BLACK soul food thread

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
No... African Americans arent the sole proprietors of Black.

That is what the coli taught me when I stated that Puerto Ricans aren't Black. So Black is not a culture... It is anyone who shares African DNA...

Therefore Mofonfo, arroz con pollo, and abichuelas are all Black food

now you startin to bug :francis:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

That is what the coli taught me when I stated that Puerto Ricans aren't Black. So Black is not a culture... It is anyone who shares African DNA...

Clearly ma'ma you have reading comprehension issues. I'm not trying to start beef here, but you may want to re-think what you wrote. YOU are generalizing African Americans as the only terminology for black, not me. Nobody said African Americans are the sole proprietorship of black.

Secondly soul food is an African American terminology developed in 1962 ( Hence why soul food is considered African American culture) Soul food comes from the era of soul music and culture, ever heard of Soul train? That brotha has "soul" in him? Try watching some of our blaxploitation films ( Pam Grier), you'll get the message.

Thirdly, relying on what a internet web forum ( Coli), to identify your OWN culture is not smart. But have a good day. I'll end this with one of our greatest African American tv shows quotes of all time

PEACE LOVE AND SOOOUUUL!!

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
This is the food we grew up with including black american new orleans traditions

people will say black america has no cuisine

Yet we have popeyes,bojangles and churches chicken

like mexicans have chipotle and taco bell. Like italians have pizza-dominoes,pizza hut

post your favorite soul food dishes. Heres mine
ox tails
braised-oxtail1.jpg

macoroni and cheese
Baked-Macaroni-Cheese-Supper-for-a-Steal.jpg

And collard greens

collard+greens+2.jpg

I never heard anybody say Black America has no cuisine. In fact, I'd go so far as to say soul food IS the food of America cause wtf do white people eat? Like seriously Idk what white people eat at home... I met my first non-hispanic cac like 3 years ago brehs... Meatloaf? Unseasoned chicken? Someone please tell me. Is it like soul food without the soul???

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the food we grew up with including black american new orleans traditions

people will say black america has no cuisine

Yet we have popeyes,bojangles and churches chicken

like mexicans have chipotle and taco bell. Like italians have pizza-dominoes,pizza hut

post your favorite soul food dishes. Heres mine
ox tails
braised-oxtail1.jpg

macoroni and cheese
Baked-Macaroni-Cheese-Supper-for-a-Steal.jpg

And collard greens

collard+greens+2.jpg

I just started my lenten fast too.... :wow:

I wont make it :sadcam:

Ness

Banned
Daps

Im not sure wut point ur tryna make tho. Yes Afro-Latinos r black, but dis is a soul food thread aka African American cuisine. Not an all encompassing black food thread, in which postin dishes from all around the diaspora would make more sense.