Black Panther Sets MCU Record for First Day Tickets Sold

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
are we complaining about the movie or y'all acting like this is the story of Malcolm X...

We have to stop viewing our wins and losses via the entertainment industry...its just entertainment its not that serious

nikka...then what was the point of you coming in this thread at all? :gucci:

For all the wrong reasons

iu

Y'all know the Kanye verse...I dont even gotta say it.

Is it a problem that white people created the original characters and own the rights to the story/characters...

Or is it not a big deal, and we shouldn't "view our wins and losses via the entertainment industry" because "it's just entertainment"?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
-Nearly all black cast
-Notable black director
-Influenced by comic runs written by black writers

But no black people are benefiting from this movie?

giphy.gif

Honestly, I can't take this criticism seriously. :cambybp:
No one said that this movie was supposed to economically benefit black people as a whole...so why the criticism about it failing to do so? :bpgucci:

How much you wanna bet the people who complain about this movie not improving our economic standing don't even vote in their local elections? :stephena1:

Or (proudly) voted for Trump? :mjplsufedup:

@Uncle Hotep :bpufedup:

People are more upset that this should have happened decades ago, with more filma like this.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My man Chadwick Boseman accent is just as worse as Will Smith in Concussion. :scust:

They might be better off letting African actors play African roles. And this is coming from a Black American.:yeshrug:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
BLACK people are over-hyping it. just like we over-hyped OBAMA. why? because it feels good to fantasize about black people having actual power. obama and black panther are both fantasy

Ya woke nikkaz act just like white supremacists: Ya shyt on any and EVERY thing black ppl celebrate or accomplish.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
who's getting the lions.share of the profit¿*

I feel you breh

I’ve been a BP fan since 1998; a lot longer than the bandwagon crowd and I’m hyped.

But I don’t understand the “black excellence" talk. The character was created by whites, will only enrich them and it won’t create opportunities for black film makers .
:mjlol:
Like white people are going to start sharing with us all of a sudden lol.:bryan:

It’s actually more likely to put struggling black comic book publishers out of business since black kids will be indoctrinated to Marvels black characters after this.
:francis:

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Already got my ticket for the opening Friday. I never go to movies the first weekend they out:wow: