Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Damage such as what?

I don't particularly like islam or religion to any degree and I understand the need to let women wear what they want...but the ban on the hijab could maybe be understood in context of what the french view as important. :manny:

They wouldn't dare ban whites or Christians from wearing crosses, or jews from wearing yarmulkes.....the whole " muslim women are oppressed because they're forced to wear hijabs/niqabs" is a westernized/anglicized bullshyt ass myth/half truth.

How you gonna tell muslim women they can't dress in a manner that's an outward proclamation of their religious beliefs?

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I see your point...but I was under the impression that the hijab ban was more something to do with french nationalism and the creeping influence of islam (which the US really underestimates) than it was white privilege.

That too.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Male privilege, Black men use Black women to do their bidding, march and protest when anything happens to Black men and boys but dead silent when black girls go missing black women are brutalized by the police. I remember a thread on here where an Adult WW beat up a little Black girl and the Black men on here said she probably deserved it. Again Black men only use Black women as mules to rally for their causes all the while telling black women her issues are irrelevant.

Black men want black women to be their mules, stepping tool all the while berating her and uplifting WW.

If anything you could argue that black men don't protect black women.
but that goes back to black men never really having the power to protect black women.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
That's true, honestly, you're right. That's why I ride for my nikkaz because patriarchy only works for white man. White women claim women get paid .75 cents to the mans dollar, but black, hispanic, and every other man of color gets paid even lower. It's sad. But at the same time, y'all have that male privilege. You can fukk around with no reprecussions, you're players, we express our sexuality and we're unwifeable hoes. It's not that fair if a woman walks around topless it's considered disgusting and lewd, but if a man does it, it's completely fine.

Nah, blacks and latinos are categorically stereotyped as sex crazed harlots/ philanderers one in the same.

For every stereotypical black/latin temptress... there is a latin lover/black womanizer.

there are plenty of double standards re: men vs. women.... WIC,Chivalry,Ladies Night,being overly emotional,violence....we could go back and forth about that shyt all night long.

black men are inherently feared, or/and expected to be gorilla dikk slanging,world class fighters/smooth talking super athletes..... it's not like we really have some type of advantage over black women...cause we don't

Daps
Reppin
St louis
never fall in love with a struggle that dont love you.
168x1mo.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
They wouldn't dare ban whites or Christians from wearing crosses, or jews from wearing yarmulkes.....the whole " muslim women are oppressed because they're forced to wear hijabs/niqabs" is a westernized/anglicized bullshyt ass myth/half truth.

How you gonna tell muslim women they can't dress in a manner that's an outward proclamation of their religious beliefs?

Umm what
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3619988.stm

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:mjpls: PEEP GAME THO......This Hairhat tried to sneak this one in there....She wants ppl to see her wearing stringy red hair is normal like White women who

fukk is u tahlmbout nicca? :damn:

Ain't you part of the men's rights advocate movement? I always thought you were even back on SOHH

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You are black before you're a woman white people aren't gonna go easier on you because you're a woman. A nikka is a nikka no matter what's in their pants.
C/s, the issues I've dealt with were based on my color, my blackness always comes before me womanhood. When I'm in bumble fukk no where surrounded by all white faces, I don't feel out of place as a woman, but I sure as fukk feel isolated as an AA. When friends and I got kicked out of a store as teens, it was because we were black not because we were women. When friends and I were told what we could and could not do during recess, it was because we were black, as the white group of girls were free to do whatever. I will forever be black before I'm a woman. Yes, there is sexism and a patriarchy in this country, but as a black woman, I have two battles to fight and the first is simply being misunderstood as a black person

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I've been following this "schism" on and off for some time. shyt goes real deep. The BLOGS WARS that have been fought by WOC and White Feminist are very interesting.

Here's a tumblr I recently started following : http://angrywomenofcolorunited.tumblr.com/

While I tend to have my doubts about non-traditional gender roles...Black Womanist are mostly on point.

White feminist on the other hand are just conservative cacs for the most part. Megyn Kelly of fox news is a good example of what you see a lot of in white feminist circles. She'll push forward with conservative ideals on every topic, but fukk with her maternity leave, and all of a sudden she is the voice of the oppressed.

i4Fdun6.jpg

^ As long as our culture still produces shyt like this, I will never, ever, ever take white feminist seriously. They're just whining. They want to have the same power as WHITE MEN, and once they have it (And they are getting it, mind you, slowly but surely white women are making a come up), they'll be just as bad as male cacs. (And on a side note....I feel the same way about Gay rights, but that's a different topic altogether).

Edit : Let me just add, I'm not failing to acknowledge that "Women of Color" is also extremely problematic....Black Women face the biggest issues, period. Just as our race as a whole does. Eva Mendez is benefiting from Euro standards of beauty just as much as Scarlett Johanson is.

Still, I think that WOC "uniting" to rip apart Cac-Controlled feminist institutions is still better than the status quo.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
They can identify me as how they want..when I think of myself is how I view me.

And you have the right to hold that opinion. The reality of the situation is as African people in this country, we're not in a position of power, so how the dominant society views us determines the bullshyt we have to deal with on a regular basis. You can believe how you view yourself is all that matters, but when you're on a job interview, in front of a cop, in front of a judge, or even in front of a loan officer, they'll see you as a black long before they you as a woman.

I've told a Black dude this before and he spent 20 minutes trying to convince me I was Black before a woman and then I asked him would he rather deal with sexism (rape, harrassment) than racism (racial profiling) and of course he picked racism then fell back.

Racism is way deeper than just racial profiling. Racism deals with the system of oppression that's over you. I may not have to deal with sexual harassment, but I do have to deal with being killed by police and civilians for being a black male.

I'm not going to try to convince you that your racial identity comes first. All I'll ask you to do is research the treatment of white women in this country vs. the treatment of black women in this country and let me know if your gender is what was used to keep you in a subjugated position.

You did make sense when you talked about the Don Imus situation though. At the end of the day, I stand with my sistas because they are the only ones who know how it is to be so ill protected and disrespected by the leaders (men?) of your community
. :usure:

Placing blame on the entire group for the actions of a few will not solve the problem. I can be like the dudes on this site and blame black women for everything under the sun, as well as quote a bunch of statistics to really c00n it up :mjpls: . But the reality is, our biggest enemy is not each other. Even with the amount of c00ns on this site, your biggest problem stem from white supremacy and racism. If you look at all the negative statistics affecting black women in America, white supremacy is more than likely the root cause of it.

Not being organized and having a collective goal will never allow us to be in a position of power to demand a certain level of respect as black people. You can fight for womens rights all you want. But even if you acheive equality with black men, you'll still be viewed as a nikka to these cacs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Male privilege does not exist for black men in America just stop it.

A couple of cacs and c00n on the coli does not represent black male society in America.

And I can post several stories where black men and women stand up for inequality whether it be for men and women so again you need to stop it.

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/naacp-wants-the-firings-of-black-women-to-stop/

http://www.naacp.org/pages/defending-democracy
Black males do have male privilege, this is especially true in corporate America and male dominated fields. No you don't see tons of hedge funds or private equity partners being black men, but they're there, women are a rare minority but Asian and white women are there - black women? It ain't even a possibility in the more established funds. I won't underestimate the societal pressures y'all deal with, but when you get out of the financially disadvantaged portion of black society, black males have more mobility and simply an easier time being taken seriously in academia and the workplace.