Black Panther Movie ::: Unpopular Opinions

Astronomer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the movie. Gonna see it again tmw. BUT my only gripes were technical and not story based.

1. The fight choreography wasn’t the best we’ve seen in a marvel movie (see winter soldier.) would’ve been cool to see some unhand to hand martial arts between BP and Killmonger instead of just brawling/trading blows.

2. Some of the CGI wasnt that great and kinda took me out of the moment (BP vs Killmonger underground).

3. I don’t think Ryan chose the best cinematographer for this type of movie. It’s cool he stayed loyal to his people (the white chick did Fruitvale, DOPE, and Mudbound) I wish he could have used the same guy the Russo’s used for winter soldier and civil war.

These things don’t keep it from being a GOAT Marvel film, but they may effect the way it ages over time. :manny:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The film was good but it wasn’t amazing/revolutionary or any hyperbole like that. Most of the people I’ve seen hyping this up don’t read comics so I should have known better to taper my expectations before going to watch it. I’m watching it tomorrow for a second time so maybe I’ll feel differently about it but as it stands, as a Coogler film, Creed was better.

Anyone going to see this wearing “African” clothing is corny as fukk. You’re equating traditional (generic) African clothing to cosplay.

The people who even more cornier are the ones writing thinkpieces about a “New Africa” or “Can we create our own Wakanda?”. How about taking an Ancestry kit to find out where in Africa you originate from then make plans to visit that place first? Africa as a continent is a pool of untapped resources with plenty of opportunities for those who are prepared to go and make something happen.

Last note, I hope this unity we’re showing as black people doesn’t end a month after this film leaves the theatres and we stop making fun of African people and saying shyt like Afric00n.

I could talk about this a lot more but it’s late here and I can’t bothered :yeshrug:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Loved the movie. Gonna see it again tmw. BUT my only gripes were technical and not story based.

1. The fight choreography wasn’t the best we’ve seen in a marvel movie (see winter soldier.) would’ve been cool to see some unhand to hand martial arts between BP and Killmonger instead of just brawling/trading blows.

2. Some of the CGI wasnt that great and kinda took me out of the moment (BP vs Killmonger underground).

3. I don’t think Ryan chose the best cinematographer for this type of movie. It’s cool he stayed loyal to his people (the white chick did Fruitvale, DOPE, and Mudbound) I wish he could have used the same guy the Russo’s used for winter soldier and civil war.

These things don’t keep it from being a GOAT Marvel film, but they may effect the way it ages over time. :manny:
Repping for having actual gripes like the thread I assume was made for and I can actual agree with despite loving the film.

EDIT: fukk rep is gone remind me later

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Planet Namek , Outer Space
T'Challa should have used his spy network even more to help other African nations control their own wealth the same way Wakanda controls theirs.

Not exactly unpopular, but I wish those ships did make it out of Wakanda. Killmonger shouldn't have died.

MBJ didn't seem gruff enough for to play Killmonger
Thats what i was worrying about ever since i seen the trailer
he has the physical menacing intimidating look 100% tho thats why i didn't like the
idea of him having a suit:childplease:
he's just not a good enough actor for that kinda role IN MY OPINION
he did a very good job just felt like something was missing
I also didnt like the CGI at moments
I think Klaue or however you spell that shyt deserved a more brutal death
those are my only issues
all in all the movie is a 9.5/10 for me

Daps
fukk what y’all talkin bout with the over analyzing shyt, this join necessary to see in 3D? I usually chill off 3D unless it make the movie better which is rare

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
The best damn Marvel villain by far. In contention with the first Avengers for the best Marvel movie period.

The beginning 20-30 min took a while to get going but once it started there was no stopping. Amazing acting all around and another fantastic piece of art by Coogler.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Thats what i was worrying about ever since i seen the trailer
he has the physical menacing intimidating look 100% tho thats why i didn't like the
idea of him having a suit:childplease:
he's just not a good enough actor for that kinda role IN MY OPINION
he did a very good job just felt like something was missing
I also didnt like the CGI at moments
I think Klaue or however you spell that shyt deserved a more brutal death
those are my only issues
all in all the movie is a 9.5/10 for me
It's all about perception. There are really "soft spoken" "pretty boy" killers out here. Dude is always gonna be Wallace to me.