black people have no respect for black businesses and black b owners for

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, it's a damn shame, too many of us think the white man's grass is greener on the other side. I had a client, choose another business over my own even though I have a longer track record of success, and more experience in handling political campaigns. But this company was part of a giant white conglomerate and had a flashier presentation. Now he's copping pleas but I don't hear him tho. :mjpls:

White mans ice colder:wow:

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps

I FULLHEARTEDLY DISAGREE WITH THE BOLDED

Have you guys ever been to an Asian foodstore? They got flies everywhere, rotten meat out in the open, food stuff strewn across the floors, overstuffed smelly garbage cans. The places usually look and smell like shyt. Yet every time you walk in there you see a bunch of Koreans or Chinese or Vietnamese happily shopping away, you know why? Because they're Asian people in an Asian foodstore. That's what comes first to them. There's a walmart or a stop and shop around the corner but they don't give a fukk about that. They support their own.

Man I will see a huge grocery store right next to an Asian store and that Asian store is still in business. You know why?? Cuz those motherfukkers support their own. A walmart will move into town and close every ma and pa shop in the area but Chans market place will be just fine cuz those motherfukkers don't have to "beat out the competition" they just have to be Chinese in a Chinese town or Korean in a Korean town.

You can take that and apply it to hispanics, italians, Jamaicans, you name it. Hispanic stores are usually run like shyt and grimy looking as hell. They still got business.

Nowadays all the little ma and pa stores I see are some sort of ethnicity. The big box stores managed to beat out the white owned ma and pa shops but the ethnic ones are still holding on cuz those people support their own!

You motherfukkers saying that black stores have to compete price wise or service wise for black customers are OUT OF YOUR MIND!! If that was the only measure by which stores succeeded then you would see chinese run stores in Italian neighbours, Arab stores in Chinese neighbourhoods, and on and on. But that never happens. In fact the only place where you will see different ethnicities set up shop with no regard for the people living there is in black neighbourhoods.

Think about that

It depends on which Asian stores, even if the condition of the store is ratchet, the product they are selling is most likely decent or good quality. Asians are big on respect and honor , its no different when they do business.

The 2 most important posts in this thread. You are 100% right. Cats in here not looking at the BIG picture. The lack of black business is in part due to our own self-hate. We have been conditioned to hate our own skin color. This brainwashing is still happening today. The thought of living in an all-black community is :scust:to most blacks. We subconsiously equate anything "black" as inferior. We see the black female cashier or waitress and assume she's gonna have an attitude. We view lighter skin,whether its white,asian,jewish or arab as superior than our own darker skin. Its truly a MENTALITY. Other groups support their own NO MATTER WHAT!!! Thats THEIR mentality. @Zero your Limemade "2 dollars less" example was embarrassingly cringeworthy to read. We wont spend a little extra to support another black man/woman but will happily spend half our check to cop gear from "others". Hands down, without a doubt it starts with MENTALITY. Matter fact, ill take it even further. Not only are we not PRACTICING group economics, i would go so far to say that most blacks arent even aware of the concept of group economics and the idea of supporting ones' own race in the first place. All other groups ingrain this idea in their youth from day 1. Not us. This thread has been damn near depressing to read. We're not acknowledging the root cause. We have been purposelly conditioned to equate dark skin as being inferior for over 400 years now. This has been one of the tools used in our systematic oppression. The lack of black businesses is a direct result of this

The fact is many nikkas hate on each other and you can look at all the vitoral on thecoli and see that as an example.The fact is blacks are not going to spend their money in a black establishment if they don't like the owners or staff working there.You wouldn't beleive the amount of hate nikkas get for moving up and getting money.

We also can't deny that there are some rudeness at black stores and there bad service, but people are right to say its not only in black stores.But the thing is blacks have a way of being rude that would foster bitterness that gets under your skin.In honesty the black restaurants I frequent I usually don't have a problem with , and even some retail stores .
But fools can't oversimplify the problem, nikkas don't want to keep it real, any nikka would spend their dollar where ever they could get a bang for their buck and where good quality is more assured.

People are hooked on this group economics thing and don't really understand it .Yall just expect it to happen cause they heard it and it sounds good.

Last edited:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Frankly I think you should shut the fukk up.

Lol! Did you actually read my response or glossed over it? If you took a moment and read I was basically summarizing what a number of others said. We are so quick to judge one without merit. You rep someone directly below with the same rational but bash me.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I was gonna contribute to this thread but I feel like I'd talk shyt about too many people on here so I'll just take the time to advertise the Black Owned business I work for in my sig. Cop shyt from us, I'm in charge of inventory so give me some work to do. Sankofa has been around for roughly 20 years and is a fixture of Black DC. It's named after an Adinkra Symbol which is a writing system of the Akan people and the movie "Sankofa" directed by the owner of the shop Professor Haile Gerima. It's a hub of African/Diasporan activity and one of the 53 remaining Black Owned Bookstores in the country.

All I'ma say is yall don't even know the half of it when it comes to being a Black owned business especially in a major city going through gentrification and yalls inaction and endless talk really makes yall look like a bunch of shyt talkin hypocrites to be frank. But we gets it in in these trenches so it don't matter whether yall support or not cuz we refuse to die. But yeah, show support tho. :tu: :ld:

Drop me a link so I can support.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Some people are frightened at the thought of circulating money in the community with out their CAC dad touching it. :yeshrug:

nikkas scared to go behind CAC dads back and help their brother. :yeshrug:

They don't love them selves or they would want to support people who look like them.:yeshrug:

fukk 'em! I love my people and I'm gonna shop with them when ever I can. :blessed:
I wanna see my people's succeed:blessed:

/thread

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this thread is discouraging for ppl that plan on starting a business.....because anybody that worked in the service industry know u will have good and bad clients from every background....all the ppl thinking about starting a business, dont bytch out because of threads like this.....i deal with all types of ppl and im a young black man....just like u, its possible, nothing is perfect and if u think white people arent stressed out from dealing with other whites dont kid yourself...business comes with problems

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this thread is discouraging for ppl that plan on starting a business.....because anybody that worked in the service industry know u will have good and bad clients from every background....all the ppl thinking about starting a business, dont bytch out because of threads like this.....i deal with all types of ppl and im a young black man....just like u, its possible, nothing is perfect and if u think white people arent stressed out from dealing with other whites dont kid yourself...business comes with problems
Only weak people get discouraged. .

And weak people shouldn't start businesses:francis:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I didn't say strong man.

I said weak people, which is true.

And maybe u should fall back cuz I feel like you're setting yourself up:patrice:
If you think that all business owners are a-type geniuses and the "smartest man in the room" types you're mistaken.

We need to stop making business ownership this special thing that only a few of us can participate in.

Even "weak" people can thrive.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If you think that all business owners are a-type geniuses and the "smartest man in the room" types you're mistaken.

We need to stop making business ownership this special thing that only a few of us can participate in.

Even "weak" people can thrive.
I'm going to be a man

And fight the urge here