BLACK soul food thread

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Bumping this thread after reading about people calling stuffing dressing.

images

Stuffing.

Also happy thanksgiving to all of you.

I know a lot of yall are in super countdown mode :eat:

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
anybody got some dope Thanksgiving recipes??? :feedme:

i gotta bring something but i don't know how to cook shyt :snoop:

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
think i wanna try to do oxtails and a side for thanksgiving...y'all got a good recipe???

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Read the whole thread and not a single other West Coast breh posted :dahell: IDGAF what nobody say, it's some great soul food in CA if you know where to go. Lena's been holding me down in Oakland for a couple years now and Queens in Frisco got the the best gumbo & poboys I ever had outside of New Orleans.

The best spot I been to in LA is Granny's Kitchen on Central & 55th:whew: the mac, catfish and fried chicken are serious. And on some other shyt Inglewood got the best West Indian and East African food in LA hands down, they got a Somalian spot out there where you get big ass plates of goat over rice for $10 :ohlawd: it's a few good Jamaican spots in NorCal too, EPA/Palo Alto is the hub but it's a new spot called Flavas in south city that's legit. There used to be one in Oakland across the street from Oakland High that had the best chicken and beef patties I've ever had in life, they only cater events now though :thumbsdown:

A lot of the good soul food and bbq spots in Oakland went outta business (Flint's, Holiday Fish, etc.) when the nieces/nephews/children took them over from the original owners... Same with SF. Gentrification is making it hard on the good businesses that are still around too so if y'all are in the area make sure to support.

@Ronnie Lott @Raymond Burrr @MrFettuccinePockets

Von Clay

Pro
Daps
Read the whole thread and not a single other West Coast breh posted :dahell: IDGAF what nobody say, it's some great soul food in CA if you know where to go. Lena's been holding me down in Oakland for a couple years now and Queens in Frisco got the the best gumbo & poboys I ever had outside of New Orleans.

The best spot I been to in LA is Granny's Kitchen on Central & 55th:whew: the mac, catfish and fried chicken are serious. And on some other shyt Inglewood got the best West Indian and East African food in LA hands down, they got a Somalian spot out there where you get big ass plates of goat over rice for $10 :ohlawd: it's a few good Jamaican spots in NorCal too, EPA/Palo Alto is the hub but it's a new spot called Flavas in south city that's legit. There used to be one in Oakland across the street from Oakland High that had the best chicken and beef patties I've ever had in life, they only cater events now though :thumbsdown:

A lot of the good soul food and bbq spots in Oakland went outta business (Flint's, Holiday Fish, etc.) when the nieces/nephews/children took them over from the original owners... Same with SF. Gentrification is making it hard on the good businesses that are still around too so if y'all are in the area make sure to support.

@Ronnie Lott @Raymond Burrr @MrFettuccinePockets

:bryan: Wish you posted this last week when I was out in SoCal.

AmenhotepIV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
KTown
The funny thing is I never made soul food as a kid and never got taught...and I make it better than ALL the southern people I have met

We talking presentation, taste and diversity

And I am from the Norf

Grill, oven, cast iron, smoke (liquid), jerk, cajun, rubs, pressure cooker...you name it...