Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Finally got him, that fakkit wasnt shyt

I just hit the freeze skill right away, used the posion snake spirit, then transformed to the fire guy, managed to chip his first level

Then for the second half, hella dodging, freezing and then once the transformation charged up used that again

I'ma try again in da morning.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I appreciate you are all in the honeymoon phase with this game but it would be great to get some actual feedback for those of us on the fence. How far have some of you got? Reviews report technical issues in later chapters is that the case?

Also is there a sub option to leave on the original audio as opposed to a dub? Is it true the game is full of invisible walls? Can anyone detail the overall length of the chapters as a lot more people are now confirming that the 15hr playtime is legit.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
After playing this for a bit, it's now become funny how we all were struggling with Wandering Wight because it has become apparent that we were never supposed to actually fight him in the beginning.

The developers clearly wanted us to bypass him in cicada mode and make it to the gates of Lingxuzi and backtrack to that area. It's why the old man says that we're not strong enough to face Lingxuzi yet. That warning was supposed to make us go back and fight Gaungzhi first, then that transformation makes us strong enough to beat Wandering Wright, THEN we'll be strong enough to fight Lingxuzi. However since the stage is so open to us, we're able to go against the developer's most intended path.

He's 100% on point about "Composure" talent, where dodge doesn't interrupt your combos - but his video is spoiler heavy in my opinion. His tips are fairly decent but he could have gave most of them with out spoiling so many fights.
Given the sheer amount of boss fights in this game, he's not spoiling much. It would be different if this was a highly known IP like Batman where we want the bosses to be surprises because we know Batman's rouge's gallery.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Fukk it. I caved :mjgrin:

Got my first hour down. Just beat guangmou and I'm loving it :wow:

Low-key scratching my otogi itch. Even mega man a little bit with the mechanic of turning into defeated bosses

So I gotta give Game Science their due. I had my reservations, but they've made quite an impression :ehh:

Finally, the monkey king game ive always wanted :banderas:

My otogi breh :salute:

Definitely gives me some of that feeling, especially since some levels in Otogi were JUST the boss fight with a demon. Now that i think about it, there’s a magic bar and the beads for power attacks almost look like the health beads in otogi, we just missing the air combos & ability to smack folks 50 yards away/through objects with a heavy :pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Feels more like a modern take on 2000's action games to me

Some souls influenced sprinkled in of course, but reminds me more of classic god of war, ninja gaiden black, or otogi. It's faster paced than souls games and the lack of a substantial penalty for death completely cha ges the feel of the game. Which makes sense considering the source material. Character action game just fits considering all the crazy shyt Wukong can do. Like Dante x100
Naw combat is more souls like than anything, just easier and more flashy.

Remember those action games were combo based. In order to get dante to do a 50 hit combo you had to do a 50 hit combo on the sticks.

This is more like a souls game where you are doing a lot of dodging and evading waiting for a chance to jump in and get a couple hits in. Dude does most of the combos/moves on his own with a simple button press instead of the elaborate string of button pressed you would need in those classic action games.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Naw combat is more souls like than anything, just easier and more flashy.

Remember those action games were combo based. In order to get dante to do a 50 hit combo you had to do a 50 hit combo on the sticks.

This is more like a souls game where you are doing a lot of dodging and evading waiting for a chance to jump in and get a couple hits in. Dude does most of the combos/moves on his own with a simple button press instead of the elaborate string of button pressed you would need in those classic action games.

That's true! I came in thinking this was going to be like that, and inherently tried delaying my strikes to see if I got different combos :ehh: (but nope lol)

This is a lot more of a "resource management" game where you benefit from waiting for your windows to strike & knowing how to manage your stamina/mana properly for offense/defense, more so than knowing combos and having to do precise inputs for combo strings and evasion moves.

If it didn't have stamina and we could dodge cancel easier it would be more like those action games and get less of a souls comparison.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just got to chapter 3 last night/this morning. The 2nd chapter end boss doing his Rashid V-trigger damn near tilted me, but I finally got his ass.

Game is the truth. I got over 20 hours into the game according to playstation stats. There's some technical issues, but unless you're extremely sensitive to it, it only keeps the game from being perfect, rather than ruining the game altogether. And at best, the game is only souls-lite due to the stamina bar, but it plays a lot more more aggressive than those games and I'm all for that, plus no severe death penalty.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So I found a little information about the story...outside of the God's leveling his mountain the main reason Wukong has beef with those God's he was fighting in the sky is because they tricked him into thinking he had a high ranking position when in all actuality he was really just a horse watcher and the God's would laugh behind his back and make fun of him :laff: so when Wukong found out he was really just a horse watcher he vowed revenge on all of them for tryna play him :laff:
Awww hell no😂😂😂😂😂

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Where yall buy this from?
The fukk?:mjtf: Same place you normally would buy a game from. Mostly bought online through digital storefronts (psn, steam, etc.). You can buy it anywhere else that sells games. shyt isn't some weird game that you have to have imported or something.