Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
What about when Beanie Sigel lead a city wide search to find missing teen Latoiya Figueroa. He put up 100 stacks to help find her.

Even TS has assisted in helping missing Philly teens. My point is black men do care about black women

:mjpls:

when was this?

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I haven't gone through this entire thread but what are you BW trying to accomplish? Equal pay? Equal rights? You believe the WM is going to give you that (because he controls all, him and money)? Are you going to take it? If so, how? Do you even care about the Black family or is it all about the BW? Do you believe the WM will accept you (or are you even looking for that)? I'll tell you, you won't be accepted. Ever. You can be the smartest, pretties woman in the office but you'll always be a N*****, even to your loving boyfriend or husband.

I hate to say this, but in this world patriarchy is the name of the game. Black women need to choose whether they want to help Black men build a Black dominated patriarchy or continue to go with the flow and the status-quo (white male dominated patriarchy).

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
What about when Beanie Sigel lead a city wide search to find missing teen Latoiya Figueroa. He put up 100 stacks to help find her.

Even TS has assisted in helping missing Philly teens. My point is black men do care about black women

:mjpls:

I think the ones who shyt on black women really got problems or are playing the devil's advocate, or they got some hate cause no black girl gave him play cause he was ugly or something to that effect. Tupac and Nas did the same thing. Cause at the end of the day, black women been holdin it down in the home, raising y'all asses, respect is the bare minimum.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: at black women thinking they have it harder than black men. bytch, are you serious??

You're not black.

Ding Ding Ding. and MEN trying to tell us as WOMEN (when they haven't walked in our shoes) that our daily experiences with sexism is somehow less important than our experiences with racism is just insulting and transparently self serving.

And you're not black.

Both of you need to shut up. :birdman:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
They are privileges because these are issues that you don't have to even think about lest alone deal with. I know it will not be popular to say on this forum, but I actually have some genuine white friends. I would swear on the fact that they are not racist, however they would take the approach to get defensive and angry whenever I bring up racist issues because they are speaking from the standpoint that THEY are not like that, so how could I complain? But the fact of the matter is, the simple fact that they are white gives them privilege in society, whether they accept it or not. They simply will not be forced to look at most thngs they deal with in life through the lense of race, because their skin color gives them that privilege. The same can be said of males. And yes, Black males too. You are obviously not as privileged as a white male would be, hell not even as an Asian male would be, but from the standpoint of a Black woman, you most certainly are.

Keep in mind, the person who wrote that list is a Black man. I was recently proposed to by an amazing Black man. So I do not hate Black men. I am weary, because I am aware of so many that can give two shyts about how they hurt Black women (or any women), but I don't waste my time with hate. My fiance was once like many of you in this thread who couldn't fathom how he could ever be viewed as privileged, but all it took was some loving and some prodding from me to ask him to look into our history and what Black women uniquely go through, and he was/is right there with me. His eyes are opened, and the purpose of this dialogue could and should be to do the same for other Black men.

I am hoping that out of love Black men who actually do care about Black women like yourself, open your ears and hear what we are saying. Rather than feeling attacked, just listen. We are not attacking you, we are relaying our experience and the role you can play in lifting some burden off our shoulders. And sometimes that burden can be lifted as easily as just empathizing with us the way we do you (and doing it OPENLY and in every situation where Black women are being victimized) or, in an even greater albeit perhaps more difficult way, in checking your fellow brothers on how they treat Black women.

So it was a Black man that wrote that ridiculous list? lol I thought you lost your mind and typed that whole thing up.

Even if it was a man that wrote it, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the points were nonsense and only perpetuate self-victimization among women.

Last edited:

Schwarzkopf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually got it from that NBC special they did. But I will retract my statement bc you were right the Bureau of Labor and Statistics does have AA men at a weekly median earning of $653 while AA women are at %599, But it also says there are more AA women in the workforce than AA men. And when it comes to pursuing a higher Education our women are outpacing us at a ridiculous rate.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat37.htm

Educational Achievement
AA Women:
Bachelor’s degrees in 2008-2009 12103,142 (6.4% of those getting BA’s)
Master’s degrees in 2008-2009 1350,292 (7.7% of those getting MA’s)
Doctoral degrees in 2008-2009 142,950 (4.4% of those getting PhDs)

AA Men
53,473 (3.3% of those getting BA’s)
19,718 (3.0% of those getting MA’s)
1,484 (2.2% of those getting PhDs)

http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/african-american-women#footnote15_mne85cl
:ohhh:

dapped

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Come in here and drop that knowledge @No_bammer_weed

At first I thought the twitter meme was a bit misguided, but when I continued reading there were some really poignant messages that resonated, and I think exposed a conversation that has been long overdue between white feminists and people of color among other sub groups.

Taking the temperature of black folks, there is an undercurrent of resentment over white america's handling of the trayvon martin debacle that is very real and wont go away anytime soon. I dont want to be overly dramatic here, but I sense a re-awakening of sorts. Because life is fairly good for many in the black middle class and above, we've been rocked into this social and economic lullaby, and made to believe sht is sweet. Trayvon being shot and killed because of his race, with essentially white america gloating over his death and supporting his killer, was a cold slap in the face for even the densest of toms. You get this feeling that so many black folks are examining their place in this society, and who their friends truly are in a macro and broad sense

Im very interested to see where this convo leads.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I think the ones who shyt on black women really got problems or are playing the devil's advocate, or they got some hate cause no black girl gave him play cause he was ugly or something to that effect. Tupac and Nas did the same thing. Cause at the end of the day, black women been holdin it down in the home, raising y'all asses, respect is the bare minimum.

I give blck women all the praise in the world and have no problem acknowledging their contributions.

But it goes much deeper thn "black women have been raisin y'all asses" There are many other factorsas to why the Black man isn't in the home with the family. (But that's an entirely different discussion)

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I give blck women all the praise in the world and have no problem acknowledging their contributions.

But it goes much deeper thn "black women have been raisin y'all asses" There are many other factorsas to why the Black man isn't in the home with the family. (But that's an entirely different discussion)

I didn't address that for a reason, all I'm saying is, if we both strugglin and we both went through the same thing and a black woman carried you for 9 months and raised you she deserves some form of respect.