Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: freeway Ricky fukked up black people for generations to come....

He promoted Anti intellectualism for fast money. The early 90s was when the "keep in it real" nonsense got pushed as the forefront of black youth culture, right after they got did of Public Enemy and black power music.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
please stop acting like cheating is somehow a good thing, like it means you care. It's cheating. They have created the conditions for black americans to fail, they maintain those conditions. They maintain this false narrative that people like you EASILY believe. Look at how easy it is for people to believe black americans are just genetically dumb. Look at how people keep skipping over the fact that white purchase more hiphop than anybody but somehow the "spell" of hiphop only works on black americans. shyt is silly and racist. I had a thread on here once where a nursing instructor gave the non-black students the answers, then told them not to tell the black kids. This isn't about being smarter, this is blatantly making sure a narrative is maintained and making sure there's always a bottom class based on lineage. Yall kill me with some of these comments in here. Black kids go to school and spend half their time fighting just to dress and wear their hair a certain way. They not worried about teaching out kids, they worried about indoctrinating them to a life on the bottom.

edit: also, remember when that black kids retook her SAT and she got a great score and they accused HER of cheating. Even when we're honest, they can't believe we did it.

“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying”

Actually organizing a cheating ring to get better grades still takes a concerted effort, and it centers around the fact that the individuals involved value getting good grades, whether it’s earned or not. If you don’t even give a shyt about getting A’s and B’s then why would you cheat in the first place? That’s the point.

And nobody here believes black Americans are genetically dumb, if that was the case then people wouldn’t be surprised or bothered by the low test scores at all and this thread wouldn’t be 19 pages long.

And it’s not about who purchases hip hop. Whites and others listen to hip hop as a diversion, they’re spectators. Too many black folks on the other hand feel like they need to live the music, even those that come from economically advantaged households. Otherwise you’re not “black” enough.

You hear black folks lamenting how there’s no good messages in hip hop music and there’s no role models anymore but you know why whites and others don’t feel that way? Because they’re not looking to fukking hip hop music for guidance. They wear that shyt like a costume and go back to being white or whatever when they’re done. Too many black folks feel the need to embody the ratchet bullshyt.

“They not worried about teaching our kids”. Which is exactly why YOU NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT TEACHING YOUR KIDS. If you’re depending on the educational system to provide morals and guidance for your children then you lost already. Accountability, it starts at home. Every black parent needs to make sure that education is valued in their household and the bar is set high, period.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Achievement gap persists, even among high-performing students, report says

Bromberg said the findings suggest that students are experiencing different levels of instructional quality and support from teachers and administrators. The report includes interviews with five high-achieving, low-income students throughout the country on their educational experiences in high school. While not a representative sample, the students reported a wide variety in the quality of their courses, the academic support they received from adults in their school, and help in applying for college. “What holds a lot of students back is people tell them ‘No,'” one student told researchers.”

quoted for emphasis.

Placing the reason for success outside of yourself and your own influence is always gonna be an L. We know there are racial biases against black folks but yet there are black folks that persist regardless.

Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S.

^I’m sure they were getting told no too but they persisted regardless.

The same obsession with education runs in the Udeh household in Sugar Land. Foluke Udeh and her husband, Nduka, both have master's degrees. Anything less, she reckons, would have amounted to failure.

"If you see an average Nigerian family, everybody has a college degree these days," said Udeh, 32, a physical therapist at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. "But a post-graduate degree, that's like pride for the family."”

I’m not Nigerian but I’ve always noticed and admired the emphasis that a lot of Nigerians place on education, it’s an obsession and a demand in a lot of households. And I had Indian friends in school that had the same situation. And Asian friends with the same situation as well. Can’t say I necessarily noticed that with white people but the system is geared towards them regardless so whatever.

But that obsession that lead to high achievement didn’t come from teachers and counselors coddling them, it came from the high expectations in their household. Imo nothing that happens in school can override that. Nothing.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Six cert coli dudes need to start tutoring and mentoring these kids
As someone who tutored math for a few years at a local library, its a lot harder than you think. I'm sure there are plenty of people like myself who want to help but you are only with the student a hour or two a day and that's if they make it every day. So lets say 10 hours a week. So while I tried to go cover as much as possible in the sessions, math is something that you have to do constantly to get better and a lot of times that wasn't happening without my presence. And while I saw a few successes it was evident that in a lot of these situations, that I would have to dedicate a lot more time to these kids and I just couldn't make that commitment.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying”

Actually organizing a cheating ring to get better grades still takes a concerted effort, and it centers around the fact that the individuals involved value getting good grades, whether it’s earned or not. If you don’t even give a shyt about getting A’s and B’s then why would you cheat in the first place? That’s the point.
no matter how you try to juelz this shyt. It's not honorable. This doesn't make shyt better. And these same cheating people point their fingers and black folks. That some scumbag shyt.

Again, why is there this idea that hiphop only works on black kids? "They're spectators" ....no they are not. :hhh: We live side by side with these people. Its pretty much a part of their culture at this point. Blaming hiphop for black failure is lazy "intelectualism". People just can't help but slip in some black inferiority shyt somewhere. The difference is america is set up for blacks to fail. They've even done studies showing black men specifically, even with great backgrounds, regress in america. It's not from hiphop. It's white supremacy being fueled by having a permanent underclass.

Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys

Black boys raised in America, even in the wealthiest families and living in some of the most well-to-do neighborhoods, still earn less in adulthood than white boys with similar backgrounds, according to a sweeping new study that traced the lives of millions of children.

White boys who grow up rich are likely to remain that way. Black boys raised at the top, however, are more likely to become poor than to stay wealthy in their own adult households.

Even when children grow up next to each other with parents who earn similar incomes, black boys fare worse than white boys in 99 percent of America. And the gaps only worsen in the kind of neighborhoods that promise low poverty and good schools.

According to the study, led by researchers at Stanford, Harvard and the Census Bureau, income inequality between blacks and whites is driven entirely by what is happening among these boys

icon-fill.png

and the men they become. Though black girls and women face deep inequality on many measures, black and white girls from families with comparable earnings attain similar individual incomes as adults.

People sit here and call it good for people to cheat. But let us advocate for ourselves and we get called all kinds of xenophobic. :what: "they just care more and they do for themselves". :what: Muhfukkas couldn't wait to shyt on black people in here.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Placing the reason for success outside of yourself and your own influence is always gonna be an L. We know there are racial biases against black folks but yet there are black folks that persist regardless.
This is a horrible take. Of course there are going to be exceptional people or even lucky people. We KNOW external forces are at play though. This bootstrap shyt is for the birds. Bye. I'm done.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is a horrible take. Of course there are going to be exceptional people or even lucky people. We KNOW external forces are at play though. This bootstrap shyt is for the birds. Bye. I'm done.

Nigerians as a whole are exceptional people? They’re not inherently better or worse than any other group of black folks, I mean that respectfully. The difference is they have an extreme emphasis on education in their community, and therefore they’ve become the most educated population in the US. We already know the system is against black people, but if you want to act like black people can’t do shyt about it in their own households and communities then you’re part of the problem.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps

Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S.

^I’m sure they were getting told no too but they persisted regardless.

The same obsession with education runs in the Udeh household in Sugar Land. Foluke Udeh and her husband, Nduka, both have master's degrees. Anything less, she reckons, would have amounted to failure.

"If you see an average Nigerian family, everybody has a college degree these days," said Udeh, 32, a physical therapist at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. "But a post-graduate degree, that's like pride for the family."”

I’m not Nigerian but I’ve always noticed and admired the emphasis that a lot of Nigerians place on education, it’s an obsession and a demand in a lot of households. And I had Indian friends in school that had the same situation. And Asian friends with the same situation as well. Can’t say I necessarily noticed that with white people but the system is geared towards them regardless so whatever.

But that obsession that lead to high achievement didn’t come from teachers and counselors coddling them, it came from the high expectations in their household. Imo nothing that happens in school can override that. Nothing.
Great. I covered this before tho. What’s gonna happen first, the strides Marian Edelman Wright made with the Children’s Defense Fund and Freedom Schools, helping to pressure leaders to change local school leadership, or fixing 40 plus years of oppression that LED to the blk family being the way it is.

You are fingerwagging but not offering any solutions. As someone working in educational research and policy, doing what u say is like waiting on the world to change.

And we already doing it. We already addressing the poverty and circumstances of poor blk families that impact achievement gaps

But clutching pearls alone and acting like family is the sole factor and IGNORING teacher quality being a primary factor in blk child success is stupid and misguided and continues to allow our taxpayer dollars to go to waste. We don’t have money for tutors and extended cultural resources like Asians do. Nor do we have the wealth like whites do.

These families literally MOVE to expensive neighborhoods to get a better educational experience for their children. That alone should tell u just how important it is that the quality place u leave ur kids at for the majority of the year for most of the day plays a huge role.

So, let’s here some real practical solutions other than “Dey need to be better wit Dey kids!”

How can we facilitate that? Like action plans to change blk families. Let’s go! I’m excited!

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
.]
Great. I covered this before tho. What’s gonna happen first, the strides Marian Edelman Wright made with the Children’s Defense Fund and Freedom Schools, helping to pressure leaders to change local school leadership, or fixing 40 plus years of oppression that LED to the blk family being the way it is.

You are fingerwagging but not offering any solutions. As someone working in educational research and policy, doing what u say is like waiting on the world to change.

And we already doing it. We already addressing the poverty and circumstances of poor blk families that impact achievement gaps

But clutching pearls alone and acting like family is the sole factor and IGNORING teacher quality being a primary factor in blk child success is stupid and misguided and continues to allow our taxpayer dollars to go to waste. We don’t have money for tutors and extended cultural resources like Asians do. Nor do we have the wealth like whites do.

These families literally MOVE to expensive neighborhoods to get a better educational experience for their children. That alone should tell u just how important it is that the quality place u leave ur kids at for the majority of the year for most of the day plays a huge role.

So, let’s here some real practical solutions other than “Dey need to be better wit Dey kids!”

How can we facilitate that? Like action plans to change blk families. Let’s go! I’m excited!

There are free public libraries in most zip codes in the country. There are educational programs there for children AND adults during the entire year but especially during the summer.

A person who is on social media could make these and other FREE resources known to people who may not be aware of them.

I have several other practical ideas that can be implemented TOMORROW, but I want to hear your response to this simple one.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But almost every other race is able to manage in that environment. Including black African immigrants. Not to mention there are plenty of black American kids who do.

So, you better start making your kids learn how to thrive in that environment and stop making excuses :yeshrug:. When they get into the real world the world isn't going specifically cater to what "they are used to".

Folks got to stop talking around the sun to explain this shyt instead of just being practical about the situation and implementing practical change. Like folks said all these alternative explanations and philosophisizing for why black kids are under performing compared to other groups has been going on forever and ain't shyt change. When people dare start to talk about accountability of parents folks stick their heads in the sand and don't want to hear shyt because it bruises their ego. I
It wasn't meant to excuse terrible performance by black kids in school, it was just an observation I've noticed.

I actually dont disagree with anything you wrote, but from my own observation and coming from a family with educators, black kids seem to thrive in a more interactive environment. I've heard more that a few people saying this as well.

And yes I think it has a lot to do with 'culture'.

But like you said the youth must be trained to learn under all kinds of teaching styles bc once you get to college it's a different ball game. Theres only so much interactive learning you can do in calculus or diff eq. Lol

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
no matter how you try to juelz this shyt. It's not honorable. This doesn't make shyt better. And these same cheating people point their fingers and black folks. That some scumbag shyt.

Again, why is there this idea that hiphop only works on black kids? "They're spectators" ....no they are not. :hhh: We live side by side with these people. Its pretty much a part of their culture at this point. Blaming hiphop for black failure is lazy "intelectualism". People just can't help but slip in some black inferiority shyt somewhere. The difference is america is set up for blacks to fail. They've even done studies showing black men specifically, even with great backgrounds, regress in america. It's not from hiphop. It's white supremacy being fueled by having a permanent underclass.

Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys

People sit here and call it good for people to cheat. But let us advocate for ourselves and we get called all kinds of xenophobic. :what: "they just care more and they do for themselves". :what: Muhfukkas couldn't wait to shyt on black people in here.
That's why I ignored a good portion of this thread. My first post I said I could already tell what direction the thread was going and it didn't disappoint. Though I applaud the efforts of some for trying to put an end to the lie that we don't value education.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
.]

There are free public libraries in most zip codes in the country. There are educational programs there for children AND adults during the entire year but especially during the summer.

A person who is on social media could make these and other FREE resources known to peope who may not be aware of them.

I have several other practical ideas that can be implemented TOMORROW, but I want to hear your response to this simple one.
I love it but who is going to MAKE these families take advantage of them.
There’s a difference between providing the resources and ensuring the families actually utilize them.
How will u make somebody care if they don’t?

Also many families do care. But are working 2-3 jobs. And whose to say these families aren’t already taking advantage of summer programs. Hell I can tell u at the YMCA, Freedom Schools and non-profits there are WAITING LISTS for blk parents who want to continue education for their children in the summer.

That’s why a couple of years ago I made a thread encouraging blk dudes to open a summer camp for boys.

The interest is there. But funding has been cut for a lot of the ideas u are putting forth and now we are feeling the effects of the vacuum. The stereotype that blk families aren’t invested in their child’s education is an egregious lie. They need help.

There are blk women going to jail to get their kids into better schools.
Giving information on how to advocate is a start. I want us to do that, but I need us to be more empowered to make local political changes even more b/c that gets shyt done.

But trying to focus on individual families when they still attending schools that have substitutes for the majority of the year or are crammed into classes like sardines won’t work either.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I love it but who is going to MAKE these families take advantage of them.
There’s a difference between providing the resources and ensuring the families actually utilize them.
How will u make somebody care if they don’t?

Also many families do care. But are working 2-3 jobs. And whose to say these families aren’t already taking advantage of summer programs. Hell I can tell u at the YMCA, Freedom Schools and non-profits there are WAITING LISTS for blk parents who want to continue education for their children in the summer.

That’s why a couple of years ago I made a thread encouraging blk dudes to open a summer camp for boys.

The interest is there. But funding has been cut for a lot of the ideas u are putting forth and now we are feeling the effects of the vacuum. The stereotype that blk families aren’t invested in their child’s education is an egregious lie. They need help.

There are blk women going to jail to get their kids into better schools.
Giving information on how to advocate is a start. I want us to do that, but I need us to be more empowered to make local political changes even more b/c that gets shyt done.

But trying to focus on individual families when they still attending schools that have substitutes for the majority of the year or are crammed into classes like sardines won’t work either.

Sounds like moving goalposts here.

YOU "Name a course of action, I'm all ears"
ME "publicize existing FREE resources already in these communities for example public library programs"
YOU " Bu-bu -bu-but who is gong to force these people to go to the library?"

Huh , WHAT?

Then you later AGREE with the people you've been debating in this thread by saying that parental apathy about their children's education is at the center of it. Your exact quote is "how will you make somebody care if they don't?"

What exactly are you arguing here?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like moving goalposts here.

YOU "Name a course of action, I'm all ears"
ME "publicize existing FREE resources already in these communities for example public library programs"
YOU " Bu-bu -bu-but who is gong to force these people to go to the library?"

Huh , WHAT?

Then you later AGREE with the people you've been debating in this thread by saying that parental apathy about their children's education is at the center of it. Your exact quote is "how will you make somebody care if they don't?"

What exactly are you arguing here?
I’m not moving goalposts. I’m being pragmatic. I LOVE the idea. But ur making my point in the impracticality of expecting this to happen sooner than school change at the local level.

And I never said parent apathy is at the heart of any of this. In fact I’ve said again and again that teacher quality is the primary indicator of student success.

I’m literally evaluating the efficacy of ur ideas and pointing out that they have been done and are being done...and u can’t account for them if people don’t participate, so that can’t be the primary route we address this issue...especially when doing so STILL won’t address a lack of quality instruction our kids are receiving.

It’s gotta be more than that.