Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mentioned this before but the problem is Coogler didn't even do right by T'Challa in the first movie.

He made him of average intelligence. When he's supposed to be one of the smartest in the Marvel Universe. Instead Shuri was made to be the smartest.

He's supposed to be one the best fighters in the Marvel Universe. He instead got beat by some random angry dude from Oakland. :francis:

Which would be the equivalent of batman losing a fight to some random street goon. It would never happen.

And so you had the Russo brothers who actually did right by him by making him a better fighter and leader than Coogler did.

So I think the problem is for him it was just a job that he didn't care much about and he pushed his own narrative with the script of Black men as barely competent and taking a backseat to Black women because that's what he does in his own personal life. He literally can't imagine black men in control of anything.

And I mentioned this before but BET of all networks portrayed T'Challa in the best possible way in a cartoon.

Because in the cartoon, Wakanda gets invaded by Klaw, the USA :mjpls: , a rival African country, Juggernaut (!!), Black knight, and Radioactive man. And Shuri takes care of Radioactive man but T'Challa while he's fighting Black knight works out how to take care of all the rest of the threats and saves Wakanda.

I doubt Coogler knows of that and if he does he ignored it. And certainly ignored Captain America Civil War because he just wasn't going to show T'Challa accurately.

And about the agenda, that comes from Coogler and his people. If he wanted Wakanda to be represented by Black men he would but he's one of those weak male feminists who hates being a man or being in charge so he pushes that idea on a fictional world.
I spoke on this in the black panther thread so I won't go too deep but yea black men were hype over T'Challa in Civil War because he was bossing up on nikkas and LOOKING royal the whole movie

Black Panther T'Challa was more of the docile type of MCU black male who wasn't that assertive and didn't make his own decisions. There's a reason Killmonger walked away as the true star of that movie. Killmonger had black men and women and T'Challa was damn near an afterthought in his own movie

And Coogler definitely cared but I think Black Panther was the movie that exposed his views and limitations as a director

In Black Panther Coogler is essentially attacking black Americans with that "you are lost" rhetoric and used T'Challa as a vessel for pushing respectability politics

Black Panther having lackluster action scenes also hurts T'Challa. This is where the Russo's edge out because T'Challa action scenes in Civil War we're :wow::whew:

Ryan Coogler has one of the best eyes for cinematography in Hollywood today and his use and understanding of colors is MASTERFUL, but one thing he is not is an action director

There is no scene in Black Panther even remotely as bossed up as this. It's only a few seconds but that few seconds shows you everything about how Wakanda moves

Remember how hype the theater got off that shyt? THIS is the shyt a young black boy sees and wants to be when he grows up. Hell even grown nikkas we're saying that's what they wanna be :russ:

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right now Blade is in shambles. They had to rewrite the entire script. Pushed back filming. Most likely PG-13 too.By the time Blade comes out, Mahershala Ali will be 50+.
Saw who the script writer was and immediately lost hope for this movie. So I’m not surprised hearing this

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Chadwick Boseman died

This isn't like other movies. They shoulda recast, but otherwise the cast is mostly the same. No point in complaining now
im not thrilled about them not recasting

will watch when it hits Disney plus
Following his death fans decried even the suggestion that they recast.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Icon is a black male superhero made by a black man. Why doesn’t anyone care about him?

Icon-Milestone-Comics-d.jpg
Too bad WB/DC fumbled because right now they should be ushering Milestone characters onto the big screen. Still don't understand how we don't have a static film yet.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Micheal B. Jordan is actually directing a Static Shock movie.
Thanks, I didn't know that and I'll be there day one. Would be nice if they can start making films and tv series for milestone characters because I think they would actually perform well in attracting viewers.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
His sister does NOT “succeed” T’Challa in the comics. She takes the mantle while T’Challa was physically impaired, she also admits to him that he is the true King and chosen one to rule Wakanda and abdicates the thrown back to him.
:russ: Theses dudes don’t read the source material lol. They watch a 2min YouTube video, and think they know the lore.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed: At this point it is what it is. Nobody said Shuri can’t be the Black Panther. It happened in the comics. We saying we want to see Shuri, fight alone side her brother. Rip to Chadwick, but the character is bigger then the actor. He would’ve wanted the character, to live on. Let’s be real if Tom Holland, dropped dead right now. Marvel would have another. White boy in red, and blue tights by tomorrow.