Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mofogo is a G.O.A.T. Black Dish

mofongo-thumb.jpg

As well as abichuelas
puerto-rican-carne-guisada.jpg

#BlackExcellence

I don't want to hear no shyt... :ufdup:The coli taught me that Puerto Ricans are Black...

So let me get this straight...:jbhmm:

Instead of trying to redeem yourself from that sonning you received in that other thread, you keep pushing forward with your nonsense.
You really gonna end up hoisted up on your own petard if you stop with this silly narrative:pachaha:

Soul food
is a variety of cuisine that originated in African-American culture. It is closely related to the cuisine of the Southern United States. The term may have originated in the mid-1960s, when soul was a common word used to describe African-American culture (for example, soul music)

Be black and not know what the definition of soul food :mjlol:

If i wasn't in such an amazing mood, I would neg you for playing stupid :umad:

Valentines Weekend Starts in 2 hours :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not sure wut point ur tryna make tho. Yes Afro-Latinos r black, but dis is a soul food thread aka African American cuisine. Not an all encompassing black food thread, in which postin dishes from all around the diaspora would make more sense.

Don't mind her, she's just mad cuz of the other thread

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
I fukks with soul food, BUT..most of its unhealthy due to the amounts of pork/salt/fat used to flavor the cooking and make it what it is.

Not to mention all the carbs from the starches..

Turkey is a good substitute..

Yet you can NEVER replace the flavor of pork fat..

:yeshrug:

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Im not sure wut point ur tryna make tho. Yes Afro-Latinos r black, but dis is a soul food thread aka African American cuisine. Not an all encompassing black food thread, in which postin dishes from all around the diaspora would make more sense.

To @Colicat, black equals African Americans and African American culture only. A Puerto Rican poster called herself black and was supported so she caught feelings

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with soul food, BUT..most of its unhealthy due to the amounts of pork/salt/fat used to flavor the cooking and make it what it is.

Not to mention all the carbs from the starches..

Turkey is a good substitute..

Yet you can NEVER replace the flavor of pork fat..

:yeshrug:
Really, its not that unhealthy, besides the salt.

When you look at the ingredients, and what is eaten together, it's a healthy meal.

For example, when you eat macaroni, and cheese, with collard greens, the saturated fat in the macaroni&cheese, and some from the pork fat(if you cook with that) will allow more of the calcium, and iron, from the collard greens to be absorbed into the system. The carbs give you consistent energy, because the fat allows the carbs to digest slowly. Plus, you have a little protein from the cheese, and that allows to keep the brain to think efficiently. The greens also have fiber, and that will help prevent the constipation that eating the macaroni&cheese will give.

I could go on, but basically, we need to lower our salt, and sugar intake, that's what's killing us. Eating too much meat too, but that is secondary to the previous two.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

When you look at the ingredients, and what is eaten together, it's a healthy meal.

For example, when you eat macaroni, and cheese, with collard greens, the saturated fat in the macaroni&cheese, and some from the pork fat(if you cook with that) will allow more of the calcium, and iron, from the collard greens to be absorbed into the system. The carbs give you consistent energy, because the fat allows the carbs to digest slowly. Plus, you have a little protein from the cheese, and that allows to keep the brain to think efficiently. The greens also have fiber, and that will help prevent the constipation that eating the macaroni&cheese will give.

I could go on, but basically, we need to lower our salt, and sugar intake, that's what's killing us. Eating too much meat too, but that is secondary to the previous two.

:lupe:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...

:salute:

Yet, usually a fried food or pork product is the main protein is soul food, which is still unhealthy if eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

In todays meals anyhow.

Our relatives didnt have to deal with overly processed, gmo's and insecticides :ld:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute:

Yet, usually a fried food or pork product is the main protein is soul food, which is still unhealthy if eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

In todays meals anyhow.

Our relatives didnt have to deal with overly processed, gmo's and insecticides :ld:
I don't want to seem like I'm arguing with you to be a dikk, but this is wrong.

Fried food can actually be good for you. Again, its about the ingredients. Now, I agree we shouldn't be frying foods IF you cook with fats like soy, canola, because those oils absorb oxygen easily, and that means the longer you use that oil, the more carcinogenic it can become. Ever notice when you see food being cooked at chinese food spots, its not clear, but dark? That's oxidation happening. Not good. If you are healthy, your body can deal with it, but if you are contantly eating it, problems can occur.

If you do fry, you should use some type of saturated fat like clarified butter without the proteins from the butter(ghee) fat back(pork) or coconut oil. When saturated fat is heated, it absorbs very little oxygen, so you can keep using the oil for longer without worry of it causing health problems. Plus, if you are frying meat, you are actually extracting more of the saturated fat out of the meat, and it will go into the oil. This will allow the meat to not be so high in saturated fat. Why do you think fried chicken is crispy? A lot of the fat in the skin is forced out, and the protein in the skin can crisp up.

Now, you still have to deal with dealing the denature proteins that got crispy, and they can also cause health problems down the line, but that is why you supposed to eat some type of leafy greens or broccoli(not boiled) with your food, and a nice fresh tea. The tea is rich in polyphenols that act as antioxidants to combat the free radicals the fried food may cause. If you make fresh lemon tea(not that powdered crap), the drink is even more healthier.

Last edited: