Black Panther Sets MCU Record for First Day Tickets Sold

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I think this film may mess around and be MCU's Logan in terms of critical acclaim

I don't know why but it just has that feeling.

The Sequel will have him courting Storm now that X-men are in the MCU now

Trilogy finna be lit

:blessed:

I'm just hoping they don't kill off Kilmonger. He's not the type of character you use for one movie, he's a legend.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Got my local theater website pulled up now..

Only Friday early afternoon and late showings available for RPX 3D

And evening Saturday in IMAX

:jbhmm:

Ima wind up going Friday AND Saturday :snoop:

Damn. :birdman:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Not tryna rain on yall parade in here but yall being super duper excited over this only shows how boxed in the black image is.

We are so used to seeing ourselves as mainly thugs, inmates, athletes and rappers that this flick (which is showing us in a completely different light) brings us damn near to orgasms.

If we had more control over our own image this would be just another movie instead of some life-changing event some of you are making it out to be. If we had actual control of our own image these types of movies would have BEEN out and normal.
Post of the year !

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant wait! I hate to put this energy out there but opening weekend i hope brehs are safe and cautiously aware of any devious looking crakkkas looking to turn a positive thing into some fukkery or even worst.

Im taking my kids and i always give them the movie escape plan to lay low and be quiet if we aint in the front running

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think this film may mess around and be MCU's Logan in terms of critical acclaim

I don't know why but it just has that feeling.

The Sequel will have him courting Storm now that X-men are in the MCU now

Trilogy finna be lit

:blessed:

And Disney better re cast Storm I don’t want that c00ning half breed playing the part no more talking bout “the most racism I’ve received is from black people” :stopitslime:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Not tryna rain on yall parade in here but yall being super duper excited over this only shows how boxed in the black image is.

We are so used to seeing ourselves as mainly thugs, inmates, athletes and rappers that this flick (which is showing us in a completely different light) brings us damn near to orgasms.

If we had more control over our own image this would be just another movie instead of some life-changing event some of you are making it out to be. If we had actual control of our own image these types of movies would have BEEN out and normal.
I feel you. As a comic book fan I'm excited to see the movie and will be seeing it opening day or at least opening weekend but people are overhyping this which I kind of understand. It's great to see a black superhero who that is intelligent and running stuff but the movie is fantasy at the end of the day.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I feel you. As a comic book fan I'm excited to see the movie and will be seeing it opening day or at least opening weekend but people are overhyping this which I kind of understand. It's great to see a black superhero who that is intelligent and running stuff but the movie is fantasy at the end of the day.

BLACK people are over-hyping it. just like we over-hyped OBAMA. why? because it feels good to fantasize about black people having actual power. obama and black panther are both fantasy

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
-Nearly all black cast
-Notable black director
-Influenced by comic runs written by black writers

But no black people are benefiting from this movie?

giphy.gif

Honestly, I can't take this criticism seriously. :cambybp:
No one said that this movie was supposed to economically benefit black people as a whole...so why the criticism about it failing to do so? :bpgucci:

How much you wanna bet the people who complain about this movie not improving our economic standing don't even vote in their local elections? :stephena1:

Or (proudly) voted for Trump? :mjplsufedup:

@Uncle Hotep :bpufedup:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Only thing that will suck is the 10 million shea butter think pieces that are going to drop after these comes out

How 'Black Panther' Demonizes Black Women, Despite Half the Principal Cast Being Black Women With Diverse Personalities, Appearances, and Motivations :troll:

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how well it would do overseas, especially in places big overseas market like China.
Films like Fast and Furious make serious cake overseas. As usual cacs think everyone thinks like them.

Eastern Europeans countries tho. :mjpls:

BP will do serious numbers next month. Going three times myself. :wow:

How 'Black Panther' Demonizes Black Women, Despite Half the Principal Cast Being Black Women With Diverse Personalities, Appearances, and Motivations :troll:
The smartest person in the film is a black woman. :wow:

BP’s sister who creates all the tech he uses. She’s Tony Stark level. :mjgrin: