Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair she wasn't the panther for long

alot of ya'll never read thsi stuff but pretending to be experts,

OP is a fragile KOON

Stop bytching and go read the comics, you not that important
clean.jpg

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
A lot of you starting to be and sound just like cacs.

Nawl. That's EXACTLY what many of 'em are. Peckerwoods (and peckerwood adjacent "others") masquerading as Black folks. It's why so many are leaning so hard into these gripes as a means to overcompensate. Some of these grievances thread after thread are VERY outlandish.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Are there any Black male comicbook characters who aren't c00ns, sidekicks, or bedbucks?

*Miles Morales isn't allowed to figure out his powers without Peter Parker in a racist paternalistic way teaching him how to figure out his own abilities. And in this upcoming movie they're pairing him with the cacette spiderwoman.

But in true racist fashion he'll likely be barely competent and if there is any romance it'll be only lightly touched on so as not to offend the cac spiderman fan base. :mjpls:

*T'Challa isn't any of those but Coogler and Nate Moore were apparently plotting on moving Black Panther to Shuri even before Chadwick passed away. And allegedly he was upset about that. And understandably so.

With Namor they're giving Latinos their own male superhero without watering him down like they did with T'Challa. Which means they know what to do they just don't want to do it for Black men. :mjpls:

*Icon is a Republican c00n. :mjpls:

* In Captain American 4, Falcon is going to be kept weak and deprived of the super soldier serum and he's going to apparently be sidelined in his own film by Harrison ford and other characters.

*Rhodey goes from being a sidekick of Tony Stark's to having his own film but there's no history of Marvel respecting and centering him so it's unlikely he'll get to boss up.

*The Ant Man rumors indicate Kang will be a joke and not a serious villain. In keeping with the Marvel tendency of having weak villains but also emasculating Black men.

As for people asking what's the big deal, does anyone notice a distinct lack of excitement for this film? No Black kids dancing? Or planning mass trips to the theaters?

You know why? Because no one cares about 80lb Shuri taking over and fighting sea mexicans. And if Coogler and Moore cared they'd fix this mess. But they don't.

Last edited:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
As for people asking what's the big deal, does anyone notice a distinct lack of excitement for this film? No Black kids dancing? Or planning mass trips to the theaters?

You know why? Because no one cares about 80lb Shuri taking over and fighting sea mexicans. And if Coogler and Moore cared they'd fix this mess. But they don't.
Besides No Way Home having three spideys in it, no film has really been that exciting since covid.

You'd have to take into account the marketing of BP being the first, official, Black-led Marvel film. That's where majority of the hype came from if we're being honest. So you're not going to see wholesome vids of Black kids dancing this time around (that was also one instance LOL).

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Women and LGBT need heroes too :manny:

I want superheroes that I can identify as much as the next breh, but I won't get mad at another group wanting some representation too

Rather see a female black panther than the millionth white male or female lead film

Women have always had heroes, please stop it. But today movies od and make her gay+lead...

Why can't it just be a normal woman? Not this rainbow shyt?

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Yeah it's just a movie and I can't wait to see it...

On the other hand if it's just a movie, they could have Terrance Howard/Don Cheadle'd somebody like Aldis Hodge in there and kept it moving. They could have just had him win the mantle outright in combat.

Daps
Stop being emotionally attached to a movie. Stop looking to outside forces to feel good about yourself. Every single day on the coli, it’s “poor black man, woe is me, nobody loves me,”. Take action to improve your life. Everything starts within.