Black Panther Projected to Reach $400 Million at U.S. Box Office

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Black ppl stay promoting this movie like it's some pro black movie or something. It's just a super hero movie no different than iron Man wtf
Its cause of the title
If he was called anything else then we wouldn’t care

This movie made by marvel and Disney not a black studio, and people keep saying “finally an all black cast and writers and we aren’t shown as slaves anymore” yet I don’t see a lot of black made films filmed with different plots like that, we literally only stick to drama, comedy, and like triller every now and then that’s it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Its cause of the title
If he was called anything else then we wouldn’t care

This movie made by marvel and Disney not a black studio, and people keep saying “finally an all black cast and writers and we aren’t shown as slaves anymore” yet I don’t see a lot of black made films filmed with different plots like that, we literally only stick to drama, comedy, and like triller every now and then that’s it.

like i said before its like a Asian black beauty store, black cashiers, black customer, black products, all black but the money going to at my brother from another @Stir Fry

if people actually think your going to get some new wave of black films in :mjlol:
at best we will get a sequel to black panther and maybe one of the female leads could get a spinoff

ryan coogler may get to direct an avengers or iron man

black panther is an anomaly

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Seriously I don't know why some people on both sides... Are taking this film more serious than a FILM. I mean the so called "woke crowd" and the people why think this film is a savoir for blacks(who are not even REAL fans). But addressing the former specifically. I would expect racist cacs to trash this film. But I am seeing A LOT of the people from the woke crowd doing MORE than the reddit racists.

First off no shyt this film is escapism(thats what its for) and no shyt this film is ultimately white owned(tho the director+writers are black). I don't know what people are expecting. yeah people saying this film is a "revolution" are retarded, but those also analyzing this film like blacks are being "brainwashed" are also dumb.

Blacks are just hyped because we have a majority black film in a sci-fi setting. Nothing more nothing less. If you think its an agenda then don't see. I am glad for this film because the black actors and Coogler)the director) will be getting a career boost. And hopefully this film encourages BLACK FILMMAKERS to try more Afrofuturism.

Its a film people. Either watch it or dont.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since yall nikkas act like so pro black and want to support black owned movies go buy Hidden Colors 1-4 and 1804 The Hidden History Of Haiti. What's go be yall excuse now? It's the most successful historic documentary ever beating out white documentaries which I know y'all hate. Y'all hate for something black to beat out or outsell something white which happens all the time.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Fukk everybody is what I'm saying. I ain't gonna see any of that money. Why should I contribute to it?
Why the hell is this film making you cry all over the place. The film being projected to do 500 mill seems to be making you have a emotional meltdown. You seem more invested in this film than the people hyping it. lol...

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This black movie will beat out a lot of white movies. That's what we want. It was written by black writers. And has a black cast. This movie beating white movies is a big win for black Hollywood and a big lost to white supremacy. Alot of black businesses are buying out full theaters for black people see it. This is black excellence. This movie's success will make alot of black people millionaires and very rich.
Yeah, some of the "others" gonna make money off this but this really IS going to be a huge win for melanated beings!

:jawalrus:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Gonna have to see this with movie pass on opening night just to feed off the crowds energy, then watch it again solo and maybe actually pay for the imax version.

My fukking paranoid ass girlfriend scared to watch it opening night cuz she thinks someone is gonna pull some Dark Knight shyt in the theatre :merchant:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously I don't know why some people on both sides... Are taking this film more serious than a FILM. I mean the so called "woke crowd" and the people why think this film is a savoir for blacks(who are not even REAL fans). But addressing the former specifically. I would expect racist cacs to trash this film. But I am seeing A LOT of the people from the woke crowd doing MORE than the reddit racists.

First off no shyt this film is escapism(thats what its for) and no shyt this film is ultimately white owned(tho the director+writers are black). I don't know what people are expecting. yeah people saying this film is a "revolution" are retarded, but those also analyzing this film like blacks are being "brainwashed" are also dumb.

Blacks are just hyped because we have a majority black film in a sci-fi setting. Nothing more nothing less. If you think its an agenda then don't see. I am glad for this film because the black actors and Coogler)the director) will be getting a career boost. And hopefully this film encourages BLACK FILMMAKERS to try more Afrofuturism.

Its a film people. Either watch it or dont.

These clowns the ones c00ning. They see everybody even white people hyped to see a black super hero movie and they see the $500 box office pre orders then they start getting mad because they think this will empower black people and they think white people will take a loss if this does better than the white super hero movies so they start trying to tear it down and start thinking they got the right to tell people not to be happy. Foh. If this is a revolutionary moment to black people then let it be. If this is empowerment to black people then let it be. Who the fukk is yall lames to tell somebody how to feel and how to think. If yall p*ssy ass nikkas ain't got shyt positive to say about something to do with black people then shut the fukk up and exit the thread. Or go make a thread on something that is actually black revolutionary or black empowerment. c00ns and trailer park trash cans need to go jump off a building

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Black Panther in theaters February 16,2018. $400-$500 million box office. Black writers, black director, black cast. A overall majority black movie possibly will be the highest grossing movie this year. The success of this movie will open the doors for millions of black people and open the door for black people to possibly take over Hollywood. fukk all the negative talk and deflective talk. I'm celebrating this black victory.
no. i'm not being negative, i'm quite positive that the only black actor that will benefit from this is mr bosemen, every body else will be in btwn roles