Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Naw combat is more souls like than anything, just easier and more flashy.

Remember those action games were combo based. In order to get dante to do a 50 hit combo you had to do a 50 hit combo on the sticks.

This is more like a souls game where you are doing a lot of dodging and evading waiting for a chance to jump in and get a couple hits in. Dude does most of the combos/moves on his own with a simple button press instead of the elaborate string of button pressed you would need in those classic action games.
Outside of devil may cry, those games weren't really combo heavy. And I don't consider this to be like that or Bayonetta style action games

The rest had combos but it was mainly mixing light and heavy attack type shyt. Whereas DMC and Bayonetta are basically full 3D fighting games with how extensive their move lists are. So it wasn't any 50+ combos going on outside of them :russ:

Whereas a game like Ninja gaiden was all about precise dodges and learning to fight a variety of enemy movesets

Plus, you could get by with button mashing more often with games like old school God of war

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Outside of devil may cry, those games weren't really combo heavy. And I don't consider this to be like that or Bayonetta style action games

The rest had combos but it was mainly mixing light and heavy attack type shyt. Whereas DMC and Bayonetta are basically full 3D fighting games with how extensive their move lists are. So it wasn't any 50+ combos going on outside of them :russ:

Whereas a game like Ninja gaiden was all about precise dodges and learning to fight a variety of enemy movesets

Plus, you could get by with button mashing more often with games like old school God of war
Ninja gaiden and GOW required combo inputs too.

Like Flexington said above, this game is more about managing your various meters, powers, etc and picking your spots.

Those games were straight up action

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
After playing this for a bit, it's now become funny how we all were struggling with Wandering Wight because it has become apparent that we were never supposed to actually fight him in the beginning.

The developers clearly wanted us to bypass him in cicada mode and make it to the gates of Lingxuzi and backtrack to that area. It's why the old man says that we're not strong enough to face Lingxuzi yet. That warning was supposed to make us go back and fight Gaungzhi first, then that transformation makes us strong enough to beat Wandering Wright, THEN we'll be strong enough to fight Lingxuzi. However since the stage is so open to us, we're able to go against the developer's most intended path.

You're probably right.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Ninja gaiden and GOW required combo inputs too.

Like Flexington said above, this game is more about managing your various meters, powers, etc and picking your spots.

Those games were straight up action
No they didn't, especially GOW. Most action games you just spam the longest string or special attack

DMC3+ and God Hand are the only action games I've played where combos are "required". You can feel you're playing the game wrong if you don't combo

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No they didn't, especially GOW. Most action games you just spam the longest string or special attack

DMC3+ and God Hand are the only action games I've played where combos are "required". You can feel you're playing the game wrong if you don't combo
Those games literally have combo guides in their menus. New weapons with new combos. Upgrade the weapons to unlock more combos, etc. Wukong ain’t really like that

On the easier difficulties you could get by mashing the simple xxx combo, but harder difficulties you definitely needed to learn some combos cause the most powerful moves were usually the combo enders.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
How is this game performance-wise on PS5 ? Still undecided if I should buy it for PC or console.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Bro, the console war shyt is over with, look around
I look around and iee see the console war continues, this multiplatform game got a paid delay according to insiders. Sony fans then because of that ignore all the things that they don't ignore if it's not on PlayStation

What was wrong with hellblade 2 again?
Redfall
Halo
Even Gamepass itself

But this game can have bugs galore, frame rates horrid, resolution trash, downgraded graphics and those same people GO SILENT? :dahell:

So I get it, it's like Trump taking shots all day long and then when somebody takes a shot at him it's a problem. I'm sure it's a great looking and playing game on high end PCs, but on PlayStation it's a totally different experience :umad:
But why take my word, how about you let your eyes tell you...

:francis:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Those games literally have combo guides in their menus. New weapons with new combos. Upgrade the weapons to unlock more combos, etc. Wukong ain’t really like that

On the easier difficulties you could get by mashing the simple xxx combo, but harder difficulties you definitely needed to learn some combos cause the most powerful moves were usually the combo enders.
I'm not arguing for Wukong. I don't get why everyone lately is acting like combos are the core of action games when only a handful of them have real combo potential.

Playing on the hardest difficulty in those games is all about cheesing. Even in DMC, you don't waste time on combos like that because they get super armor after a couple seconds.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not arguing for Wukong. I don't get why everyone lately is acting like combos are the core of action games when only a handful of them have real combo potential.

Playing on the hardest difficulty in those games is all about cheesing. Even in DMC, you don't waste time on combos like that because they get super armor after a couple seconds.
you talking some whole other stuff breh.

I was just talking about the difference in wukong compared to those games :hubie:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I look around and iee see the console war continues, this multiplatform game got a paid delay according to insiders. Sony fans then because of that ignore all the things that they don't ignore if it's not on PlayStation

What was wrong with hellblade 2 again?
Redfall
Halo
Even Gamepass itself

But this game can have bugs galore, frame rates horrid, resolution trash, downgraded graphics and those same people GO SILENT? :dahell:

So I get it, it's like Trump taking shots all day long and then when somebody takes a shot at him it's a problem. I'm sure it's a great looking and playing game on high end PCs, but on PlayStation it's a totally different experience :umad:
But why take my word, how about you let your eyes tell you...

:francis:

There are a number of folks here actually playing the game on PS5. You're in here exaggerating because you feel some type of way about a popular game that isn't available on xbox.

Aren't you the "give it a try before you criticize guy"

Why don't you shyt on the "bugs are expected in bethesda games" Starfield guys?

Redfall tho?

:mjlol: