Black Panther Movie ::: Unpopular Opinions

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
y'all just some y'all just some comic book ass cornball nigggas. Throw a man and some tights on the screen and your diccks get hard. Let it be a black dude and y'all get teary-eyed.

A lot of yall Nigggas are fukking losers. How to fukk your can't see through this bullshyt:hhh:.
Proof you have zero clue wtf you're talking about. Just another pissed off lame that got bused out the hood and had zero friends. It's over now breh. It's going to be okay.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I don't give a shyt about that nut shyt. It tried to make black Americans look like bloodthirsty hateful fiends. Then it played into the whole idea tribalism is black people's main problem not white people or racism. Yall Young Millennial cartoony buffoony nigggas need to learn the peep game...

Well to be fair Killmonger was crucial in conveying the central conflicts of the movie.

Why doesn't Wakanda help other black people e.g. African Americans and others.

It's one of the reasons I loved this movie it reflects on what power is and where it comes from. Stability, leadership, resources, technology.

The character Killmonger forces the protagonist to face the problem and accept uncomfortable truths about what he believed. He forces him to grow up.

Was Killmonger portrayed as blood thirsty? Yes. He was angry and he had been wronged. But I didn't see his blood thirst as a reflection on African Americans I saw the unfairness and I think we could all see where he was coming from and sympathise which made him a much more interesting villain.

But I will agree that there is an anger with colonisation, pillaging resources, slavery, political sabotage etc which I'm glad the movie touched on.

Those are all things to be angry about. Especially when now more than ever Europeans act like it's a history that they ought to be proud of.

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
Great movie. They had a lot of lowkey real shyt that I'm surprised got past the cac execs.
Secondary characters more developed and nuanced then any movie I've seen in recent memory.
Disappointed they pulled the punch @ the end when they quoted the Pope speech but said "..Build barriers instead of walls"

Breh what makes you think anything got past these cac execs??

:jbhmm:

Is it possible they're so comfortable in their positions of dominance in the real world, dialogue from a fantasy movie doesn't phase them?
:jbhmm::jbhmm:

Could it be lightweight mockery, taunting... considering they own the entire intellectual property and license anything to do with it???
:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
T'Challa should have used his spy network even more to help other African nations control their own wealth the same way Wakanda controls theirs.

Not exactly unpopular, but I wish those ships did make it out of Wakanda. Killmonger shouldn't have died.

MBJ didn't seem gruff enough for to play Killmonger.