Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I gotta admit...I love seeing black feminists ether you black booty worshipping nikkaz back into reality.

Whenever they engage in debates on their issues, you will get a taste of who they truly hate...and here's a hint...it ain't white men or women.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:what:nikka you posted a bunch of stats about income. Which is what I responded to. You tried to make it less specific when I asked you about your statements.

Give some specific examples of "black men" making a concerted effort to oppress women.

Eh, I already cited examples, but don't try and make this about "concerted efforts"- that's not how most of white supremacy works, and it's not how most gender inequality works, either. There are no conspiracies here, just power dynamics, which doesn't always require intentional suppression, and relies on all kinds of different behaviors.

Read this, for example: http://www.tolerance.org/article/sexism-civil-rights-movement-discussion-guide

And if you're interested specifically in income inequality, there are a whole host of issues to be tackled there- the absence of Black fathers, for example, and the fact that most Black families are headed by Black women who have to raise children and provide income on their own, which affects earning power.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
The issue goes far beyond loan approval ratings, since there's obviously much more to opening a business than that. Please don't drop such simplistic points. For example, most single-parent families in the Black community, which make up the majority of Black families, sadly, are headed by women, not men (if you're planning on just blaming women for the most single-parent households, let's just stop the argument here,) and it's not particularly easy to start a business at the same time as raising a child.

Can you prove this? Not that I think that's entirely incorrect. Regardless, my point pertains to who runs the Churches and their messaging.

Prove it.
Your whole post is deflection and answers nothing I replied with but okay.

To your first point, I already said that was wrong, but that's not oppression but more so poor judgment. If you want to start a business and that is a goal, and you know child birth impedes that on your current salary, why have a child/choose to keep it?

To your last 2 points, I will when I get to a computer. The latter should be fairly easy seeing that (a) black women outnumber black men and (b) due to the black male privilege of being arrested for even petty crimes, many of us are disenfranchised. Ill find the exact stats though.

And you can't complain about the leadership you choose to follow. Either make your own or shut up (in regards to the church)

SN: Notice that the things you all keep posting as proof happened over 40 years ago. We all admitted it was wrong so I don't get the point here, especially since its been moved passed socially.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
No, I didn't. I said that Black men are helping to maintain inequality, not specifically income inequality. You tried to make it more specific, but that ignores the larger picture. There are no goalposts to move, because the inequality exists in Black owned businesses (most of which are not owned by Black women) just like in white ones. As for general inequalities, you don't have to look further than the home, but there's also the Church, specific elements of the culture (messaging in music, for example,) etc.

If you're arguing that white people have more power in determining income inequality than Black men, that's one thing, but trying to erase any culpability in the Black community for gender inequality is absurd.

There are hardly many Black owned businesses now anyway, whether owned by male or female. I don't see how that can be blamed on black men.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
To your first point, I already said that was wrong, but that's not oppression but more so poor judgment. If you want to start a business and that is a goal, and you know child birth impedes that on your current salary, why have a child/choose to keep it?

So Black women just choose to have kids and it's their fault? Men don't contribute to women having children? That's a surprising argument. What about the men who don't take responsibility for the child that results from the pregnancy? It seems like you want to pretend they don't exist or excuse their behavior.

To your last 2 points, I will when I get to a computer. The latter should be fairly easy seeing that (a) black women outnumber black men and (b) due to the black male privilege of being arrested for even petty crimes, many of us are disenfranchised. Ill find the exact stats though.

And you can't complain about the leadership you choose to follow. Either make your own or shut up (in regards to the church)

I agree that Black men being arrested is a major problem with respect to Black families. I also agree that women should leave the church. Neither of those excuses men abandoning their families or the teachings of the Church, though. You want to emphasize parts of this issue at the expense of others. I'm looking at the whole thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Eh, I already cited examples, but don't try and make this about "concerted efforts"- that's not how most of white supremacy works, and it's not how most gender inequality works, either. There are no conspiracies here, just power dynamics, which doesn't always require intentional suppression, and relies on all kinds of different behaviors.

Read this, for example: http://www.tolerance.org/article/sexism-civil-rights-movement-discussion-guide
That is how white supremacy works. White people fight tooth and nail to maintain their privilege.

If you are gonna point a finger at "black men" for "maintaining" the inequality then you have to explain how "black men" are doing it.

And what you guys continue to ignore are the privileges that women get. Is it valid for me to say that black women are "maintaining" their privilege of not getting profiled beat down by police?

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That is how white supremacy works. White people fight tooth and nail to maintain their privilege.

If you are gonna point a finger at "black men" for "maintaining" the inequality then you have to explain how "black men" are doing it.

And what you guys continue to ignore are the privileges that women get. Is it valid for me to say that black women are "maintaining" their privilege of not to get profiled beat down by police?

Nah, that's not how white supremacy works. Most white people aren't consciously racist. That group is a minority. These are structural issues that involve everything from mechanical social behaviors to unconscious prejudices.

Did you see my link? It explains one very specific example of Black men maintaining power over women in a very conscious way.

Women not getting beat down would be a privilege only if they shared the same behavioral patterns as men (were out on the street as much, in the same places) so that's an invalid example. There are areas in which inequality favors women, though (prison sentencing, for example.) I'm not denying that. What I am denying is that those areas are significant enough to label the issue of Black male advantages irrelevant.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
So Black women just choose to have kids and it's their fault? Men don't contribute to women having children? That's a surprising argument. What about the men who don't take responsibility for the child that results from the pregnancy? It seems like you want to pretend they don't exist or excuse their behavior.

I agree that Black men being arrested is a major problem with respect to Black families. I also agree that women should leave the church. Neither of those excuses men abandoning their families or the teachings of the Church, though. You want to emphasize parts of this issue at the expense of others. I'm looking at the whole thing.
1. Didn't say that. No one should have kids until they have financially planned for them as I previously stated. You don't plan whatever goals you have, that's your fault, male or female. I feel bad that single moms are single moms. I don't feel bad about them not being good planners.

2. I'm not emphasizing anything nor making excuses. And you're just goal post shifting any time you're proven wrong.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, that's not how white supremacy works. Most white people aren't consciously racist. That group is a minority. These are structural issues that involve everything from mechanical social behaviors to unconscious prejudices.
I'm just gonna have to disagree on this one. EVERYDAY there is a new story about some law that would help minorities that white people are against. Without the resistance of a lot of white people racial inequality would no longer exist in this country.

Did you see my link? It explains one very specific example of Black men maintaining power over women in a very conscious way.
Your link is from 40 years ago. And it is in no way proof of "black men maintaining inequality"

It is proof that SOME men AND women followed what the bible told them to.

When you say "black men are maintaining inequality" you are telling me that I the average black man is guilty of this. So please tell me how the average black man is "maintaining the inequality"

Women not getting beat down would be a privilege only if they shared the same behavioral patterns as men (were out on the street as much, in the same places) so that's an invalid example.
Black men's behavior doesn't have much to do with being profiled. Women drive down the street just like men, but men get pulled over. Laws like stop and frisk, and the laws against pants sagging were created for the sole purpose of arresting black men. Is it a black woman's privilege to not have laws tailored to her behavior?

There are areas in which inequality favors women, though (prison sentencing, for example.) I'm not denying that. What I am denying is that those areas are significant enough to label the issue of Black male advantages irrelevant.
Do black male advantages make women's advantages irrelevant?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
No, I didn't. I said that Black men are helping to maintain inequality, not specifically income inequality. You tried to make it more specific, but that ignores the larger picture. There are no goalposts to move, because the inequality exists in Black owned businesses (most of which are not owned by Black women) just like in white ones. As for general inequalities, you don't have to look further than the home, but there's also the Church, specific elements of the culture (messaging in music, for example,) etc. And extend my Civil Rights example into the present, too. Most pro-Black organizations are male-dominated, and not simply for natural or accidental reasons.

If you're arguing that white people have more power in determining income inequality than Black men, that's one thing, but trying to erase any culpability in the Black community for gender inequality is absurd.

I'm going to need a link for that one the last census bureau survey that was done does not differentiate between men and women when it comes to African American owned businesses/

Last edited:

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
@dora_da_destroyer gave stats which were discussed @The Real gave stats which were openly discussed and countered. I gave stats. All you do is provide baseless arguments that have been debunked throughout this thread and then cry about being dismissed.

close20door-gif.25346

You haven't countered anything in fact all you have done is prove me right, as soon as we brought up our issues you run in here to talk about how all the issues we are discussing are the result of being jealous of the black mans dikk and how we are oversexed and unwanted, this is exactly what I talked about earlier in this thread. At the very least I can get my point across without using petty comments and racism comments against black men.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
You haven't countered anything in fact all you have done is prove me right, as soon as we brought up our issues you run in here to talk about black women all the issues were are discuessing are the result of being jealous of the black mans dikk and how we are unsexed and unwanted, this is exactly what I talked about earlier in this thread. At the very least I can get my point across without using petty comments and racism comments against black men.

I'm waiting on the tweeter movement going at white men, until then

close20door-gif.25346

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
I'm waiting on the tweeter movement going at white men, until then

close20door-gif.25346

Black women make their voices heard against white men on twitter daily black women are significant force behind black twitter hence this movement!

What You will never see on twitter though is Black women going on about a White man Wednesday movement, EVER why ? Because other black women and black men will check the hell out of them... call me when you call out your brothers hypocrisy . Never In my life would I stoop to that level, most black women would not! That was a serious wake up call for me.