"Black Panther" Adds Michael B. Jordan In Possible Villain Role

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
yeah but every movie MBJ is always the hero, nice guy or frail emotional character

Awkward Moment- emotional simp trying to get back his ex-wife
Fruityvale station- unsung thug hero
Fantastic 4- hero
Creed- hero
The Wire- dude literally pissed his pants while Boadie points a gun at him :mjcry:

MBJ too much of a nice guy. shyt would look forced if he was made into a villain imo
They said similar things about Denzal and he was a bad guy in Training Day. Now that I think about it that is the only film that I can recall that he was a villain.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is great but is nobody bothered by Hollywood reaching for the same 4-5 people when it comes to black casts?
I am, but this is Hollywood, black actors get a bit more shine, but when it comes to black actresses, there is only one at a time. It's a shame....lupita the only one hitting on the mainstream then it's a whole gang of half breeds creeping on the outside (Zoe, Tessa, gugu, kiersey)

Crazy how Hollywood takes a leap of faith on unknown Brits Canadians and Aussies simply due to their talent but when casting americans you already have to have star power or be one of the chosen faces

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I knew I wouldn't make it a few posts before somebody would complain. Michael B. is a very capable actor, I think he'll make an excellent villain.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
T'challa about to hit him with the

"Where the fukk is Shuri? Heh? Erik? :birdman:"

Jokes aside, I could see him playing Killmonger, maybe? It's possible that the seeds were already planted for the character in Age Of Ultron and Civil War.:ohhh:

Michael B.and Coogler might end up fukking around and building that same actor/director relationship that Denzel/Spike and Leo/Martin have.:leon:
They already have.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rumors of Fox and Marvel reaching an agreement have been going around for a couple weeks. He could easily still be Human Torch

Could Fox Studios and Sony-Marvel Studios finally cross over their characters?

It is known that both Fox Studios and Marvel Studios had major disagreements on the handling of the Fantastic Four franchise, and we all saw the results of Fox’s stubbornness come to light with the Fantastic Four reboot results. Even with that shaky situation, let’s hope that Fox finally learned from their mistakes after the success of Deadpool. Kevin Feige does have a business relationship with Tim Miller along with the Sony Pictures team, so this could be a possible bridge finally being built between Fox and Marvel Studios.

Is Marvel Pulling 'The Inhumans' In Order To Reboot 'The Fantastic Four'?

It has been rumored for some time now that FOX and Marvel would make a deal to share the film rights to the Fantastic Four similar to the one Marvel and Sony completed for Spider-Man's film rights.

In fact the last time Marvel pushed back its film slots was when the deal for Spider-Man to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe was made. They ended up pushing back Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Inhumans in order to make room for such a popular character. Getting the film rights back for a popular brand such as Fantastic Four would certainly entice Marvel to hold off on their original plans for a smaller brand like Inhumans.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is great but is nobody bothered by Hollywood reaching for the same 4-5 people when it comes to black casts?
Generally and historically speaking? Sure, but we can find and focus on a negative spin in anything great if that's the prerogative.

Coogler casts Michael B in everything he directs. So is that a white hollywood making the call or is that a black director making the call? I'm sure ppl could argue either way. People been wanting Lupita in a prominent role that's not voice-over related for a minute, but now that she may have got one, is it white hollywood making the call, black director making the call, or are we just happy she finally got a role where she would be prominently featured as the leading lady and love interest? It's whatever narrative ppl want to role with there.

All i know for sure is:

Black director, black script writer, black lead actor, black love interest, black villain, black country, black superhero, black excellence. + big disney budget, and perfectly executed launching pad intro for the black superhero that has everyone #BlackPantherSoLit

So there's a lot of things that bother me about hollywood but so far i am elated about how Disney has handled this so far.