Black skin and hair thread (Health and Beauty)

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
so you pour the ACV into your hair and just wash? :ohhh: interesting :lupe:

I mix it with water, rub it on my scalp, leave it in for about an hour and then wash it out. It takes care of any build up in the hair since I only wash my hair once a week. :yes:

Anyone got something that restores hairlines? :sadcam:

Also, what's the over/under on this becoming a weave thread? 20 posts? 30?

I hear Jamaican Black Castor Oil is good for that.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Do anyone know any body wash and hair wash products that doesnt contain mineral oils or petrolatum? Also what are other chemicals that we should avoid?
avoid sodium laurel sulfates

there are tons of products on iherb.com

you can find those same products in the vitaminshoppe, on ebay, and amazon.

Target has some products as well.

Black people should use oils in their hair not cream based shyt unless it's shea or etc... use the cream based shyt and then seal the cream with an oil afterwards... since creambased shyt evaporates... black hair needs way more moisture than any other type of hair due to it's shape.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear Jamaican Black Castor Oil is good for that.

Thx breh!

carlton.gif

Raava

Staff member
Daps
In need of a quick fix I use shea moisture product. I use black soap on my body and face. I use to do a mask of vitamin e and raw shea butter. Used apple cider vinegar as a hair cleanser. Coconut oil for hair and skin. I also make different face mask and hair mask from time to time.

Honey and raw sugar cane sugar for*a face scrub*

Buttermilk, olive oil and avocado hair mask (sometimes egg)

Banana and buttermilk and avocado hair mask (sometimes egg, sometimes olive or coconut oil)

I have some other ones....

With the hair mask I'd leave them on for a like an hour and cleanse with the a sulfate free shampoo or the vinegar, then condition. Important to make sure you clean hair thoroughly.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
In need of a quick fix I use shea moisture product. I use black soap on my body and face. I use to do a mask of vitamin e and raw shea butter. Used apple cider vinegar as a hair cleanser. Coconut oil for hair and skin. I also make different face mask and hair mask from time to time.

Honey and raw sugar cane sugar or a face rub

Buttermilk, olive oil and avocado hair mask (sometimes egg)

Banana and buttermilk and avocado hair mask (sometimes egg, sometimes olive or coconut oil)

I have some other ones....

With the hair mask I'd leave them on for a like an hour and cleanse with the a sulfate free shampoo or the vinegar, then condition. Important to make sure you clean hair thoroughly.

:ohlawd: knowledge is power, Im writing all of this down

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
avoid sodium laurel sulfates

there are tons of products on iherb.com

you can find those same products in the vitaminshoppe, on ebay, and amazon.

Target has some products as well.

Black people should use oils in their hair not cream based shyt unless it's shea or etc... use the cream based shyt and then seal the cream with an oil afterwards... since creambased shyt evaporates... black hair needs way more moisture than any other type of hair due to it's shape.

:lupe: i had no idea friend ...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mix it with water, rub it on my scalp, leave it in for about an hour and then wash it out. It takes care of any build up in the hair since I only wash my hair once a week. :yes:

And it stinks like the damn dikkens. LMAO! I did an ACV rinse on my daughter because she had buildup and she cried the whole time because of the smell. I used it on myself later than night and I was about to cry the whole time too.

Daps
I use coconut oil and African shea butter on my skin. I don't put that stuff in my hair tho, im not trying to have greasy ass hair my friends.