Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Yo!!!! I was out the theater at Northlake Mall last night and that shyt was live a fukk!!!

Mad cats wearing Dashiki’s and other African garments.

There was a couple dresses as BP & Storm.

And it was sold out.

I may go back tonight at CCMills, where you seeing it at my QC Breh?

Martha
I'm watching at Northlake Saturday. The IMAX.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
185 million 3 day, as is currently being tracked, would put Black Panther above:

Captain America: Civil War - 179m
Iron Man 3 - 174m
The Dark Knight Rises - 160m
The Dark Knight - 158m
Spider-Man 3 - 151m
Deadpool - 132m
Iron Man 2 - 128m

Basically, highest grossing superhero movie that doesn't start with "Avengers" :picard:

Basically GOAT stand alone superhero movie :wow:

Those aol dial up connection days when Christopher Priest's digital website was the only real outlet to celebrate the character.. 20 years later and look at us BP fans now :to:

We doing it :mjcry: Nah, no matter what happens, we did it :mjcry:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
That's the first note on P1 of every script we see at Coli Casting.

We don't even have to read the whole thing. fukk your genre, fukk your story, fukk your budget.

Breh....I felt the same way. Saw them announce it on Collider and instantly got upset at myself. I knew I probably wouldn’t like it much but also knew I was definitely going to watch. And she doesn’t disappoint :wow: in fact, the movie could’ve used more Daddario

Let's not derail this thread :lolbron:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
See this.....

As much as I’d love to see it do that?

I would like it to be reasonable.

A bill is too much..... that scares me cuz say this does that but then BP2 only does $800M. Then critics and weak stans gonna clown the franchise and claim “it fell off” and a little bit of faith is lost since it will be judged more harsh and unfairly different than other films.

It’s hard to go back to back to hopefully back on the Billions tip, unless it’s some big shyt like Star Wars and probably JPark.

I’d like it I pace itself on and hit a about $800M and leave room to grow going forward for sequels

Martha
This is a Double Toasted 'What If BP Fails' style post.

That's understandable, but ultimately don't think like this.

Don't be afraid of success because of them. Let Ryan win. He'll deal with the fire next time when it comes.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh....I felt the same way. Saw them announce it on Collider and instantly got upset at myself. I knew I probably wouldn’t like it much but also knew I was definitely going to watch. And she doesn’t disappoint :wow: in fact, the movie could’ve used more Daddario

the unspeakable things i'd do that that woman....she'd love and hate brothas when i was done....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the first note on P1 of every script we see at Coli Casting.

We don't even have to read the whole thing. fukk your genre, fukk your story, fukk your budget.

Let's not derail this thread :lolbron:

“But sirs, it’s black panther. An all black cast”
“But where Daddario at?”
“There aren’t any white roles..”
“We hear you. But you know what your black panther film could use? More Daddario”
“But she’s white”
“But she’s got them thangs”

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
185 million 3 day, as is currently being tracked, would put Black Panther above:

Captain America: Civil War - 179m
Iron Man 3 - 174m
The Dark Knight Rises - 160m
The Dark Knight - 158m
Spider-Man 3 - 151m
Deadpool - 132m
Iron Man 2 - 128m

Basically, highest grossing superhero movie that doesn't start with "Avengers" :picard:

Basically GOAT stand alone superhero movie :wow:

Those aol dial up connection days when Christopher Priest's digital website was the only real outlet to celebrate the character.. 20 years later and look at us BP fans now :to:

We doing it :mjcry: Nah, no matter what happens, we did it :mjcry:

Yooooo I remember finding that site when I first heard of Black Panther....damn I just had a flashback .

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
PdFA0wE.jpg

now all we need is...
Myymvg3.jpg

:banderas:

naaaaaah! i dont think they ready for THAT shyt!
:noreha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This shyt is charting past 200 mil in my mind :wow: big props to everyone involved and all the fans putting their money where their mouths are. I remember years ago on this site saying when the movie comes out, not a single person here better be asking to pass the mustard with all the shyt talk that goes on.

Jards

All Star
Daps
i'm seeing it again tonight....and i've been telling people to go see it...
Went Tuesday in IMAX and Wednesday with my cousin. Turned around and seen another 5 of my cousins walking out at the end of the film. Little bro walked out the screening before mine. Taking the fam tomorrow and my pops is going Sunday.

Dedicated to the motherfukking billy.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The first set of estimates are in, and they’re showing that Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther is headed toward a historic weekend with $200M-$205M over four-days, $175M over three. These figures do not come from Disney. The Ryan Coolger-directed, an co-written pic with Joe Robert Cole should post an estimated $72M today, with last night’s $25.2M previews repping 35% of that number.

:blessed: