Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I understand OP's point...and agree to a point.

1. The fictional character Black Panther is not a legitimate reference for black excellence...as his excellence is fabricated. It cannot be tangibly useful to reference the lore/character as an accomplishment "as we did not create him."

Yet, I will say that an inspiration can be woven through the characters presentation and possible re-evolution for a modern audience. Parallels can be drawn and concepts can be imagined from the existence of the character. This character makes me feel good, and looks like me...had I a son...I am sure he would absolutely love BP. It also opens up a discussion of civilization, actual resource exploitation, geo-politics, pride, and ancestry. It is a relevant film/creation in this era, and would be remiss otherwise considering the female fictional hero explosion of the last 5 years. Cynicism is expected, but doesn't have a strong case...especially from black folks.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know why I see tons of Facebook profile pictures of the cinanamatic black panther helmet with the red green and black filter like it’s some black owned and black controlled property. I mean damn nikka y’all rocking that as a testament to black excellence but not a black hand was involved in its creation nor the movie is made by black executive producers (Fiege).

Yeah I get he’s a strong, respectful, and intelligent black comic book character but that’s where it should end. He should not be looked at as a symbol of pro-blackness since we don’t own or control the property.
we happy to see something black and positive. that should be it.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
"I DON'T CARE IF ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE GUNNA GET RICH OFF THIS, IMMA SEE THIS FILM 5 TIMES IN THE THEATER, AND BUY THE DVD. EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BOUGHT BLACK OWNED IN YEARS IF EVER"
full
:dead:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
we happy to see something black and positive. that should be it.

/thread

This entire thread consisted of these three things

1. Attack a point no one was making (no one disputes that Black Panther isn't black owned or controlled)

2. Use that attack to make it seem like people getting hype for the movie is a bad thing

3. Call people stupid for not agreeing with you

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Now if they assigned a couple black writers to the comic and modernized it...and made it darker...or even a few graphic novels. It still belongs to Marvel, but a cool opportunity exists with it. :yeshrug: