Black Panther Movie ::: Unpopular Opinions

Daps
What? Why?

Kilmonger is supposed to be the antithesis to T'Challa. Both geniuses, both ungodly talented, and both driven for their causes but Kilmonger didn't grow up in a safe bubble.

He wasn't trying to exploit good natured Africans, he was necessary to make T'Challa understand how similar they are. Black Panther JUST came back from a revenge quest when he was about to kill Bucky. He could have EASILY been Kilmonger without his dad's guidance or if he grew up in Oakland.

Wow...

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
nikkas talking about how it didn't put blame on racism or white supremacy even though Kilmonger came right and said that he learned his viciousness/bloodthirsty ways by studying white supremacy and what makes it work :mjlol:

Youre not peeping game. You from Florida you should know better

White supremacist use the same talking points when black people fight back. Like how they use MLK quotes

"' you can't defeat hate with hate"

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Spoilers:

didn’t like the way they portrayed TChaka as a full blown c00n who left his brother to rot on foreign soil. Not seeing what his brother was seeing.

Kilmonger aasked a very valid question to the council: Wjere was Wakanda? I think his character could’ve been more humanized then a one sided psychopath who shot his own gf. I was rooting for him to succeed. I should see a lot more Kilmonger Avis as more coli militants see the movie.
I felt they made killmonger some loaf ... straight idiot. Its like white supremacist or cac vision of how they see Martin vs Malcolm. Its laughable

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre not peeping game. You from Florida you should know better

White supremacist use the same talking points when black people fight back. Like how they use MLK quotes

"' you can't defeat hate with hate"

Again, T'Challa never said his fight or anger was misplaced but just sending out vibranium weapons and sending them to whoever without vetting people isn't the way to do it.

1. It's no mistake that he placed a tech embassy smack dab in the middle of Oakland at the building where Kilmonger was "Born" with Shuri and N'Kiya overseeing it. The goal is to teach their brothers and sisters while showing them the proper ways to use the technology and as a symbol of "We're here to help now".

Y'all are being unrealistic. You're expecting T'Challa to do a complete 180 when real people don't grow or change like that. Real change is gradual. Kilmonger changed how T'Challa viewed WAKANDA's responsibility in a way that even the love of his life wasn't fully able to do. Opening a border that's been closed for an untold amount of time is huge because their entire culture and lifestyle was based on secrecy.

Again, Kilmonger was never told that his anger against white supremacy was unjustified or that they didn't deserve it. The argument wasn't whether colonizers deserved to be conquered but the ramifications of opening up their true culture can have against the world. The last time someone tried to open the borders, even for a noble cause, a bunch of WAKANDAN's died in a terrorist attack so it makes sense

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
‘Black Panther’ Is Not the Movie We Deserve

This triumphant lore—the vibranium and the Wakandans’ secret history and superiority—are more than imaginative window-dressing. They go to the heart of the mistaken perception that Black Panther is a movie about black liberation.

As the movie uplifts the African noble at the expense of the black American man, every crass principle of modern black respectability politics is upheld.

In 2018, a world home to both the Movement for Black Lives and a president who identifies white supremacists as fine people, we are given a movie about black empowerment where the only redeemed blacks are African nobles. They safeguard virtue and goodness against the threat not of white Americans or Europeans, but a black American man, the most dangerous person in the world.

Even in a comic-book movie, black American men are relegated to the lowest rung of political regard. So low that the sole white leading character in the movie, the CIA operative Everett Ross (Martin Freeman), gets to be a hero who helps save Wakanda. A white man who trades in secrets and deception is given a better turn than a black man whose father was murdered by his own family and who is left by family and nation to languish in poverty. That’s racist.

The offenses don’t end, though. If one surveys the Marvel cinematic universe, one finds that the main villains—even those far more destructive than Killmonger—die infrequently. They are formidable enemies who live to challenge the hero again and again. A particularly poignant example is Loki, brother to Thor, the God of Thunder. Across the Thor and Avengers movies that feature him, Loki is single-handedly responsible for incalculable misery and damage; his power play leads to an alien invasion that nearly levels all of Manhattan. Yet Thor cannot seem to manage any more violence against Loki than slapping him around a bit and allowing other heroes to do the same—even as Loki tries to kill Thor. Loki even gets his turn to be a good guy in the recent Thor: Ragnarok. Loki gets multiple, unearned chances to redeem himself no matter what damage he has done. Killmonger, however, will not appear in another movie. He does not get a second chance. His black life did not matter even in a world of flying cars and miracle medicine. Why? Perhaps Killmonger’s main dream to free black people everywhere decisively earns him the fate of death. We know from previous Marvel movies that Killmonger’s desire for revenge is not the necessary condition to eliminate him; Loki’s seeming permanence is proof.

My claim that Killmonger’s black life does not matter is not hyperbole. In a macabre scene meant to be touching, Black Panther carries Killmonger to a plateau so that he might see the sun set on Wakanda before dying. With a spear stuck in his chest, he fulfills his wish to appreciate the splendor his father described, when Wakanda seemed a fairy tale. T’Challa offers Wakanda’s technology to save Killmonger’s life—it has saved the white CIA agent earlier in the film. But Killmonger recalls his slave heritage and tells Panther he’d rather die than live in bondage. He knows the score. He knows that Panther will incarcerate him (as is disproportionately common for black American men). The silence that follows seems to last an eternity. Here is the chance for the movie to undo its racist sins: T’Challa can be the good person he desires to be. He can understand that Killmonger is in part the product of American racism and T’Chaka’s cruelty. T’Challa can realize that Wakanda has been hoarding resources and come to an understanding with Killmonger that justice may require violence, if as a last resort. After all, what else do comic-book heroes do but dispense justice with their armored fists and laser rifles? Black Panther does not flinch. There is no reconciliation. Killmonger yanks the spear out of his chest and dies. The sun sets on his body as it did on Michael Brown’s.

Black Panther is not the movie we deserve. My president already despises me. Why should I accept the idea of black American disposability from a man in a suit, whose name is synonymous with radical uplift but whose actions question the very notion that black lives matter?

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So what breh he's a dope ass character that had a legit cause. Same thing with Bane in dark night rises.
People arent on his dikk for his performance...which was great...they are dik riding his message which is a bit flawed...

but once you start talking about killing wypipo the militants start getting a hard on

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Can a Wakandan embassy have the same power to hide its surrounding in Oakland? Look like a project, but be rich as hell on the inside? The conservative critics will love this, as this is why they oppose large scale aid to impoverished areas.

Also didn't like the notion of linking black liberation to terroristic shyt. They already think we are terrorists... But at the same time, fukk what they think :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I think the editing could have been better which would help the pace

I don't know if I should blame that or just the way it was written.. probably could've used a couple more action sequences

I loved all the actors

I liked it much more than Captain Americas first movie and seeing how that trilogy developed

This has alot of potential

Safe

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Every thing except Michael B Jordan acting was lit. His monotone delivery was worse than talk show monologues.

This is literally my only complaint. What the fukk happened with Michael B? He delivered his lines TERRIBLY, everytime he spoke I had to remember I wasn't watching Power Rangers. He did so well in Creed I just don't understand what happened. :mjcry: