Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Eh, you don't know how many people are in that camp and who's there so that may not be entirely true. Only the woman was family as far as I know, the other two just tried to help. And what's so absurd about it? People do "stupid" stuff for emotional reasons every day, it's no different than donating a part of your body to somebody you care about.

No one on that episode looked like they had any hope of surviving for many more years anyway.

agreed that people do stuff for motional reasons, no doubt, but at the cost of a losing the final moments of a dying child and pocket terminators seemingly roaming the countryside, there has to have been an alternative. this wasnt medicine, an organ or some sort of machine that could have healed the child, but a teddy bear. that 3 people failed to retrieve. theres being emotional. and theres being outright stupid

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's not the best season, but y'all were really digging season 2 like that?

That prison episode was PIFF but Waldo and the clone episode were just ok to me.

Season 3
Season 1
Christmas special
Season 4
Season 2

I liked "Waldo" more than most, but so far "Be Right Back" was the only episode of Black Mirror that actually bored me. My least favorite episode. (Still have 2 episodes to go in Season 4).

I agree about White Bear, that might possibly be the best episode of all.

e001

Superstar
Daps
agreed that people do stuff for motional reasons, no doubt, but at the cost of a losing the final moments of a dying child and pocket terminators seemingly roaming the countryside, there has to have been an alternative. this wasnt medicine, an organ or some sort of machine that could have healed the child, but a teddy bear. that 3 people failed to retrieve. theres being emotional. and theres being outright stupid

Maybe there wasn't? That's probably the point of the episode, they were all hopeless and in misery, there wasn't much to live for anymore. Don't expect people to be rational when it comes to lives they are responsible for, I'm no parent but I'm sure most wound't think twice in that situation too. She said in the end of the episode that he wanted a replacement and that she promised she would try to find it because it was very important to him. The guy in the backseat of the car didn't want to go inside the warehouse because he also thought it was dumb and wouldn't help the kid live longer, but she said they promised her sister that they would all help the kid. It was clearly an emotional decision so I'm pretty sure they knew it was dumb and risky.

I also think they are trying to show a contrast between people's humanity being taken away from them, and machines but I don't really know how to explain. If you paid attention, this is the only episode where humans don't use any futuristic technology at all, but instead they are risking their lives for something that only a human would care about.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
btw, I gotta :cape: the chick in the "black museum" episode. I'm not talking about letitia wright who was in top boy. but this chick here:

Yasha Jackson - IMDb

MV5BNjQ3NzEzNjAtNTA5Yy00N2I3LTliNzEtMWMwNGQ2Nzg3MmNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNGY5OGMyMWItY2JmNS00ZjE4LTgwZGMtOWQ3ZDBiNmU3YjA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZTViN2UyNTEtOTBjMy00MDA3LWI5MTUtNjQ3ZDQwODZkNmE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
I thought Hang the Dh was good although the ending felt kind of rushed especially with how she figured the system out in one sentence.

Also like the USS Calister but mostly because the actors were all really good. The blonde douche boss is always good in any role he does. He plays douche well. I like the British lady and how she delivers her lines.

All the other episodes can go to hell.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
The only thing I liked about Crocodile is the background shots like the one in the beginning. It reminds me that this could be earth in the future. The earth we have now was the same as earth 1000 years ago. It really humbles you.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Eh, you don't know how many people are in that camp and who's there so that may not be entirely true. Only the woman was family as far as I know, the other two just tried to help. And what's so absurd about it? People do "stupid" stuff for emotional reasons every day, it's no different than donating a part of your body to somebody you care about.

No one on that episode looked like they had any hope of surviving for many more years anyway, the pigs were dead so probably not much food available, they couldn't leave their place safely, it was bad.

Did you just equate doing something STUPID to donating an organ???