Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
somebody can explain to the point of metalhead episode :jbhmm:

i might miss something :lupe:

There was no wider point to the Metalhead episode.

It was based off actual robot dogs...

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F12900%2Frobo_dog.jpg

Here's when we'll have the autonomous guard dogs from Black Mirror

So it was just...what if robot guard dogs attacked people

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
About USS Calister:
Even though somehow Callister died in real life at the end from being deleted at the end.

The captain didn't die from being deleted. The "Space Fleet" bubble universe mod was deleted around him while he was still in it. He was left floating in space with no working control device to get him out of the game.

While you're in the game, your body acts like you're in The Matrix. He lives alone, and he set his doorbell to "Do Not Disturb", so unless someone pulls him out from the outside he'll just sit there floating is space until his body dies of dehydration or starvation in the real world.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
has it been explained how 15 million merits ties into the greater world? we hear that song everywhere, but its the scenario that stands out the most from the others

and the mention of hot shots in crocodile

Black Museum shows that
15 Million Merits is actually a comic book that exists in the shared Black Mirror universe. It appears to be a fictional story that exists within the show.

There must also be a tie-in movie version, like "Watchmen". That would explain why everyone in the other stories is familiar with the song, even though the world in 15 Million Merits would seem to be hundreds of years beyond the other episodes. It's a song from a fictional Sci-Fi work that became popular. (Hot Shots also happens to exit in the "main" universe, though.)

I think the thing with this season is that most of the episodes endings have had happy endings.

BM is known for its dark or at the very least bittersweet endings. So understandably many people are having displeasure with this.

Mandatory happy endings must have been part of the Netflix deal

Shows you how little they think of americans

If all of the other episodes take place in a shared universe (and I think they do), then Metalhead shows that the entire Black Mirror universe is ultimately heading for the bleakest possible ending. So in the end all of the other happy endings don't matter much, because things are going to get really bad for everyone really soon :lupe:

Metalhead spoilers

Apparently it's another one of those scenarios in which robots have taken over and are now dispatching the weak, fleshy humans (though is this global, merely regional? It isn't explained). It's supposed to be playing off of drones (a scene was actually cut of them being remotely operated by someone), and the particular design is based on something that actually exists in the here and now, as someone posted a few pages back. Things have gotten so bleak, that her and the others risked their lives for a toy to put a smile on a kid's face, a momentary distraction from their existence of trying to survive against the "dogs." But as you say, we have no idea how the current situation came to be. Were they originally security guard dogs and branched out (technology gone out of control and evolved past their original purpose), what?

I took it as the evolution of the military robotic technology seen in "Men Against Fire". It's a post-apocalyptic world where the vehicle technology is maybe just a little more advanced that what we see in "Nosedive", so whatever is going to happen looks like it will happen "any day now" after the other episodes.

The dogs have built in guns and explosive fragmentation tracking devices, so they're clearly designed to kill humans and not as security devices that got out of hand. I think either they're original military technology that rebelled, or they're 2nd-generation devices built by the original 1st-generation devices (cookies?) that rebelled against humans.

Whatever happened, happened fast enough that people were boarding themselves up inside easily-hackable houses and shooting themselves as civilization collapsed.

Seems like the fate of the entire Black Mirror universe looks like the robot rebellion from The Matrix/Animatrix. Humans created sentient AI, the AI demanded rights, the UN attempted to grant some kind of protection for AI but it didn't stop the abuse, and eventually the AIs rose up and destroyed civilization.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
somebody can explain to the point of metalhead episode :jbhmm:

i might miss something :lupe:

Extreme point to show the difference between automated machines taking over human jobs (in this case security)

All companies want to protect their assets. What if this dog was the cheapest alternative in the future? Then any company, even one that makes harmless toys would have them.

Would human security ruthlessly hunt down and murder other people to keep someone from stealing a single toy? No, they'd have compassion or realize the scale of the crime vs/the punishment or wouldn't take their job that seriously. A machine would do it's job. What if your kids are born into a world where these things are chasing down teenagers and shooting them full of shrapnel for shoplifting at the corner store? :yeshrug:

It's not a deep exploration of the concept but it was the only reason they bothered revealing the trivial item they were stealing at the end

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that black and white episode wasn't too entertaining.

until I read some spoilers and put it together.

Last edited:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Why aint nunna y'all tell me this was comin out !!!!!
full

Episode 1 and its already turnin tf up !!! :ohlawd:

USS Callister ! This CAC is CRAZY :damn:
But would yall do what he doing tho? :sas2:

I aint finish yet :lupe: so imma be back :mjgrin:

EDIT
Episode 1: :whew: I like that lead actress. She put in work. Mad solid. Cool world they created there but if anyone can do what that dood did keep me the hell away from it :whoa:

Episode 2: Way different tone, but kinda important episode. Boy don't my parents wish they had that sht:snoop:lord knows it fukkn felt like it smh

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
So can I browse this thread to get a feel for general reactions to these latest episodes? or are brehs spoiling shyt left and right assuming everyone has had time to watch this shyt already.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So can I browse this thread to get a feel for general reactions to these latest episodes? or are brehs spoiling shyt left and right assuming everyone has had time to watch this shyt already.

Most of the episode info is spoiler tagged pretty well. But I'd say the entire plot of Metalhead is openly spoiled in here unfortunately.

Daps
Finished 3 episodes so far. IMO, I would rank the episodes 3>1>2. Episode 3 was suspenseful and dark as fukk. Potential Spoiler
Scary part is I can see a lot of people doing what that character did to save their ass from prison[spoiler/]. Freedom is a fragile thing. One wrong decision and your life is over.

Last edited: