Black Panther Movie ::: Unpopular Opinions

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Every thing except Michael B Jordan acting was lit. His monotone delivery was worse than talk show monologues. His story ark and character design was great but he just didn't have the caliber of acting alongside the greats Angela and Forrest or chick from walking dead and homie from get out.

tumblr_orb73qcM9X1tlgqkgo1_500.gif

:trash::trash::trash::to::trash:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killmonger was an allegory for African Americans and their anger towards Africans for abandoning them.

I think Killmonger was an allegory for blacks in America who are angry about white supremacy in contrast to Africans or other blacks in America who accept it or are too caught up in tribalism to care :manny:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Just saw it...

From a "being an African American" perspective.. It was super dope. Awesome! With all of its subliminal messages and inspiration and the way sistaz shined in it. I kept saying "yep, that was dope"... Plus it was smart movie. The story was smart. Was hardly any dumb/wtf was that moments..

Now.. From a super hero movie perspective.. It was ight.. The action sequences didn't blow me away.

Saying this was the best marvel hero movie ever.. :rudy: na fam

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I think Klaue or however you spell that shyt deserved a more brutal death

This. It was a weak ass death. Reminded me of Bane’s weak death in Dark Knight.

Not to mention we’re left to believe Killmonger then flew a single engine plane from Korea all the way to Southern Africa. :francis:

Oh. And how in the hell did Killmonger know how to find Wakanda? Wasn’t Klaue the person who knew how to get there? :jbhmm:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Every thing except Michael B Jordan acting was lit. His monotone delivery was worse than talk show monologues. His story ark and character design was great but he just didn't have the caliber of acting alongside the greats Angela and Forrest or chick from walking dead and homie from get out.

I disagree.. To me the movie didn't pick up until his screen time increased so I give him credit for making it more interesting.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

I have to agree with this as well.

Something about Mike as this character wasn’t believable. Dude from Get Out nailed his role, as did Angela and Whitaker.

Trevante Rhodes from Moonlight would have been a better fit.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I've seen it twice now. It's a good movie. I like it. I wanted to absolutely love it, though.

My gripes:

*Dialogue should've been wayyyyyyyy tighter.

*CGI is pretty bad in some spots.

*Coogler is a good director. He's not a great one, yet. He really doesn't understand how to craft a great scene -- which is the culmination of everything that's happened prior to said scene. The closest I think he's gotten in his films is the Creed training montage.

*They really undersold BP's fighting prowess. You never really see him just go off on some, "Damn, he ain't no joke :picard:" shyt. For example, you never get a scene where he's as impressive as Okoye was on that balcony where she's whooping several dudes with ease. That was my fav scene of the film too -- for what it's worth.

It might sound like I hated it, but I'm a tough critic :yeshrug:. I'd give it like a 7.5 or 8.0.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Killmonger was only a “villain” to whites and the status quo. While they painted his cousin as the “hero” who meant well and may have had potential of being a real hero 1 day, ultimately he was just a scared soft shoe c00n. His pops(killmongers uncle) was certainly on some sucker c00nish shyt tho.

Buying buildings for community centers or whatever in Oakland and other inner cities is cool, but if you’ve got the resources to overthrow global systematic white supremacy then you handle that shyt ASAP. This “you’re being just like those who hate you/when they go low we go high” mentality has to be rejected.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The messed up part for me is I am a huge fan of MCU and comics in general.

I was interested in the 'pro Black' angle but mostly I wanted to be truly wowed. I loved Creed. I loved BP in CW. Michael B Jordan is growing on me.

But this was just okay for me. My first reaction was 3/5 but I realize I might have been overhyping it. I'll watch it again before I decide if it's a 3 or 4. That must mean it's 3.5, but I don't do half mics.

The homies I went with were OD hype about it and I couldn't bring myself to tell them it was no IM 1 (solid 4).

Wonder Woman gave me that thrill and I am not a fan of comicbook WW. I am now a fan of DCEU Wondy.

It's almost like the team wasn't quite ready to jump from stuff like Creed which is basically realistic to this which was almost all fantasy.

With this under his belt the director should be able to do more of this more effectively.

Wasn't bad tho. I'll end up liking it more after the hype dies down.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I don't give a shyt about that nut shyt. It tried to make black Americans look like bloodthirsty hateful fiends. Then it played into the whole idea tribalism is black people's main problem not white people or racism. Yall Young Millennial cartoony buffoony nigggas need to learn the peep game...
But but it’s just a movie but but but something symbolism but but but y’all take it too serious

Shut up old ass nikka

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
The film was good but it wasn’t amazing/revolutionary or any hyperbole like that. Most of the people I’ve seen hyping this up don’t read comics so I should have known better to taper my expectations before going to watch it. I’m watching it tomorrow for a second time so maybe I’ll feel differently about it but as it stands, as a Coogler film, Creed was better.

Anyone going to see this wearing “African” clothing is corny as fukk. You’re equating traditional (generic) African clothing to cosplay.

The people who even more cornier are the ones writing thinkpieces about a “New Africa” or “Can we create our own Wakanda?”. How about taking an Ancestry kit to find out where in Africa you originate from then make plans to visit that place first? Africa as a continent is a pool of untapped resources with plenty of opportunities for those who are prepared to go and make something happen.

Last note, I hope this unity we’re showing as black people doesn’t end a month after this film leaves the theatres and we stop making fun of African people and saying shyt like Afric00n.

I could talk about this a lot more but it’s late here and I can’t bothered :yeshrug:

:russ::russ::russ::russ: soo true!!

• Dap
Reactions: EA