BLACK soul food thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
NY brehs.. What do you think of spoonbread too?
Haven't been in several years but that's because it was absolute trash last time I had it. Last two times.

The best Soul food in Manhattan was Charles on 155th St by the Polo Grounds but he fell off something terrible. I feel like all the good spots are probably in BK now so yo all my BK nukkas...put a brutha on.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I fukks with soul food, BUT..most of its unhealthy due to the amounts of pork/salt/fat used to flavor the cooking and make it what it is.

Not to mention all the carbs from the starches..

:yeshrug:
That's the real killer, the meats in soul food are ok compared to a lot of fast food junk. As long as the portions are under control, proteins and healthy natural fats are always good for you.

Its when you start introducing the sides. shyt like Sweet potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Dressing, white rice with gravy, the coating on fried chicken and porkchops. That's where the real unhealthy shyt lies.

While on my diet shyt, my grandma has been helping me out by cooking her greens in vegetable broth instead of crisco and salt pork as well as serving red beans with no rice. Has helped made a difference and not that much of a taste difference.

I can't wait til this sunday, cheat day and I'm about to fukk this mac/cheese and yams up.

:ohlawd:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Absolutely nothing you just posted made any sense :snoop:

Soul food = African American southern comfort cuisine

Don't overcomplicate something simple :dead:

You know damn well you didn't keep your cometary limited to the food... Don't try to throw stones and hide your hands

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Haven't been in several years but that's because it was absolute trash last time I had it. Last two times.

The best Soul food in Manhattan was Charles on 155th St by the Polo Grounds but he fell off something terrible. I feel like all the good spots are probably in BK now so yo all my BK nukkas...put a brutha on.

Word, I haven't been in 7 yrs.. :ohhh: that actually makes me feel hella old :flabbynsick:.. but have fond memories, was considering heading up.

But guess not.

I second the call for BK input.

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
If derailing multiple threads isn't catching feelings then i don't know what is. No one ever said that AAs and Ricans have the same culture. They were saying that black Ricans exist. If recognize Europeans across different cultures as white people then why can't you do the same for black people?

I love sweet patato pie

No one is derailing anything... And go back and reread that thread and see if you can state with certainty that "no one ever said that AAs and Ricans have the same culture."

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Mexicans don't claim Taco Bell or Chipotle. Kind of a insult

giphy.gif

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
There is no sonning or anything to redeem imbecile... Trust me, no one is mad... I am laughing my ass off at your ignorance...

You were so blinded by rage that you completely bypassed my 1st explanation post where I explicitly stated that I was speaking of Black in terms of culture..... But because it was a Latina, folks jumped in to telling me I was wrong and "foul"... @SJUGrad13 :russ::heh:

Brehs (including you) and brehettes were arguing me up and down that a Latina and I shared the same culture. According to you and others in that thread, Latinas are Black.

So that coli logic only applies to women? Not the men? :mjpls:Not the food? :mjpls:

Facts are not feelings... Y'all lame dudes are quick to say someone caught feelings when they are presented with that logical ether...Your off topic commentary showcases that you are "in your feelings..." you obviously felt some kind of way to take time out of your regularly scheduled program to comment on my posts:umad:

I didn't even post in that thread:skip:. Unless I missed something.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know damn well you didn't keep your cometary limited to the food... Don't try to throw stones and hide your hands

I'm not hiding shyt. You're being obtuse by entering a thread about black american soul food and trying to derail it by posting some shyt that clearly is not soul food.
And then you follow it up by saying "the coli taught me blah blah"

You're either being purposefully obtuse, or you are a black American who doesn't know what soul food is, take your pic :hula:

But on the real, it aint really that serious. No bullshyt... I hope you enjoy Valentine's day weekend! :ohlawd:

That goes to everyone else too, :myman:

I'm out

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I didn't even post in that thread:skip:. Unless I missed something.

Yeah I was just too lazy to go back and quote your post... I explained how my earlier posts in this thread were fecetious based on coli logic... I feel bad that you typed out that long ass explanation of soul food to me :skip:

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I'm not hiding shyt. You're being obtuse by entering a thread about black american soul food and trying to derail it by posting some shyt that clearly is not soul food.
And then you follow it up by saying "the coli taught me blah blah"

You're either being purposefully obtuse, or you are a black American who doesn't know what soul food is, take your pic :hula:

But on the real, it aint really that serious. No bullshyt... I hope you enjoy Valentine's day weekend! :ohlawd:

That goes to everyone else too, :myman:

I'm out

It really isn't that serious.... its a thread about food.... :beli:Are you really upset that Puerto Rican dishes were posted?:skip:

Are you griping about health issues being discussed in this oh so pertinent thread about food?:dame:

Enjoy your weekend breh :smile:

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
:ohlawd:Good God a Mighty. I love some god damn ox tails. Don't care how you make them southern, Jamaican, Caribbean. Still nobody's are as good as my moms:mjcry: I don't go back home enough.

:patrice:
:jbhmm:..On the other hand. I might throw a wrench in this new bytch Valentine's tomorrow. We're supposed to be going out. I may need to surprise her with a sink full of ox tails to see what she really working with.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
White "soul" food is refered to as "comfort food", at least that is what I have gathered during my intense anthropological studies of white people. This data is gleaned from sources such as People magazine, reddit, The Lifetime Channel, Reader's Digest, The Disney Channel and the food network the chans. These european-american epicurean inventions are foodstuffs such as meatloaf, roastbeef, dry-ass barbecue served on a piece of wood, pizza, pierogi and kielbasa, beef on weck, goulash, dumplings, mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese (i call it cacaroni and cheese, kraft dinner type shyt), hipster versions of soul food, alcoholic beverages in mason jars, craft beer, wine, weber mustard, donuts, "southern fried chicken"(fried chicken with little to no seasoning),green bean cassarole (with french fried onions and cream of mushroom soup on top), bolonga sandwiches, bacon, ice cream, MILK

:deadrose:

Fried chicken with no seasoning
:scust: