Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
On the final Ep Black Museum right now.....

Kinda interesting that critics aint feeling this one..... called "Black Museum" with a black girl as the lead:mjpls:

Martha

Woulda got raving reviews if black girl ended up with a cac love interest or explored her lesbian/feminist desires :sas2:

Woulda got an emmy nod too :sas1:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Just finished. Seemed like a weaker season but definitely not a trash season. I liked how every episode seemed like precursors tech and story-wise to previous episodes.

1 USS Callister - wasn't blown away. I found it totally unbelievable that ole girl would go thru all that trouble with no real guarantee those nudes wouldn't get released anyway.

2 Arkangel - took the crown for woat episode this season. Overbearing parents have been ruining kids lives since forever, without high tech tracking systems :mjlol: ......so you add an ipad to the mix and i'm suppose to be astounded? Nah. Premise was lame to me and she really wasn't being that bad of a parent. The only thing she did wrong was she didn't sit down with the daughter and let her know she was back watching her and was disturbed by what she had seen her do. Basically ole girl ran away because moms overreaction but more so lack of communication.

3 Crocodile - this one only redeems itself only if you enjoyed the payoff in the last 5 minutes...which i did. About 2/3 thru it you can kinda predict where it's going to end up but i personally thought she was either not going to see the baby and that was going to be her undoing or she wouldn't have the heart and it would be her undoing because she left him alive. When it's reveal what she did it was definitely a :picard: moment....when they show the guinea pig it was definitely a :krs: moment.

4 Hang the DJ - definitely this years San Junipero episode...but not nearly as good. Could see they was going to end up together from the jump and how that played out didn't wow me.

5 Metalhead - this was close 2nd for woat episode. You telling me yall know these things are out there and yall doing suicide runs for teddy bears?!?! It's not even like these things are that damn dangerous but i guess they would be deadly with NO ARMOR, SHIELDS, OR WEAPONS?!?! WTF! Shiddd get some grenade launchers, rocket launchers, put landmines down...i'd have blown all them muthfawkas up.

6 Black Museum - best in show for me. Agree with the comparison to Tales from the Darkside/Crypt...three stories for the price of one. I laughed at the breh thinking that was a good idea to ever have his pawg up in his psyche, if it's one thing i know about white women, they will complain and nag you all the way to death. :mjlol: I was crying when his new blk gf was putting her foot down, having words with the monkey... I think i'mma start going around saying "Monkey loves you" for yes and "Monkey needs a hug" for no. :denzel: Was initially getting heated with the brother in jail like that but the payoff was the best yet. :banderas:

All in all i hope next season is better and doesn't wait over a year to be released.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
It's not the best season, but y'all were really digging season 2 like that?

That prison episode was PIFF but Waldo and the clone episode were just ok to me.

Season 3
Season 1
Christmas special
Season 4
Season 2

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
If that facility for white bear still exists, then her ass is definitely going there.

Honestly metalhead is one of the stories that could use some sort of prologue. The risk is far too fukking high for the intended reward, which made me feel bitter about the whole thing, and we have no idea why the dogs exist or their purpose. Its like the terminator, without finding out it's from the future, or that it intends to kill Sarah Connor to fukk up the future for the humans, just a t-800 running around fukking up humans

maybe the Teddy Bears have the human consciousnesses in them that were outlawed in the monkey dolls. They might have made more animal dolls for that and these had a consciousnesses in them that those 3 specifically wanted. If one could be talked to to find the answer for these Terminator dogs, then you can understand why 1 would risk it all to get those dolls.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm late as fukk, just started season 4. Watched "USS Callister"....was interesting. Wasn't completely sold on it but I'll give them props for even thinking the story up.

Fred.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Apparently it's another one of those scenarios in which robots have taken over and are now dispatching the weak, fleshy humans (though is this global, merely regional? It isn't explained). It's supposed to be playing off of drones (a scene was actually cut of them being remotely operated by someone), and the particular design is based on something that actually exists in the here and now, as someone posted a few pages back. Things have gotten so bleak, that her and the others risked their lives for a toy to put a smile on a kid's face, a momentary distraction from their existence of trying to survive against the "dogs." But as you say, we have no idea how the current situation came to be. Were they originally security guard dogs and branched out (technology gone out of control and evolved past their original purpose), what?

the thing about it is that the risk isnt worth the reward. the kid is now without 3 people that were im assuming considered family because of a teddy bear. what do you tell that child when he gets older about what happened to them? they went to get you a teddy bear and tragically died in process? if the world is so fukked that the seemingly well off are shotgunning themselves to get out of it, then it would be best to make with what you have, rather than risking you loved ones for trinkets.

maybe the Teddy Bears have the human consciousnesses in them that were outlawed in the monkey dolls. They might have made more animal dolls for that and these had a consciousnesses in them that those 3 specifically wanted. If one could be talked to to find the answer for these Terminator dogs, then you can understand why 1 would risk it all to get those dolls.

naw, i doubt there were that many monkeys made. they were just teddie bears that 3 people will willing to waste their lives for. she even had to coerce one of them with the possibility of finding batteries. im finding it hard to believe there wasnt a seamster/seamstress among their group that couldnt have made a bear.

e001

Superstar
Daps
the thing about it is that the risk isnt worth the reward. the kid is now without 3 people that were im assuming considered family because of a teddy bear. what do you tell that child when he gets older about what happened to them? they went to get you a teddy bear and tragically died in process? if the world is so fukked that the seemingly well off are shotgunning themselves to get out of it, then it would be best to make with what you have, rather than risking you loved ones for trinkets.

The kid was dying

e001

Superstar
Daps
and now in his final moments hes without family. doesnt really change the narrative

Eh, you don't know how many people are in that camp and who's there so that may not be entirely true. Only the woman was family as far as I know, the other two just tried to help. And what's so absurd about it? People do "stupid" stuff for emotional reasons every day, it's no different than donating a part of your body to somebody you care about.

No one on that episode looked like they had any hope of surviving for many more years anyway, the pigs were dead so probably not much food available, they couldn't leave their place safely, it was bad.

Last edited: