Black Panther Movie ::: Unpopular Opinions

locdnloaded17

Rookie
Daps
Killmonger was an allegory for African Americans and their anger towards Africans for abandoning them.

My analysis was identical. There were a few other things that I noticed about his character that I appreciated but this was one of my major takeaways. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't really view Killmonger as an "evil" villain partially because of this.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:I swear I missed something because I don't see nobody mention the fact that this sovereign, self-determined nation Wakanda ends up in collusion with the C.I.A.

That happened right?

:mindblown:
I said something similar in another thread. How the fukk he need to go to school in europe when he's from a supposed advanced Nation. That subliminal shyt. Even the most advanced smartest people on Earth must go to cacs to get an education.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't give a shyt about that nut shyt. It tried to make black Americans look like bloodthirsty hateful fiends. Then it played into the whole idea tribalism is black people's main problem not white people or racism. Yall Young Millennial cartoony buffoony nigggas need to learn the peep game...

The fukk? Kilmonger isn't supposed to be an average black American. He was raised by his militant father, has obvious ancestral knowledge and teachings passed from his father, spoke fluent Wakandan, and he was also among the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe so far.

And the entire purpose of Kilmonger's arc is that his points about white supremacy and the colonizers was VALID. His hatred was validated. You notice how no one denied what he said as truth, they said they didn't want to interfere or be as bad as the colonizers.

That's why N'Kiya (Lupita's character) actually shared a lot of his beliefs about Wakandan Culture. That they have a duty to help those they can and by turning a blind eye to our brothers misfortunes, rather than shining a light on it, leads to talented, intelligent black boys being taught by the system and turning into Kilmongers.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
My analysis was identical. There were a few other things that I noticed about his character that I appreciated but this was one of my major takeaways. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't really view Killmonger as an "evil" villain partially because of this.
Killmonger was only a villain due to his methods and tactics he learned being conditioned in the white supremecist nation of America :yeshrug:

FreshandClean

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte,NC
I don't give a shyt about that nut shyt. It tried to make black Americans look like bloodthirsty hateful fiends. Then it played into the whole idea tribalism is black people's main problem not white people or racism. Yall Young Millennial cartoony buffoony nigggas need to learn the peep game...
have y'all ever considered maybe y'all look TOO MUCH into shyt

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas talking about how it didn't put blame on racism or white supremacy even though Kilmonger came right and said that he learned his viciousness/bloodthirsty ways by studying white supremacy and what makes it work :mjlol:

It's then further beat into your head when the CIA agent blatantly says, this is what they learn when we sent them in to destabilize nations in unstable conditions :mjlol:

Kilmonger is used as a mirror for the viciousness of what CACs did but aimed at them.