Black skin and hair thread (Health and Beauty)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is coconut oil better than raw shea buttah :lupe:
I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it really depends on your skin. I use Shea butter in the winter because it's heavier and lasts all day. When I use coconut oil in the winter my skin dries out more quickly so I use it when the weather is warmer.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it really depends on your skin. I use Shea butter in the winter because it's heavier and lasts all day. When I use coconut oil in the winter my skin dries out more quickly so I use it when the weather is warmer.
Aight, couldn't I mix em together. @Elle Driver what's up with all these different types of butters and oils, which is the best choice.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight, couldn't I mix em together. @Elle Driver what's up with all these different types of butters and oils, which is the best choice.
Yep you can mix them if you want. Go to www.chemistrystore.com and order some butters. They are pretty reasonable in price and you can see which one you like. I ordered something called mowrah butter once and I loved it.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Is coconut oil better than raw shea buttah :lupe:
coconut oil is good if you're a dude because it draws blood flow to the area...so does castor oil but castor oil is really thick and makes the hair a bit rougher... throw on some shea butter a small amount... the finish it off with some coconut oil... also if u live in a winter climate dont use coconut oil when it's colder than 70 outside... it becomes hard at at 69 degrees

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
coconut oil is good if you're a dude because it draws blood flow to the area...so does castor oil but castor oil is really thick and makes the hair a bit rougher... throw on some shea butter a small amount... the finish it off with some coconut oil... also if u leave in a winter climate dont use coconut oil when it's colder than 70 outside... it becomes hard at at 69 degrees
It's like 9 degrees here

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
It's like 9 degrees here
then you should finish off with a different kind of oil..otherwise ur gonna look like a clown with some hard white shyt in ur hair

I think at least on the weekends u should use castor oil keep that hairline up to snuff.. I don't reccomend castor oil everyday tho unless you got some soft ass hair. You can use grapeseed, avacado, brahmi oil, there's tons of great oils u can use .. just remember... cream, then oil

Also if it's a day ur washing ur hair leave the conditioner in your hair for at least 1 whole minute... and rinse off with cold water not hot water.. that will close the hair up with the moisture from the conditioner inside.. if you rinse off with hot water it leaves the hair open like a pore.. moisture will evaporate and the hair wont be as smooth bruh. Do this for a week or two and you'll notice a real difference.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Damn I only use Cream of Nature in my hair with an occasion mix of water and olive oil :lupe: I use AsIAm Co wash as well but imma keep tabs on this thread.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
It smells like nothing to me tho. :dwillhuh:

@Theraflu Why goat's milk soap breh? :ufdup:

This is the one I use

CNU-00399-7.jpg

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
then you should finish off with a different kind of oil..otherwise ur gonna look like a clown with some hard white shyt in ur hair

I think at least on the weekends u should use castor oil keep that hairline up to snuff.. I don't reccomend castor oil everyday tho unless you got some soft ass hair. You can use grapeseed, avacado, brahmi oil, there's tons of great oils u can use .. just remember... cream, then oil

Also if it's a day ur washing ur hair leave the conditioner in your hair for at least 1 whole minute... and rinse off with cold water not hot water.. that will close the hair up with the moisture from the conditioner inside.. if you rinse off with hot water it leaves the hair open like a pore.. moisture will evaporate and the hair wont be as smooth bruh. Do this for a week or two and you'll notice a real difference.
I got the hair stuff down, it more of a skin thing