Black Panther Projected to Reach $400 Million at U.S. Box Office

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Lot of short sighted people in this thread. Yes the money for this movie goes to white people but if it sets a precedent that black led movies make movie. Obviously it’ll lead to more opportunities for black productions.

Think of like this, you own a apple orchard, suddenly your neighbor invents a car that runs on apples. You don’t make any money off the cars true. but your orchard is suddenly a lot more valuable.

History tells us differently. Even with the success of Black Panther, this doesn’t equate to the positiveness yall think is gonna happen in the future. There has been numerous black films and tv shows that outdid and smashed expectations in the past but that never carried on to more black shows and movies being focused on by production companies and network.

Black Panther doing well won’t mean ish as to the decision makers in Hollywood will see it as nothing but the exception... not the rule, just like how they do with all the other black movies/tv shows that did well.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I find it an absolute fact that EVERY black person that is supporting this movie based on it being a black super hero is a c00n who only is hype because the panther is gonna be next to white super heros. It's downright sick!

:patrice: I don't think so. Folks are just happy to their people on camera. Majority Black film that isn't on some hood sh!t, slavery, civil rights, buffoonery , or Madea. I'm not going to see it as it looks retarded as do all comic book films, but its not c00nish to see it.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
if ya'll hate the white man so much and hate the fact that the profits from bp is going in their pockets, then OPEN YOUR OWN MOVIE STUDIO AND DISTRIBUTION NET WORK, then we don't have to have these convo

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's a good look, but it's just a superhero movie that doesn't put money in my pocket. I am glad to see a mostly black cast prove commercial viability in a mainstream film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of avengers I haven’t seen this amount of pre hype and expectations for a movie in a long time.

Y’all better wake up.

Thankful the media hasn’t been able to paint it as a failure or flop. They prepping and trying their best though. By all accounts the movie sounds to be to solid and integral to the MCU for that narrative to be painted easily
it cant happen with this one.The hype, pre sales and reviews are irrefutable

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I’d love to see this in an African theater. Wonder how this will do over there. :patrice:

The excitement is just as high over there as it is here. Nigeria just released The Wedding Party 2 in December and it has broken records.

I'll be traveling there and will catch Black Panther over there so I'll report back on it.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Fair. But I'm curious, how much of the Continent is this movie premiering in?

I read an article that said this is the 1st film to open on the same day worldwide. That's part of the reason why I wanted to be in the Motherland when this opened.