Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You tell me and quote the source. If you don’t quote the source then it’s a automatic neg and L to you
when your done with your childish neg because you like to speak on shyt you known nothing about, take a nap, it's been a long day

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Jack Kirby was never stationed in Africa during World War II. :gucci:

He was in Normandy, France. He caught frostbite in the winter of 1944, and was sent back to the US to recover where he was honorably discharged. Facts matter :bpufedup:

False. Black Panther debuted in 1964 (four months before the Black Panther Party was formed, ironically :ohhh:) Billy Graham didn't start working for Marvel until 1972, and even then he was the artist, not the writer. He helped plot the scenes, but he didn't write the story arcs. That was Don McGregor, who happens to be white. :francis:1= if kirby was never in africa, why was he given the african bronze star medal? 2= when i'm talking about billy grahman i'm talking the black panther that he help bring to life because lee, kirby, and mcgregor don't know how to write a story or develop a character about a strong African warriors. most of those comic book heroes were based on our African heros, thor, wolverine,spiderman,you name it,the only thing these white man did was put a white face on it.

Yes. :mjstare:

If you understand Lee and Kirby's history, it's not much of a surprise. Stan Lee has said multiple times that he and Kirby created Black Panther because there were literally no Black superheroes created before him.
You really think I'd use the alias "The Black Panther" and not be knowledgeable about the character? :martinbp:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I hear what you're saying...

But when 95% of other comic heroes are white and the black ones are all "grew up in the hood stealing to get by until super powers changed his life", it's really REALLY nice to have one hero who looks like us who defines excellence.
this.
thank you for putting it so nicely

hold this rep.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
when i saw the elder male wit the lip plate i knew it some bullshyt...

cuz thats something that was forced on african women to make em unattractive to arab invaders...

so they wouldnt be kidnapped as sex slaves... now they got us believing its something to be proud of...

let cacs tell yo history brehs...
Bring receipts on this breh.

nikkas make wild statements on here

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
You cannot say that BP is being pro-black while being created by two white guys. Doesn’t matter what the film does for black actors and what type of precedence it sets for black films in Hollyweird IT IS STILL NOT A SYMBOL OF PRO-BLACKNESS

Y’all are going on this slippery slope about anyone can create a cool black character and y’all would say it’s pro-black. If it wasn’t created by black hands it’s still not pro-black.

@jackson35 Black Panther was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, two white Jewish guys. No shame in that. :yeshrug:

No black people were involved in Black Panther's creation, but some of the biggest contributors to the Black Panther mythos were black (artists Billy Graham:blackpblessed:, Ken Lashley:bpbanderas:, Brian Stelfreeze :noah: and writers Christopher Priest :bpbanderas: Reginald Hudlin :ehh: and Te-Nehisi Coates :ehh:)

Stan Lee hasn't written for Black Panther since 1966 :russ:

In the Marvel/DC world you don't really "own" or solely define your characters. Once they're established enough in-universe, they're free reign for any other writer to propel or tarnish. To add or remove.

All the writers who've written his character techincally "own" him too.

Look at Shuri, T'challa's sister.. Shuri wasn't created by Stan Lee, she was created by Reginald Hudlin.

Look at Nakia (played by Lupita), created by Christopher Priest.

The Dora MIlaje, arugably the second most important appendage to T'challa's character, was created by Christopher Priest.
black-panther-dora-milaje-group.png

All black men.

indirectly responsible for the most amount of black women seen in a superhero film.

This movie would be nothing without them.

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
LET OUR DOLLAR SPEAK, WE WANT THESE KIND OF MOVIES NOT THE fukkING SLAVE shyt, NOT THE c00n shyt

The only issue with this film (before seeing it) the people who will mostly profit most from it aren't black

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched the trailer, why did it look like he had a pimp walk? That looked out of place.