10023014-large.jpg
Worlds-Largest-Afro-Hair.jpg
Aevin%20Dugas%20main.jpg

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
FYI, that woman in her avi is definitely black by anyone's standards, but it is funny that she picked one of the lightest pictures that woman has of the many across the internet.

What's also funny: Pretty sure a female in this thread mentioned being a Beyonce fan earlier. This is the same Beyonce who has been getting light and lighter over the years, who keeps her hair dyed blonde in weave, and who pretty much has her skin photoshopped to a lighter complexion in every photo she takes.

But it's only black men though. :mjpls:

I think the blame is being placed wrong.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
We do have a problem with it. We complain about it just as much as y'all. But when you want to repeat it every chance you get. You only contribute to the stereotype.

More generalizations. People claim biracial for a plethora of different reasons and "Black men" are not a single entity. I and a lot of the black men I know do have a problem with it. I rember when the kanye/jay-z video came out a lot of black men including myself criticized it for having white/mixed women in it. This is only one example, but please stop believing and promoting the stereotypes about black men and who we are attracted to.

:dwillhuh: so why do you keep making these sweeping statements about what "black men" do?
Are we not individuals?

Well this thread is getting repetitive and I will accept that its becoming bashing now on both sides, but the point I was trying to make in the beginning of the thread is that black women need to focus and empower themselves, and the main issue with BM is that they try to silence black women when we talk about anything regarding sexism or are in full support of patriarchy, Black men in here fully agree that BW are ignored when it comes to white feminist, BW also feel the same way when it comes to our issues in the black community.

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Well this thread is getting repetitive and I will accept that its becoming bashing now on both sides, but the point I was trying to make in the beginning of the thread is that black women need to focus and empower themselves, and the main issue with BM is that they try to silence black women when we talk about anything regarding sexism or are in full support of patriarchy, Black men in here fully agree that BW are ignored when it comes to white feminist, BW also feel the same way when it comes to our issues in the black community.

The black community is already matriarchal, so isn't this what you guys want?

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
The black community is already matriarchal, so isn't this what you guys want?

That is one of the biggest lies ever told, black women may run their single households but look at black leadership, black politics, black churches etc

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That is one of the biggest lies ever told, black women may run their single households but look at black leadership, black politics, black churches etc
Although men are usually in those rolls. They spend a lot of time supporting women with the power they do have. It's not a case of men holding y'all back from those positions, the truth is most women are interested in taking on other rolls.

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That is one of the biggest lies every told, black women may run their single households but look at black leadership, black politics, black churches etc

What black leadership? I hope you don't mean Farrakhan.

Out of the small number of black politicians Im sure their are some black females, and that is a system black males do not control

Black churches ARE ran buy black woman, who do you think is keeping them in business?

Its very hard to take you guys serious, its like your just reaching for straws. and I still don't get how black males are oppressing black females. What system do they have in place to keep these woman at bay, please explain this to me.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza

Yes, because in a system that was created by white men women, regardless of color, did not have the same standing in regards to men, regardless of color.

I get that black male privilege exist. I do not get why you and other black women are pretty much scapegoating white men here though by trying to bear down on black men when we are not the problem..

Black men can agree with you all all you want, however that will not change who makes the tv programming you claim to hate, but watch unanimously, it will not change the faces in advertising that you hate, but promote unanimously, it will not change what's done in music videos that you all beg to be in (I can't see why you all wanna images of filth and overt sexuality, but okay), won't change your political figures, etc.

Black men did not create this system, nor do we control it. Stop being so weak and attack what's really your problem.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black males do have male privilege, this is especially true in corporate America and male dominated fields. No you don't see tons of hedge funds or private equity partners being black men, but they're there, women are a rare minority but Asian and white women are there - black women? It ain't even a possibility in the more established funds. I won't underestimate the societal pressures y'all deal with, but when you get out of the financially disadvantaged portion of black society, black males have more mobility and simply an easier time being taken seriously in academia and the workplace.
Even if this is true I can promise you it is by a very slim margin.

If you are scared of dogs, naturally the gender of the dog will have an effect on how dangerous it is but when you are forced to deal with the stray dog...you'll shyt bricks if you are in front of a stray female dog. You'll shyt SLIGHTLY bigger bricks if you are in front of a stray male dog. Either way, you react pretty much the same.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Stop trying to make this an interracial dating debate, black women have clearly stated what they think about BM and WW trying to use us for their movements. I can appreciate the comments from BM on here stating that they do care about the overall well-being about black women, HOWEVER I don't agree with the assertion that emotional and psychological abuse of black women is limited to the net.

In large part black men support the erasure of black women:

Think about the fact black men have told the world the black womb is useless because he can have black children with any race hahaha also a lot of these so called Afrocentric pro black men are not even with black women! You guys can miss me with that mess !

Any type of medium Black men have they use it to replace Black women with biracial and non-black women look at their magazines, tv shows etc.

Anyways All I'm saying is Black women need to focus on themselves, and empower themselves and should stop hoping for any kind of loyalty from other groups we have to take people on a case by case basis. We have to love and celebrate ourselves and prevent BM WM WW and everyone else from silencing us. Black women have to stand up for black women because nobody else will!

I definitely agree with the bold.& I want to see a lot more of it.I come across a lot of black women who say that they feel that other black women are against each other.They need to support & uplift each other.Black women have a lot of potential for greatness.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I definitely agree with the bold.& I want to see a lot more of it.I come across a lot of black women who say that they feel that other black women are against each other.They need to support & uplift each other.Black women have a lot of potential for greatness.
Black women are not a separate group. They are at one with us, without them, we can't function and vice versa.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
All of your posts are full of fallacies, but I don't care enough to point them out. This thread is pure entertainment to me:laff:

breh go read that list of "privileges" if you haven't already and get ready to lean :deadrose:

Wait...Black men support the "erasure" of Black women? :huh:

Is @ebonykiss trolling?

lol man why do yall even bother engaging these birds? theres more than enough black women out there worth building with, let these "black feminists" cook.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
What black leadership? I hope you don't mean Farrakhan.

Out of the small number of black politicians Im sure their are some black females, and that is a system black males do not control

Black churches ARE ran buy black woman, who do you think is keeping them in business?

Its very hard to take you guys serious, its like your just reaching for straws. and I still don't get how black males are oppressing black females. What system do they have in place to keep these woman at bay, please explain this to me.

One minute it's black women are exceeding all stereotypes breaking down barriers, going to college and being an independent strong black woman:ehh:

And the next minute it's the big bad black man oppressing the black woman and holding her down :wtf:

Which one is it brehettes is it Oochie Wally or is it one Mic? :heh::leon: