TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I agree with better marketing.

I don't agree with generalizing all black businesses on some Sambo shyt because

I've been to many top notch businesses that were black owned.

I know great places too but no one knows about them. That's something small that can be fixed, but they don't bother

I wanted to add the lack of variety, too. All the black places I see are food spots, hair dressers and barbershops. Not knocking it, but like I said, we need new blood.

One thing that absolutely kills us is that our young people with the ideas and ability to shake things up suffer from the lack of generational wealth

Young people need financial help and general advice from people who've been there and done that. Most of us don't have the ability to go to a mom, dad, an uncle, or a close family friend with ties at a bank to get a loan to open up a store that sells nothing but pencils and pencil accessories or a custom bike shop. Most of us are working jobs to get by like everyone else. I have a career, but it's still considered a job to me. The money means less to me now when I think about it because I don't have a real stake in firm I work for.

The lack of in-house black wealth and net worth means less freedom and flexibility for our young people when it comes to expressing ideas on making a living. Unless we develop a real sense of community, concentrate our resources (money, ideas, etc.) and take ownership, it's still going to be the same old same old

I had a Vietnamese friend in high school and everytime we went out somewhere, he'd always suggest going to an Asian spot. Food, drinks or whatever it was, they have a place to get it. They have whole networks amongst themselves and they keep that money circulated within the community for a while until it flows back into the general economy

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the excuse shyt.
Everyone I know says either they don't have the time or money/resources to start a profitable business.

I hate that shyt. What about all the homeless people who built shyt etc.....

But fyi.......
Black owned business doesn't mean only trying to get black customers. All my customers are white or Indian and I have a constant and loyal customers.

So we can't forget about group economics , because if I gross a million this year that means nothing if most of my people are jobless.

Did you miss where I said black owned empires (not just a single business) hiring all races and giving black people preferential treatment?

Those are your standards breh, I don't get why you have to put a meaning on the income you make or associate it with black unemployment

So i'll let you cook on that

I wanted to add the lack of variety, too. All the black places I see are food spots, hair dressers and barbershops. Not knocking it, but like I said, we need new blood.

One thing that absolutely kills us is that our young people with the ideas and ability to shake things up suffer from the lack of generational wealth

Young people need financial help and general advice from people who've been there and done that. Most of us don't have the ability to go to a mom, dad, an uncle, or a close family friend with ties at a bank to get a loan to open up a store that sells nothing but pencils and pencil accessories or a custom bike shop. Most of us are working jobs to get by like everyone else. I have a career, but it's still considered a job to me. The money means less to me now when I think about it because I don't have a real stake in firm I work for.

The lack of in-house black wealth and net worth means less freedom and flexibility for our young people when it comes to expressing ideas on making a living. Unless we develop a real sense of community, concentrate our resources (money, ideas, etc.) and take ownership, it's still going to be the same old same old

I had a Vietnamese friend in high school and everytime we went out somewhere, he'd always suggest going to an Asian spot. Food, drinks or whatever it was, they have a place to get it. They have whole networks amongst themselves and they keep that money circulated within the community for a while until it flows back into the general economy

Young people have access to information for free, the main issue is they choose entertainment and sports as income ascension vehicles instead of other industries.

The opportunities are there, all over their city, their state, america and the whole world is at their fingertips. So no connections, generational wealth and whatever other excuse you have is just that-an excuse. The key is creating something of great value from scratch. It's been done before, millions of times.

This is America, I had an indian friend who made his first 3 million after 2 years selling digital products and wholesaling and also drop shipping.

You can't fix the community without solving the gender discourse between black men and black women. This is why it's best to build black enterprises elsewhere that serve other races and take that money from the wider economy to invest into the community.

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people are frightened at the thought of circulating money in the community with out their CAC dad touching it. :yeshrug:

nikkas scared to go behind CAC dads back and help their brother. :yeshrug:

They don't love them selves or they would want to support people who look like them.:yeshrug:

fukk 'em! I love my people and I'm gonna shop with them when ever I can. :blessed:
I wanna see my people's succeed:blessed:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Did you miss where I said black owned empires (not just a single business) hiring all races and giving black people preferential treatment?

Those are your standards breh, I don't get why you have to put a meaning on the income you make or associate it with black unemployment

So i'll let you cook on that

Young people have access to information for free, the main issue is they choose entertainment and sports as income ascension vehicles instead of other industries.

The opportunities are there, all over their city, their state, america and the whole world is at their fingertips. So no connections, generational wealth and whatever other excuse you have is just that-an excuse. The key is creating something of great value from scratch. It's been done before, millions of times.

This is America, I had an indian friend who made his first 3 million after 2 years selling digital products and wholesaling and also drop shipping.

You can't fix the community without solving the gender discourse between black men and black women. This is why it's best to build black enterprises elsewhere that serve other races and take that money from the wider economy to invest into the community.
First bold is a problem on here dudes think their way is the only way and if you don't agree with it you on some other shyt. Second bold is true to cats always talking about the white man holding them down and shyt but you got so many opportunities these days esp with the Internet there is no room for excuses anymore. I always say that on here and IRL and on here when I say that its mainly cats with the dismissive "bootstraps" bullshyt cause they want to be lazy and have shyt handed to them.

Daps
@Carl Johnson that's basically what I've been saying. All this price and service talk is bullshyt. It's the customers that are the problem not the stores.

yep...it's a cop out that don't reflect reality at all...i've received more nasty/unprofessional attitudes and been gouged(by non black and black staff alike) at cac and foreign owned business fetchits champion as superior to and support over black owned establishments..when nikkas bash and refuse to support black business it and comes down to self racism.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
:francis:
I work at a black business and not only does my employer work very hard to provide really great service to everyone, but she also makes sure her employees are all taken care of
the black people who come in are also very respectful and enthusiastic about her success and have never acted stank for as long as I've been there
even if they don't like the prices, they smile and say thank you before they leave
the fact that people just agreed with the op with no hesitation really bothers me :beli:

Daps
I think an issue is subscribing to white standards.

We're so mixed up, we've lost ourselves. Been living in this system so long, we think it's the only model.

Must admit that whites offered a model which is attractive! Their business is very attractive and shiny. They will grovel for that dollar out your pocket.

Perhaps black people are just different? Is it a bad thing? We don't grovel for your service. We view our dignity as greater than a dollar.

The white model, their business opens on time when it's supposed too. Some black businesses, well they get there when they can :yeshrug:.

Is the white model the only correct model? We've been in a white system so long....we think it is.

i've only witnessed the bolded with and i figured the brother thought nikkas aint supporting fukkit...why come to work:manny: i've seen the Chinaman whom owns a Seafood restaurant on the same block does the same every once in a while but it doesn't seem to hurt his business:patrice:

as for the white model of doing business is to bend of backward to accommodate the customer not sure if i completely agree with that cause i've had a cac blow a fuse afterasking for a refund on a car battery one time and then told me to never come back to his business when he coudon't convince me to change my mind:russ: it's not like nikkas stopped being get profiled or ignored at many white establishments anymore either

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
He's right, Blacks have an advantage in businesses like hair, fried chicken spots, etc but for some reason we let every Asian and his cousins come through and build those businesses in our areas. That makes absolutely 0 sense. Quite frankly if we're going to have a million liquor and convenience stores in our community we should own those too.

There's a black dude who runs a smoke shop about a half mile from me. The service is just alright but damnit if I'm going to buy a fukkin Backwood three times a week I'd rather drive and get it from someone who looks like me rather than some Arabial/Asian/cac who doesn't like us and won't keep the money in our community.

TwistedMetal

Ruined Childhood
Daps
Reppin
Nightmare Blvd
My cousin is into that whole waist smoother cartoon body trend that's poppin on the instagrams
Well she wanted to buy a waist smoother and I was bored so I looked up stores that was selling them with her
I specifically wanted to find ones being sold by my people even if it meant their prices were higher
Anyway, came across a popular instagram store that was selling them and became instantly turned off
:mjcry:

It was a successful black couple who were selling them but their whole instagram consisted of:
-flaunting stacks of cash they were making from selling the products :francis:
-flaunting designer shoes and clothing :francis:
-telling broke folks to boss up followed by messages from the Lord :francis:

Not sure if this was done to appeal to certain demographics (hood rich) or...
But I'm going to need my people (not all) to step it up professionally
:francis:

especially from folks who are willing to pay more for a product they can get cheaper from cacs elsewhere
We don't see professional e-commerce stores owned by cacs with their social media looking like Migos is running it
I'll still support my people as much as I can though

TwistedMetal

Ruined Childhood
Daps
Reppin
Nightmare Blvd
@TwistedMetal you should have messaged them and told them that shyt is unproffesional
Didn't need to :yeshrug:

Just reading the comments under their pics about un-professionalism didn't phase them
So, my cousin just got it from another site sold by cacs
Just saying I'll support my people's businesses but lets keep it professional if you want to be taken serious