black people have no respect for black businesses and black b owners for

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
this makes zero sense…and the fact that people dapped this dumb shyt says how confused folks on this site are.

Black people haven't embraced capitalism…because if they did, they would be out there really hustling trying to get it.

You are dumb as a bag of fukking rocks.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna contribute to this thread but I feel like I'd talk shyt about too many people on here so I'll just take the time to advertise the Black Owned business I work for in my sig. Cop shyt from us, I'm in charge of inventory so give me some work to do. Sankofa has been around for roughly 20 years and is a fixture of Black DC. It's named after an Adinkra Symbol which is a writing system of the Akan people and the movie "Sankofa" directed by the owner of the shop Professor Haile Gerima. It's a hub of African/Diasporan activity and one of the 53 remaining Black Owned Bookstores in the country.

All I'ma say is yall don't even know the half of it when it comes to being a Black owned business especially in a major city going through gentrification and yalls inaction and endless talk really makes yall look like a bunch of shyt talkin hypocrites to be frank. But we gets it in in these trenches so it don't matter whether yall support or not cuz we refuse to die. But yeah, show support tho. :tu: :ld:

How the fukk are you going to assume that we're all about inaction and endless talk? And you're from my city too? :camby:

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
How the fukk are you going to assume that we're all about inaction and endless talk? And you're from by city too? :camby:

Cop from me or send me Black patrons if you fo real wit it. :yeshrug:

Trust, I've advertised plenty of times and brought other opportunities for group economics and nikkaz be loafin. That's just reality I ain't talkin shyt. Actions speak louder.

Last edited:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
You're full of shyt, I literally see Black businesses EVERYWHERE. Get your old ass on some social networks, Twitter, tumblr and Instagram are damn near Amazon for black businesses. At this moment I buy literally EVERYTHING in my home from BOBs. It's not hard, you're just lazy.

Posts some links and quit insulting everyone.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess people can't comprehend the concept that we have no money to work with if we pay our oppressor. In other words. They have THEIR money to work with and OUR money to work with. Let that sink in for all those who have a hard time understanding the importance of group economics. We have 98% of black folks working for non blacks. That tells you that we are not supporting our businesses or they would be growing and employing us. Now it would be easy as pie for black folks to turn their hands, their cars, bikes, skates etc in the direction of the closet black business and support them and with in a year our economy would be BOOMING. See, if we own the grocery stores, the clothing stores, the hardware stores, the movie theaters, the taxis, the everyday shyt everyone has to use to get around feed and clothe themselves our money wouldn't leave the community for a while. Example: I buy a gallon of milk at the grocery, that dollar is paid to the clerk who goes the theater, that theater gets its lobby cleaned by the black cleaning company. They pay their employees, that cleaning companies employee shops at the grocery store and completes the cycle of recycling the black dollar. It's that simple. Now with that knowledge of how simple it is to keep money in the community let's explore the possible reasons why we aren't doing this.. Could it be.... SELF HATE ISSUES??? Lack of knowledge? A little of both??

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't mind, PM me more about your Indian friend. I do dropshipping on the side and I would love to hear any story about people who were successful at it.

My inbox is open, send me a message.

P.S. He wasn't doing it on the side.....

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I agree, it's a damn shame, too many of us think the white man's grass is greener on the other side. I had a client, choose another business over my own even though I have a longer track record of success, and more experience in handling political campaigns. But this company was part of a giant white conglomerate and had a flashier presentation. Now he's copping pleas but I don't hear him tho. :mjpls:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been thinking a lot about this. Was integration a bad thing, really
Yes and no. Some black folks couldn't wait to eat at white restaurants because they saw it higher class than their own despite the fact their food was probably getting spit on:scust:

Good black neighborhoods lost money, got torn down and used as highways.

Black kids didn't learn black history in schools and probably lost the chance for black schools to be as well equipped as white schools

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes and no. Some black folks couldn't wait to eat at white restaurants because they saw it higher class than their own despite the fact their food was probably getting spit on:scust:

Good black neighborhoods lost money, got torn down and used as highways.

Black kids didn't learn black history in schools and probably lost the chance for black schools to be as well equipped as white schools
If they'd have had some patients and built. We would be good by now. Now we are in the same situation they were and hopefully we build this time. Malcolm had it right we needed to build our own. Doing for self was the only way.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I guess people can't comprehend the concept that we have no money to work with if we pay our oppressor. In other words. They have THEIR money to work with and OUR money to work with. Let that sink in for all those who have a hard time understanding the importance of group economics. We have 98% of black folks working for non blacks. That tells you that we are not supporting our businesses or they would be growing and employing us. Now it would be easy as pie for black folks to turn their hands, their cars, bikes, skates etc in the direction of the closet black business and support them and with in a year our economy would be BOOMING. See, if we own the grocery stores, the clothing stores, the hardware stores, the movie theaters, the taxis, the everyday shyt everyone has to use to get around feed and clothe themselves our money wouldn't leave the community for a while. Example: I buy a gallon of milk at the grocery, that dollar is paid to the clerk who goes the theater, that theater gets its lobby cleaned by the black cleaning company. They pay their employees, that cleaning companies employee shops at the grocery store and completes the cycle of recycling the black dollar. It's that simple. Now with that knowledge of how simple it is to keep money in the community let's explore the possible reasons why we aren't doing this.. Could it be.... SELF HATE ISSUES??? Lack of knowledge? A little of both??

To piggyback off of this: for example, pre-integration, there were roughly 64,000 Black-owned supermarkets in the U.S. Black people had to own our own stuff because otherwise, we didn't eat, right? Because we weren't allowed in the white only supermarkets. Post-integration we flocked to use the white supermarket because now we 'could,' and they end up with the white consumer $ they were getting before PLUS the Black money now coming in. And Black-owned grocery stores began to die. They had their money AND our money. We literally paid our colonizer for the chance to sit at his table and let our own establishments wither and die by the wayside because they weren't as good as what our colonizer had to offer (in our minds).

It's really sick when you think about it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Quit being sensitive and nobody is mad.
I still don't believe you know anything about business , but it's ok that I don't believe you.
Peace
shyt take your own advice then nikka. The thing about you not believe it is it don't mean shyt. Oh what am I to do a mother fukker on the net said he don't believe me ohh the horror. Peace on that hater

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Need more Black Wall Streets Reduxes ...... I see how whites gentrify black neighborhoods and turn a vacant lot into a sexy condo building, with a street level restaurant and I'm both repulsed and excited. I like nice and aesthetic things, but I'm also saddened cause they turned lemons into lemonades, when before the same place was never "worth" revitalizing. I understand its based on money and ROI, but doesn't make it any better.

I'm conflicted........

On one hand, I personally think it is partially geography, like there is a lack of density and diversity of businesses near each other, surrounded by black residential areas that would utilize the services of these establishments and firms......to literally recycle the money in that community.....think Chinatowns..... or just about any decent size Latino community ..... or White America in general :russ:.......I've said it up here before, we need that black architectural firm, law firm, insurance agent, IT company in the black community....just as often as you see the black barber or lounge......the black professional doesn't really locate to the black neighborhoods as much as it could in a lot of places.....

On the other hand, with the age of the internet, we can have black businesses and firms that work in cyber space, and black patrons support them online too.

On the other hand, should we be trying to solicit non-black dollars as much as black dollars? Everybody else does it.

Another thing is uniting and or tapping into the Diaspora.

Last edited: