"Black people were better off during the Jim Crow era"-the coli

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I don't have to, I know history and that history wasn't that long ago. I don't think things were better back then, yet I do see where things could've been done a different way but hindsight is 20/20. I'm saying many people, particularly young people feel this way is for the reasons I stated. It mostly out of frustration, especially given the climate today.
And if you know history then you should know that living conditions for the masses of black people in the pre-civil rights movement were far worse than they are today and that is empirically proven by any metric you could imagine.

Things still suck today though. But saying they were better 60 years ago is just losing all perspective.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Has this really been said on the coli? I haven't seen that. I think people have argued that had we have truly been give the equal resources in the "separate but equal" law, we would be better off today.
Yeah it has, they just don't say it in the words I used in the OP because they probably know how ridiculous it sounds, but it is essentially what has been said here plenty of times. People say things were better pre-Great Society and that integration and single mothers made black life worse than what it was before.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
BAao2ZK

This is what you c00ns don't understand. 25,000 in the 60s is WAY MORE than 33,000 in 2016 smh

:blaff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So YOU are saying that adding 3% of the ENTIRE black population DOESNT move the needle? And keep in mind that we HAVENT INCUDLEd people in state prisons and local jails :mjlol:

Smart dumb nikkas
No. It doesn't. If 26% of black people are in poverty now, adding 3% doesn't change much. And it certainly doesn't take us back to the 60%+ of the 50s

And that number IS including state prisons and jails.

Damn dummy:smh:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Distorted views of the past are the symptoms of poor information that are given by smart dumb nikkas in Youtube. Jim Crow era had black people in a vicious chokehold. Black inventors had to sell their million dollar inventions to white businesses because nobody wouldn't fund their projects and some of the inventors were blocked from having their invention patent. Blacks were redlined from accessing loans to build businesses, were banned from attending prestigious schools, and back in the day the military prevented blacks in the arm force from receiving benefits. Blacks were oftenly thrown in prison for a crime they didn't commit. Our people had crosses burnt in their front-yard, were kidnapped by white supremacists, and their dead bodies were found in the woods. Yet again, we have some naive black people thinking that everything was all good during segregation. :why:

Last edited:

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
No. It doesn't. If 26% of black people are in poverty now, adding 3% doesn't change much. And it certainly doesn't take us back to the 60%+ of the 50s

And that number IS including state prisons and jails.

Damn dummy:smh:

Notice how they are quick to name call but do not provide any links :lolbron:

Mr swag got them tap dancing

"Oh Massa takin REEL gooo care of us sir"

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
So let me get this straight, the average household income has only increased from 25K to 33K in 50 years (which is not that much before or after). Do you honestly feel because we have hit some above some arbitrary line on what is considered impoverished ( and I'm estimating 30K), we are in a substantially better position? Sounds like we make just enough to not have acces to certain benefits but poor enough to still be in a fukked up position.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. It didn't bomb until the banks crashed at the end of his second term.

ah I see the fallout didnt happen until obama's term? That would explain the updtrend at the end but not the the downtrend during bush. The economy was better during clinton iirc