Sunnyvale/ Towerside San Francisco

main-qimg-f0030a42cd892222248f1f5264b97a60-c

hqdefault.jpg

images

Fillmoe/ Fillmore San Francisco

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

@Fillmoe15 @BayArea @Keyser Soze @The_Hillsta @MrFettuccinePockets

are there any flat parts of San Francisco at all? I notice all the jects that you posted or I seen was on top of a hill.

also are there any black areas in San Jose? I always seen that they had a huge Hispanic population but never heard about any blacks.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Our AAU programs are hella good. nikkas that got dope money from the 80's and 90's be giving back to the community via basketball programs and rec centers in the hood. besides that idk I just know growing up every nikka including me was so dedicated to basketball lol. There's a basketball court in literally every park. The Holly's got 2 legendary street ball courts: Othello and Holly Park. Real shyt there were some nikkas that would run the fade on you if you embarrassed them in any fashion:wow:
Makes sense. Speak more on Black Seattle if you can, my friend...

:jbhmm:

What part of Seattle did you grow up in? Southeast? Central, Rainier?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
My old hood Lakeview, SF:

OCEAN VIEW / Neighborhood reclaims its mean streets

San Francisco used to be ~ 13% black in the 70's. SF has experienced the most acute case of black flight of any big city in America. But SF has been pushing black people out of the city since the 70's with the razing of the Fillmore. Fillmoe was known as the "Harlem of the West" during the Jazz era. Black neighborhoods in SF are Fillmoe, Hunter's Point, Lakeview, Sunnydale, Potrero Hill etc. Today, after decades of gentrification, the only predominantly black areas of SF are the projects scattered throughout the city in Fillmoe, Hunter's Point, Potrero Hill etc. Projects in SF have been rated as some of the worst in America in terms of livability indexes:

Hunters View - not Sunnydale - ranks as S.F.'s worst complex

Lakeview was majority black all the way up in until about the mid 90's. The area around Randolph street is still mostly black in some blocks, mostly around the projects on 200 block. Hunter's Point used to have the largest concentration of black owned real estate and black owned businesses in the entire state of California in the 80's:

Black flight

San Francisco, along with every other major city in the Bay, is one of the only cities in California that doesn't have a real presence of Bloods or Crips in the black population. Crips tried to set up shop in Hunter's Point in the early 80's, but eventually got ran out of town. The murder rate in San Francisco over the decades was fueled by neighborhood funk between rival turfs (i.e. Sunnydale vs. Lakeview) and killings over the dope game.

Crip-less: S.F.'s Dislike of Franchises Extends to Street Gangs

Even though SF's black population was relatively small, a lot of game comes from the city. SF created too much slang that you haters use. If you from outside of Northern Cali and have ever used the word "hella" and talk shyt about Frisco, please proceed to washing your mouth out with piss :pacspit::

Urban Dictionary: hella

Too $hort basically created the independent hustle in Rap in the early 80's. This set the precedent for Bay Area rap from the early 80's to the present. The independent hustle in the Rap game was crazy in SF in the 90's. Every hood in SF in the 90's had local rappers dropping classics back then. Fillmoe produced West Coast legends like Rappin 4 Tay, San Quinn, JT the Bigga Figga, Andre Nickatina and Messy Marv, Hunter's Point had RBL Posse and others, Lakeview produced Cougnut and Cellski. Many of these rappers were featured on early No Limit compilations before Master P relocated back to the NO. These rappers were like griots telling the stories of these turfs. Not every city and hood in America had rappers to articulate their struggles without big record labels trying to water down their sound and message. As a result, SF rap was too hard for the motherfukking radio:

I watched The Block Report on Lakewview. One of the more interesting neighborhoods in SF. Lakeview, and Sunnydale seem to be the two predominant Black neighborhoods on the South Side. Both hoods have alot of character.

But Filmore seems to be the blackest neighborhood in the center of SF. I know of Uptown Filmore and Downtown Filmore. And I'm a fan of Dre Dog. Dre Dog's The Ave sampled M'Tume's "Juicy Fruit" 2yrs before Biggie released Juicy.

When you stayed in Lakeview, did you live up the hill? I wouldn't mind living in Lakeview(assuming it's not as dangerous :whoa:)

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
Makes sense. Speak more on Black Seattle if you can, my friend...

What part of Seattle did you grow up in? Southeast? Central, Rainier?
I'm originally from the Soufend. Holly Park right off of Othello and MLK which is technically considered Beacon Hill. The Holly's and the Vista's are the two main hoods in South Seattle that got a long history in the city. virtually all AA's, East Africans, SE Asians. Both of them were torn down and renovated as state of the art low income housing starting in 2009 so now you'll find the occasional cac living in the complex with the store front on MLK. My family moved by that time to Lynnwood which is a suburb/neighborhood in the Norfend. A lot of black people relocated hear when gentrification really started hitting the hood cause its a cheap area to live with some descent sized homes. But even now they starting to redevelop Lynnwood. Whole lotta Mexicans live here but for the most part we coexist. Another historic black neighborhood in Seattle is Yesler Terrace in Central District. It was America's first integrated housing project (40% Asian/Pacific Islander 38% Black/African 11% White 3% Native American). Black people were the obvious leaders of the community both culturally and politically. There's actually a dope short film bout da Terrace in the 90's through the day in the life of a Habesha kid called 'Hagereseb' (it means "my country"):

The Central District really is the heart of commercial black Seattle tho. Cherry St from 22nd to 33rd is virtuality all black owned business. AA Museum, Garfield High School where Jimi Hendrix, Brandon Roy, Quincy Jones, DeAndre Coleman all went, historic black churches as well as a NOI built mosque that Africans even go to.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I'm originally from the Soufend. Holly Park right off of Othello and MLK which is technically considered Beacon Hill. The Holly's and the Vista's are the two main hoods in South Seattle that got a long history in the city. virtually all AA's, East Africans, SE Asians. Both of them were torn down and renovated as state of the art low income housing starting in 2009 so now you'll find the occasional cac living in the complex with the store front on MLK. My family moved by that time to Lynnwood which is a suburb/neighborhood in the Norfend. A lot of black people relocated hear when gentrification really started hitting the hood cause its a cheap area to live with some descent sized homes. But even now they starting to redevelop Lynnwood. Whole lotta Mexicans live here but for the most part we coexist. Another historic black neighborhood in Seattle is Yesler Terrace in Central District. It was America's first integrated housing project (40% Asian/Pacific Islander 38% Black/African 11% White 3% Native American). Black people were the obvious leaders of the community both culturally and politically. There's actually a dope short film bout da Terrace in the 90's through the day in the life of a Habesha kid called 'Hagereseb' (it means "my country"):

The Central District really is the heart of commercial black Seattle tho. Cherry St from 22nd to 33rd is virtuality all black owned business. AA Museum, Garfield High School where Jimi Hendrix, Brandon Roy, Quincy Jones, DeAndre Coleman all went, historic black churches as well as a NOI built mosque that Africans even go to.

This is beautiful. Thanks for the link to the film. Imma have to check out Yessler Terrace and research the Holly's. Looks like your family has deep roots in the city. Do you still live in Seattle?

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
This is beautiful. Thanks for the link to the film. Imma have to check out Yessler Terrace and research the Holly's. Looks like your family has deep roots in the city. Do you still live in Seattle?
Fasho my nikka. Yeah I still do. And I wouldn't say deep cause my parents are Ethiopian immigrants but I have hella family/community in Seattle. There's a lot of cultural exchange between EA's and AA's in Seattle cause we been growing up with each other since the 80's. Also check the jazz history in 1950-60's Seattle, and how the Black Panther Party's Seattle Chapter used the Central District as their base in the city as well as how organic Seattle gangs grew from that in the same fashion as Bloods & Crips in LA.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
southeast daygo
Yep, there you go. I've done my research on Southeast SD. Skyline, Lincoln Park, MLK Frwy. I wanna do more research on Black history in Southeast San Diego. Lots of nice neighborhoods and grimey neighborhoods down that way, from what I've seen on the Internet. Cholla Heights, Broadway Heighs, etc. It seems to be a mixed bag.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Fasho my nikka. Yeah I still do. And I wouldn't say deep cause my parents are Ethiopian immigrants but I have hella family/community in Seattle. There's a lot of cultural exchange between EA's and AA's in Seattle cause we been growing up with each other since the 80's. Also check the jazz history in 1950-60's Seattle, and how the Black Panther Party's Seattle Chapter used the Central District as their base in the city as well as how organic Seattle gangs grew from that in the same fashion as Bloods & Crips in LA.
I had no idea San Diego had their own organic street gangs prior to the arrival of Cali gangs..

And they also sprung up from the fracturing of the BP Party? Had no idea. Imma look up some of these homegrown SEA Gangs. It's interesting how under the same circumstances, the same problems can spring up in the different cities. That BP Fallout was real. COINTELPRO did a number on the Black community.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
southeast daygo
Look at all this Black excellence from Southeast San Diego. Athletes and Rappers/Musicians:

Musical and performance artists[edit]
  • Nick Cannon, rapper, actor, comedian (Grant Hill and Lincoln Park)[47][48]
  • Andra Day, singer (Valencia Park and San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts)[49]
  • Jayo Felony, rapper (Chollas View, Gompers Secondary High School)
  • Lecrae, rapper (Skyline Hills)[50]
  • Ananda Lewis, model, television personality (San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts)
  • Faizon Love, actor (Emerald Hills)
  • Mitchy Slick, rapper (Lincoln Park, Lincoln High School)
  • Tiny Doo, rapper (Lincoln Park)
Had no idea half of these folks were from SD. Had no idea Ananda Lewis sexy self was from SD. Crazy how many Black celebrities have come out of that portion of SD.

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
Look at all this Black excellence from Southeast San Diego. Athletes and Rappers/Musicians:

Musical and performance artists[edit]
  • Nick Cannon, rapper, actor, comedian (Grant Hill and Lincoln Park)[47][48]
  • Andra Day, singer (Valencia Park and San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts)[49]
  • Jayo Felony, rapper (Chollas View, Gompers Secondary High School)
  • Lecrae, rapper (Skyline Hills)[50]
  • Ananda Lewis, model, television personality (San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts)
  • Faizon Love, actor (Emerald Hills)
  • Mitchy Slick, rapper (Lincoln Park, Lincoln High School)
  • Tiny Doo, rapper (Lincoln Park)
Had no idea half of these folks were from SD. Had no idea Ananda Lewis sexy self was from SD. Crazy how many Black celebrities have come out of that portion of SD.
oh yea breh im already knwoing
we got some great athletes down here specifically in football
shyt i did a lil something in high school at running back and slot receiver (got in trouble tho)
but yea and as far as music goes we still tryna get our respect and visibility in the rap game

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Racine is def ghetto as hell, Milwaukee, and Kenosha are right by it. I played against Melvin Gordon and Trae Waynes (starting cb for the Vikings) in HS. They went to the same HS and were in the same grade

Milwaukee is segregated as hell, it's like a smaller version of Chicago(they have a lowkey "rivalry" with the Chi, they kinda beef with Madison nikkas too). Got the same gangs and shyt, i'd put Milwaukee hoods against the roughest hoods in the country easily. :dame: the only city to hoe Tupac :damn:

Kenosha is def in alot better shape than the other two, mostly cac Italians but a decent black population too. more middle and upper class
I want more info on this