Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Having a phone is a privilege that many kids don’t have. Are parents that can’t afford to give their children phones dumb too?

You could say she’s dumb for not making sure her son knows how to get to school but for taking his phone away? No.

We're discussing a parent who has purchased a phone for her child.

Parents who can't afford to give their children phones, can't afford to.

Parents who have purchased phones for their kids only to later take them away as punishment, defeat the entire purpose of purchasing the phone in the first place.

This kid was in the exact situation where having a phone would help and he was forced to seek help from strangers because his mother took the phone away.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Once again: you're blaming her for not considering the what ifs, that makes the what ifs relevant.

Sidestep on c00n. :hubie:

She purchased the phone considering the what ifs.

"what if I need to contact my son or needs to contact me, this phone makes it possible, so this justifies the cost of purchasing the phone".

Believe it or not, parents aren't just buying phones so their kids can Instasnap.

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
U know when i first entered this thread i had tha same thought process as @Matt504 "if tha mother didn't take away his phone none of this would happen." Then a thought hit me. :ohhh:

"You know if ppl thought tht tha white man would be brought to justice for his actions then no one would be blaming tha mother right?":stopitslime:

At first i thought duh:rudy: thts obvious. Then i realized tha true nature of victim blaming. We as a ppl have been so used to being victimized at tha hands of our enemies that we've taken a passive, cowardly approach and completely skipped over making sure tha victimizer is brought to justice and instead are now finding ways to blame tha victimized. This has bred a culture of complacency among us tht encourages us to accept being victimized as 'tha way things are' and places tha onus of blame on ourselves.

I say shyt like this should serve as a wake up call for all able bodied and able minded men (myself included) in our community to make sure anybody who poses as a threat to our ppl gets taken to task. Then maybe some of us won't be so pressed to use tha cowardly defense mechanism of blaming tha victim.

Daps
She purchased the phone considering the what ifs.

"what if I need to contact my son or needs to contact me, this phone makes it possible, so this justifies the cost of purchasing the phone".

Believe it or not, parents aren't just buying phones so their kids can Instasnap.

Right, so what ifs are relevant, so why are you still dodging the question?

Perhaps cuz your logic is to just find a way to blame black folks.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
U know when i first entered this thread i had tha same thought process as @Matt504 "if tha mother didn't take away his phone none of this would happen." Then a thought hit me. :ohhh:

"You know if ppl thought tht tha white man would be brought to justice for his actions then no one would be blaming tha mother right?":stopitslime:

At first i thought duh:rudy: thts obvious. Then i realized tha true nature of victim blaming. We as a ppl have been so used to being victimized at tha hands of our enemies that we've taken a passive, cowardly approach and completely skipped over making sure tha victimizer is brought to justice and instead are now finding ways to blame tha victimized. This has bred a culture of complacency among us tht encourages us to accept being victimized as 'tha way things are' and places tha onus of blame on ourselves.

I say shyt like this should serve as a wake up call for all able bodied and able minded men (myself included) in our community to make sure anybody who poses as a threat to our ppl gets taken to task. Then maybe some of us won't be so pressed to use tha cowardly defense mechanism of blaming tha victim.

I'd blame the mother either way because her actions are responsible for her son having to knock on the door in the first place.

:manny:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I'd bet that the reason you had a phone was because they wanted you to have a way to communicate with them when you were not in close proximity, taking that device away because of whatever thing you did in school is dumb because if an event occurs within this timeframe that necessitates you being able to reach out to them or to the police even, you can't because your parents took your telecommunication device away.

You are going to lay blame on the mom anyway - so I am not even going to debate that with you cause it's a waste.

The point is NO one should be shot at for knocking at someone's door.

And I don't buy the white lady and man's story - in areas like that -- they KNOW the Black children since it's not that many of them. Even if they didn't - they could have yelled/answered through the door or Intercom (as they had RING)- he didn't have to shoot at him.

Michigan neighborhoods are very country like -- and he is a Freshman and the school is probably no where close to where he went to Middle school at. Plus, Michigan school bus routes are subject to change day to day - based on weather and driver.

Here are some actual houses off the block he asked for directions and got shot at. Very normal/regular Michigan suburb neighborhood - long ass driveways, acres of yard and NO sidewalks. Sometimes maze-like. They had to see this child walking up the driveway and with his backpack. No one would expect to be shot at for knocking at these doors. If he was white - it wouldn't have happened point blank.

streetview

streetview

217077965_0.jpg

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His mom took his phone away.
Because his mom took his phone away, he had to knock on a stranger's door for help.

Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

The cacs had a Ring system and could clearly see what was going on, they could have told the kid to fukk off or called the police. He wasn’t pulling on the handle, just knocking on the door.

If he was an intruder they could have waited for him to break in and shot him.

The man of the house decided to come out guns blazing and would have shot the kid IN THE fukkING BACK if the gun hadn’t been on safety.

And you argue about a fukking phone. And get at people with ‘what if’ strawmen when your entire phone argument is based on a what if.

You, are an example today of the worst thecoli has to offer.

In spades.

Disgusting.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You are going to lay blame on the mom anyway - so I am not even going to debate that with you cause it's a waste.

The point is NO one should be shot at for knocking at someone's door.

And I don't buy the white lady and man's story - in areas like that -- they KNOW the Black children since it's not that many of them. Even if they didn't - they could have yelled/answered through the door or Intercom (as they had RING)- he didn't have to shoot at him.

Michigan neighborhoods are very country like -- and he is a Freshman and the school is probably no where close to where he went to Middle school at. Plus, Michigan school bus routes are subject to change day to day - based on weather and driver.

Here are some actual houses off the block he asked for directions and got shot at. Very normal/regular Michigan suburb neighborhood - long ass driveways, acres of yard and NO sidewalks. Sometimes maze-like. They had to see this child walking up the driveway and with his backpack. No one would expect to be shot at for knocking at these doors. If he was white - it wouldn't have happened point blank.

streetview

streetview

217077965_0.jpg

Black children are not white so we should not expect white people to view a Black child the same way they view white children. And I agree wholeheartedly, no one should be shot or shot at for knocking at someone's door.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
White man shoots at black boy who knocked and asks for directions to school.

Some brehs in here are blaming the mum for taking his phone away.

While I'm here
shyt like this causes war if that child had a man in his home this wouldn't have happen this reasons why single black households are detrimental to our society glad the young used his god giving abilities to get away unharmed:whew: race war in
So the father is across the world in Syria fighting people that he has no quarrels with meanwhile back home white supremasists are trying to kill your son

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The cacs had a Ring system and could clearly see what was going on, they could have told the kid to fukk off or called the police. He wasn’t pulling on the handle, just knocking on the door.

If he was an intruder they could have waited for him to break in and shot him.

The man of the house decided to come out guns blazing and would have shot the kid IN THE fukkING BACK if the gun hadn’t been on safety.

And you argue about a fukking phone. And get at people with ‘what if’ strawmen when your entire phone argument is based on a what if.

You, are an example today of the worst thecoli has to offer.

In spades.

Disgusting.

Here's an excerpt from the article.

Walker was trying to walk the bus route to Rochester High School after he woke up late and missed his bus. His mom had taken his phone away, so he didn't have that with him to get directions. So he knocked on a stranger’s door for help -- and almost paid for it with his life.