At the beginning of mean streets
It happened to you too huh :ohhh:

tumblr_inline_moia2177ff1qz4rgp.gif

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm looking at some of these numbers and while it does show that across the board men make more but i'm not totally convinced men truly make more. Looking at what Peter vecsey posted he showed some stats showing that chidless 20-30 year old women actually make more than their male counterparts. It also showed that women are far more likely to work less hours/part time after they have children which would further explain why men seemingly get paid more. I dunno if your charts had a counter to that cause i only really skimmed thru a few of them.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
So, which one of you fine gents is going to take advantage of our newly discovered black privilege first? Whoever makes it through the night without ending up in jail or a bodybag wins. Extra points if you're able to get high paying middle management position based upon who your uncle knows.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
Nah, it's actually pretty simple, though I wouldn't necessarily use the word "privilege" to refer to an unequal power dynamic that still exists. Just look at this very thread. We have Black folks inadvertently but blatantly repeating white supremacist stereotypes about Black people and thinking it's ok as long as they're directed at Black women and not Black men- that's a perfect example. If you want a statistical breakdown of social indicators that suggest Black women are at a disadvantage when compared with Black men in various sectors of society, that info is out there, too. And then, outside the American context, there are very obvious examples, such as countries in Africa where the women have unequal rights because of religious law or what have you.

Just read this thread and read TLR in general. There's a large and well-known contingent of posters who love to repeat stereotypes and myths that white people invented for Black folks, and use them on women. Black women are divisive, angry, and delusional, if they have any problems it's their own fault, etc.

If you're talking about me, then use my name. And, if you're talking about me, then read my posts properly. If you want an example of an actual gendered gap between Black men and women, look at employment and wages:http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2012/10/04/gender-raceethnicity-and-the-pay-gap/

The adjusted wage gap between Black men and women is about 11%. In other words, when relevant factors are controlled Black men make about 11 cents to the dollar more than Black women for the same jobs, just like White men make more than Black men.

As for TLR, yes, it's full of idiots. Anywhere where a scorned, bitter misogynist like Reincar can be a mod has to be. Power dynamics can be evident at every level of society, even in interpersonal relationships, even online, so the idea that TLR couldn't be an example of such (when, ironically, the same posters talk about racism on the internet and accept that power dynamic as easily visible on websites) is nonsense.

A professor of Black Studies/Sociology talks about Black gender inequality more here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124320675

I'm a man, not a woman. I just take Black women's inequality seriously because I believe in Black solidarity and community, and because of people like the man in my avi.

No one said there was any exclusive privilege to being a Black male. That would be a ludicrous notion. Black men have less gendered advantages than white men, so there's no reason there would be some mysterious advantages to specifically Black maleness. It sounds to me like you reacted emotionally to the term "Black male privilege" instead of looking at what it actually meant, which is just male privilege as it applies within the Black community (though again, as I stated before, I don't necessarily rely on a term like privilege for a number of reasons.)

Ok, can you show me some of these posts which claim that there's some specifically Black male privilege that exists apart from the general advantages enjoyed by men over women? My understanding, from the link I posted, is that Black male privilege = male privilege in the Black community, nothing more.

:salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right.

You probably need to stop arguing with fools. It is pointless. I have come to the conclusion that most ninjas on this site simply lack the intelligence to debate topics like this one, which is why I'm out after this comment.

No amount of data, studies, and physical evidence is good enough for a group of people who simply lack intelligence. The educational gap is real. This thread, along with many others on this site, is proof.

I think you did a beautiful job presenting your case, but unfortunately, you're playing chess with folks who rode the short bus school.

Good day!

:obama: :mjpls:

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
breh These Chics Aint Feminist. They Using That Movement As A Way To Express Their Envy Of White Women, Display Their Hatred For Black Men And Justify Their Desire For White Men. This shyt Weeks Of Desperation At This Point.

Let Them

I just was listening to Tariq. Homie said something I didn't think about but should have reading Party's post. They hate they fact that we have a black dikk. They hate that everyone talks and thinks it but when it comes to them, their features are oversexed or undersold. I get it now but why? I think your body is the most amazing in the world and many brothers would agree. Why do you care about what white ppl think so much especially white men? @MurderSheWrote @PartyHeart other c00ns...

These post pretty much exemplify what we are talking about look the language that is use to dismiss very real issues concerning black women . Imagine Black women having the nerve to say Black men envy White men and are jealous of them just because they aspire to change their condition? We cant even have a civil discussion on here without Black men running in to remind black women how worthless they are.
:snooze: