Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
hasn;t been released in china, russia or japan yet breh
And for those who can't read, Black Panther's international total is 228 million not including this weekend yet.

BP had 320 million domestic (320+228=548) before this 108 million projected bump. They haven't said what the international bump is yet.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just putting shyt into perspective all this time i've been reading its breaking this record and its breaking that record, i just assumed it was a global success however its really just a north american success. And if we are banking on these :mjpls: countries for a spiderman homecoming level spike, i dont know

someone posted that it has the highest pre booking in china for a mcu film

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yea, and you're that one :mjlol:
I never replied to an article i replied to a post. Even if you worked for marvel/disney adhominems would still be an odd choice the fact that you dont just makes all the more strange

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm sure Iger wants to, but it's probably too late at this point.

I know Star Wars opens next year, but they don't have their characters for Amusement parks. Universal has it. And they are not idiots to give it back. It's basically a win win for Comcast Universal. They get to eat good off of this Marvel Movie success with no fukks given.

edit: Apparently the contract is only for use "east of the Mississippi" so Disney could be a$$holes and build something at Disneyland :russ:

LOL, you be knowing your business shyt. Tho from the vids of Black Panther and the Dora Milaje at Disneyland already, I'm sure they got something in the works cooking as we speak.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah, a billion is pretty much confirmed at this point, no question. Especially with some regions not even getting the movie yet. I had a gut feeling before it even released, that it'd top a billy. Just had too many good things put into it to not be successful.
Yessir. This weekend showed that it had the legs and it wasn't just a front runner.

Advanced tickets for China's 3 day is reportedly higher than spidey homecoming, which had a 71 million 3 day. So if we say China's total box office run for BP stops at 100 milly (and it will probably be much higher; since the 3 day alone might be near 100m)...

...that means the USA + non-China foreign markets just have to get the total to 900m, and China would be the capper for a billy. It's already at 700m and only on it's 2nd weekend, so yea i think it's all but assured. It'll probably get another 200 in the USA alone.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Well, past Justice League in 2 weeks and it’s 2nd weekend was higher than Justice League and Wonder Woman’s opening weekend.

Also 2nd highest weekend of all time behind Force Awakens.