Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
I guess I need to re-read the pro black handbook, must have missed the page where it stated for something to be pro black, black people have to make money off of it.
Shouldn’t that be one of the goals of something or someone being pro black? Making money for black people and putting it in our communities? How can you be pro black if you are putting money in white men hands and they in turn invest in their communities and neglect ours?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Shouldn’t that be one of the goals of something or someone being pro black? Making money for black people and putting it in our communities? How can you be pro black if you are putting money in white men hands and they in turn invest in their communities and neglect ours?

We get it but progress takes time... :dahell: I'm a creator myself and funding is kinda hard to pull off, Marvel and DC got millions under their belt. most black creators, writers and artists be indie as fukk.

Also it would help if we could all unite and galvanize an entire black people from different regions to create our own... but like i said progress takes time. I'm all for connecting with foreign readers and kids of all stripes that partially my goal... to reach out to african and caribbean nations to promote my books.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know breh... :jbhmm: You acting as if the young king can't walk with a certain sway to him.... He is a king maybe he is feeling himself.:wow:
Also Obama has a swag walk too, is it that impossible for him to do the same as a leader?:what:

It's an American swag though..also Obama grew up on America so it's the same swag.
Every culture has their swag of course, so that's why I said it looks out of place. It would be like James Bond with Jason Bourne swag..

agree to disagree though, I'm done with it

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Mfs love entertainment & symbolism....nikkas out here thinking lectures & documentaries are progress or liberating :manny:it is what is tho...

I'm waiting on the "RarbgDrop" as always :mjgrin:
I still remember aXXo and YIFY :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:
them 700mb torrents fed a breh in high school :phewmayne:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Here are some black-owned comics for @Rainman and @VelourSocks

I actually own several of these :sas1:

01-black-cover.w529.h529.jpg

Wallpaper3_2560-1600.jpg

ThePak_pic1.jpg

cover-art-final-promo-21.jpg

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xOTcvNDU0L29yaWdpbmFsL01hbGlrYV9GQ0JEX2NvdmVyLmpwZw==

tephlon-funk-05.jpg

26790433.jpg

PrinceOfCats-1.png

Ajala-A-Series-of-Adventures-01-597x895.jpg

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
@Concerning VIolence stop tagging dikkhead. Check my post history, I actually brought up a link to black-owned comics before, so don’t try to tell me shyt I don’t know. Some of those comics you brought up are old as well.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I’m still gonna go watch black panther regardless:yeshrug:

But to call it a black power symbol is asinine

Tyler Perry is more of a black power symbol than black panther but I’ll leave it at that

Exactly, I wasn’t saying to boycott it, I’m saying making something that’s pro-black is dumb as hell.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Black Panther is seen as pro black not because of the actual comic character who never really had to deal with White supremacy but because of Huey and Fred Hampton. We remember and so do they. When I rock my black panther T-shirt old Cacs be staring at it hard trying to figure out what is going on. “Is it the terrorist group becky :picard:“. The fact he is the King of the most advanced nation in the world is just a bonus.:banderas:

You must be white or a millenial if you don’t get that :yeshrug:

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
if you or the other poster aint supporting these black owned comic book heroes then your preaching is empty as hell.

my cousin has a comic been series y'all can support if y'all really about that

Legend of the Black Starr©™

HeroesCon draws comic book fans
It's not a comic book thing with me. I don't really fukk with comic book/fantasy movies, period. The main point I was making was in regards to ownership. This isn't some monumental achievement others are making it out to be if whites/Jews ultimately own the intellectual property, distribute it, and control the licensing of anything associated with it.