Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Sad to hear. I would hop things are better now. She does not get the fact the the ghetto is not just some place on Grand theft auto, you dont get the restart the game. People have died and people have gone to jail. The hood is very negative for our community.

I just don't think that shyt's cute, don't nobody living in the projects wanna live there.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stick up for black women and then be told you don't stick up for black women brehs. :dead:

Y'all better be glad I'm not a troll, otherwise I'd bring a fierce turn heel right now :wow:

Black women have a monopoly on oppression. Congrats on the achievement. Your medal is in the mail and you get to be all mad and oppressed on your lonesome. Woop. :dead:

Ok. So good, we are on the same page. Respect.
a lot of these negroes are just pro Black women or pro Black men and just tolerate other the other gender

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't doubt that you experience very challenging things on a day to day basis. I have a mom a wife and a daughter. All beatiful black women who I have pledged my life to. I understand and identify with your problems about as much as a man could. I have a problem with the way you tried to spin your problems as "privelages" for black men. That is the same type of hate and divisiveness you claim to be fighting against.

They are privileges because these are issues that you don't have to even think about lest alone deal with. I know it will not be popular to say on this forum, but I actually have some genuine white friends. I would swear on the fact that they are not racist, however they would take the approach to get defensive and angry whenever I bring up racist issues because they are speaking from the standpoint that THEY are not like that, so how could I complain? But the fact of the matter is, the simple fact that they are white gives them privilege in society, whether they accept it or not. They simply will not be forced to look at most thngs they deal with in life through the lense of race, because their skin color gives them that privilege. The same can be said of males. And yes, Black males too. You are obviously not as privileged as a white male would be, hell not even as an Asian male would be, but from the standpoint of a Black woman, you most certainly are.

Keep in mind, the person who wrote that list is a Black man. I was recently proposed to by an amazing Black man. So I do not hate Black men. I am weary, because I am aware of so many that can give two shyts about how they hurt Black women (or any women), but I don't waste my time with hate. My fiance was once like many of you in this thread who couldn't fathom how he could ever be viewed as privileged, but all it took was some loving and some prodding from me to ask him to look into our history and what Black women uniquely go through, and he was/is right there with me. His eyes are opened, and the purpose of this dialogue could and should be to do the same for other Black men.

I am hoping that out of love Black men who actually do care about Black women like yourself, open your ears and hear what we are saying. Rather than feeling attacked, just listen. We are not attacking you, we are relaying our experience and the role you can play in lifting some burden off our shoulders. And sometimes that burden can be lifted as easily as just empathizing with us the way we do you (and doing it OPENLY and in every situation where Black women are being victimized) or, in an even greater albeit perhaps more difficult way, in checking your fellow brothers on how they treat Black women.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMFAO. :dead: Literally can't fathom how I've been grouped with the Tommy supporters. I think literally 90% of the dudes posting in here do not support TS. Y'all creative as fukk out chea with the anger tho. :ehh:

This just bids to the idea that y'all (men, women, unhappy people) just like being angry.

For the men and women on here, please step away from your computers and step into reality. This shyt is not healthy.

I wasn't referring to you, you are one of the few whose screen names I do notice coming up defending Black women against irrational hate, Meach as well. Y'all do say some sexist stuff from time to time I'm sure, but one step at a time lol. Anyway that post was not meant for you, it was others in this thread. They probably know who they are.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Black women have problems. Black men have problems. As soon as we stop trying figure out whose problem is bigger and just get about the business of solving those problems, the better off we'll be.
we can take over the world together :blessed: as much as we spend our time posting example of c00ning from both side this tread is inspiring I feel like hearing the track brother by angie stone :to:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I wasn't referring to you, you are one of the few whose screen names I do notice coming up defending Black women against irrational hate, Meach as well. Y'all do say some sexist stuff from time to time I'm sure, but one step at a time lol. Anyway that post was not meant for you, it was others in this thread. They probably know who they are.
I get that, I'm just sayin', we don't have to make this the Oppression Olympics in here.

I know I'm kinda sexist some times :o: I catch myself on here all the time and IRL life from refraining to use the word "bytch" and my interest in rap music is fleeting as well, amongst other things. I think it's important to remember that these things effect men as well, not just women. It may seem like a "power" move for a man to call a woman a bytch, but there's something working in his mind there as well.

It's all a cycle that effects everyone consciously and subconsciously :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are privileges because these are issues that you don't have to even think about lest alone deal with.
But I do have to deal with them everyday. Like I said I have a daughter and a wife. All black men have female family members who they have to support through the problems. Once again they are ALL of our problems.

And you didn't answer my question. Is the fact that I might get shot for wearing a hoody a "privilege" for you?

I know it will not be popular to say on this forum, but I actually have some genuine white friends. I would swear on the fact that they are not racist, however they would take the approach to get defensive and angry whenever I bring up racist issues because they are speaking from the standpoint that THEY are not like that, so how could I complain? But the fact of the matter is, the simple fact that they are white gives them privilege in society, whether they accept it or not. They simply will not be forced to look at most thngs they deal with in life through the lense of race, because their skin color gives them that privilege. The same can be said of males. And yes, Black males too. You are obviously not as privileged as a white male would be, hell not even as an Asian male would be, but from the standpoint of a Black woman, you most certainly are.
Please stop comparing us to white folks. It just doesn't hold up. Like I've said plenty of times. These problems effect ALL of us. Quit trying to pit our problems against each other. None of us wins when you play that game. I could come up with 85 problems that black men face and call them "privelages" for women. But that would be just as silly as your list.

Keep in mind, the person who wrote that list is a Black man.

I don't care who wrote it. He's fanning flames as opposed to suggesting solutions.

I was recently proposed to by an amazing Black man. So I do not hate Black men. I am weary, because I am aware of so many that can give two shyts about how they hurt Black women (or any women), but I don't waste my time with hate. My fiance was once like many of you in this thread who couldn't fathom how he could ever be viewed as privileged, but all it took was some loving and some prodding from me to ask him to look into our history and what Black women uniquely go through, and he was/is right there with me. His eyes are opened, and the purpose of this dialogue could and should be to do the same for other Black men.
No one is denying the challenges that black women face. But in no way are they "privileges" for black men.

You say that he asked to marry you. Would the fact that his wife has to go out and face these problems everyday be a "privelage" for him? No not at all. It is a hinderance for him, just like it is for you, because he's decided to stand with you as most black men do.

I am hoping that out of love Black men who actually do care about Black women like yourself, open your ears and hear what we are saying. Rather than feeling attacked, just listen. We are not attacking you, we are relaying our experience and the role you can play in lifting some burden off our shoulders. And sometimes that burden can be lifted as easily as just empathizing with us the way we do you (and doing it OPENLY and in every situation where Black women are being victimized) or, in an even greater albeit perhaps more difficult way, in checking your fellow brothers on how they treat Black women.
Like I said I hear and identify what your saying. And if you check any thread on here talking about black women I'm the first to defend y'all. But when you spend your time trying to compare our struggles as if they are seperate, you contribute to the same hate and divisiveness as the dudes I'm defending you against.

You can talk about your struggle without comparing it to black men's or claiming that your struggle somehow equates to privelage for black men.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Male privilege, Black men use Black women to do their bidding, march and protest when anything happens to Black men and boys but dead silent when black girls go missing black women are brutalized by the police. I remember a thread on here where an Adult WW beat up a little Black girl and the Black men on here said she probably deserved it. Again Black women are used as mules to rally for their causes all the while telling black women her issues are irrelevant.

A lot of Black men want black women to be their mules, stepping tool all the while berating her and uplifting WW.

What about when Beanie Sigel lead a city wide search to find missing teen Latoiya Figueroa. He put up 100 stacks to help find her.

Even TS has assisted in helping missing Philly teens. My point is black men do care about black women

:mjpls: