a stranger's door for help.

Walker was trying to walk the bus route to Rochester High School after he woke up late and missed his bus. His mom had taken his phone away, so he didn't have that with him to get directions. So he knocked on a stranger’s door for help -- and almost paid for it with his life.
Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
This is sad.

America is a scary place for young black men.

If I have kids, especially a boy, I'd be worried sick about him, day and night.

Yea.... discrimination against black men is one of the last hurdles America has to get over...... America has accepted trans people, homosexuals, #me-too and so on..... one group it seems to be against, and the data proves this, is black men.... t Hassan Johnson calls it race based misandry.... and it's all over the western world...... and the more this place atrophies economically, expect to see attacks against black men....

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I'd bet that the reason you had a phone was because they wanted you to have a way to communicate with them when you were not in close proximity, taking that device away because of whatever thing you did in school is dumb because if an event occurs within this timeframe that necessitates you being able to reach out to them or to the police even, you can't because your parents took your telecommunication device away.

Having a phone is a privilege that many kids don’t have. Are parents that can’t afford to give their children phones dumb too?

You could say she’s dumb for not making sure her son knows how to get to school but for taking his phone away? No.