Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
:obama: > :myman: > :ohhh: > :patrice: > :dahell: > :wtf: > :snoop:

^^^^^^

my reactions whilst progressing through the thread

some of the opinions being spouted out and then being dapped up are fukking embarassing

especially those leaning towards looking at the black man as an enemy. if that's the case then who the fucc have black women got left? and if its white men then please kill yourself. also, can murdershewrote please confirm she's married to a white man? cos that changes my view on every post shes made in this thread completely
Most of these bytches are conflicted and hate being black. They're just trying to find a way to rationalize wanting a CAC. These bytches are making their situation a whole lot more difficult than it needs to be. Go fukk a white man if you want to. You don't have to use feminism and making the black man your enemy to do so.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am literally laughing because a bunch of the male posters who are attempting to silence Black women and claiming solidarity with us now are the same ones in other threads spouting ridiculously misogynistic things and preaching the gospel of Tommy Sotomayor or defending it (hate that I even have to type that name). You are see through. The only reason you speak of solidarity now is because we have voiced some of the problems that we experience at your hands. It is not genuine, much like the fake kind words of white women.

Are you kidding me. You cannot be this blind to the fact that your words do not erase your actions and the negative thought processes about Black women many of you clearly agree with and defend.

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But women use that language too. And some women are some bytches/hoes, women know this too - word 2 Pac. Hell, you got male bytches as well, but dudes just call them fakkits :laugh:, so I guess that's a form of male on male oppression? I'm not defending calling a woman such negative terms though because I never have, I know yall sensitive and what not so I don't go there.

That list got a lot of flaws.

@Anothergirl and @LovelyDay cut beyonce to pieces for that. The song was ridiculous.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, cause in the real world, I don't see or hear shyt like this. This is the internet, people get to talk reckless and superimpose their belief systems on everyone while hiding behind a screen name.

It's why every dude is a swagged out alpha male who only bags dimes, and every chick is a lady of class above reproach who's constantly told how incredible she is.

Basically the internet is duckberg where everyone is perfect and can do no wrong :duck:
Exactly. Take this for what it is. Comedy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And therein lies an inherent privilege in itself, one that actually might be exclusive to Black men. Because of Black men's position as a much maligned, extraordinary oppressed group, they are able to dismiss all other issues as trivial or outright claim their participation in it is has no effect because of their lack of systemic power.
No one said that those problems don't exist. It's just that you can't spin them into "privelage" for black men.

Do you think the fact that I might get shot for wearing a hoody is a "privelage" for you?

Black women could neverrrrrrrrr get away with downplaying or trivializing the Black male experience. Never.
Yeah right it's been happening all over this thread.

The great thing for Black men is that we don't even try to, we are able to empathize. But who empathizes with us? No really, who does?
Plenty of men do. And we've tried to make it known in this thread, but you keep ignoring it so you can push your agenda.

Beyond just being told to not talk about how we are hurt at the hands of Black men because "we have to stick together", where is the support? The same type of support that shows Black women coming out in droves whenever there is an injustice against Black men? Most of the time, we are met, just as I was within this very thread, of being blamed for our own oppression.
Black men defend black women all the time. All the fighting you see black men doing is for your benefit as well. Plenty of black men including our black president are fighting for women's rights.

Look at the poster that tried to deflect and tell me Black women purchase the most rap music (wholly untrue btw) so the disgusting misogyny in hip hop is our fault.
http://mtv.com/news/article.rbml?id...&alt=http://m.mtv.com/news/index.rbml&cid=300

And if you can read I don't say it was women's fault. I said we ALL contribute to the problem, so it's gonna have to be ALL of us that fixes it.

The Black male experience of oppression is in fact put at the forefront of the community and is considered one and the same with pro-Blackness. It leaves no room for womanhood, and still Black women let that ride. Even though the misogyny and racialized sexism in the Panther Movement was cause for the creation of Womanism that Black men use as a battering ram for the problems in the community today. But the minute we start talking about how we are uniquely affected, you have men, your own men, laughing or negating the experiences you are telling them are huge for you in your everyday life. Its troubling.
I don't doubt that you experience very challenging things on a day to day basis. I have a mom a wife and a daughter. All beatiful black women who I have pledged my life to. I understand and identify with your problems about as much as a man could. I have a problem with the way you tried to spin your problems as "privelages" for black men. That is the same type of hate and divisiveness you claim to be fighting against.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To bring this back to the OP, white feminism is two faced. @Hiphoplives4eva just mentioned it with MIA even though she's not white. You can't be as a white girl all all this social justice stuff and then chase after fred the banker or Jamal on Dallas Cowboys. Come on. This is why social movements don't have the same power they used to.

Last edited:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I wasn't strictly talking about earning potential breh:upsetfavre: We all know men of all races earn more on the dollar than women do, that's not rocket science.

I'm talking overall, you will find alot more black women being more educated, financially stable and in better positions than black men out here. There's a whole lotta black women out there with their shyt together who can't find men on their level, this is usually do the lack of numbers of black men with their shyt together.:yeshrug:

This is simply not true.

Black men might be more educated but what are the degrees they are mainly getting? Most of them are getting psychology, sociology, nursing, early education, etc. They are not in the maths, sciences, tech or engineering.

The reason SOME black women (and women in general) have their "shyt together" and can't find men on their level is because they are not really looking for men on their level they are looking to date and marry up.

wikipedia said:
Hypergamy (colloquially referred to as "marrying up") is the act or practice of marrying a spouse of higher caste or status than oneself.[1]

The term is often used more specifically in reference to a perceived tendency among human cultures for females to seek or be encouraged to pursue male suitors that are higher status than themselves, which often manifests itself as being attracted to men who are comparatively older, wealthier or otherwise more privileged than themselves or their current partners.[2] According to economists, females have evolved a preference for higher status males because they offer their prospective children both "better" genes and greater resources, e.g. food and security. Men, who invest less in their children, have less reason to prefer mates with high social status. Some have even argued that males "marry-down" to ensure that their mates have a higher incentive to remain faithful

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Most women preaching this independent bullshyt all full of shyt. I'll never forget that clown M.I.A. preaching that bullshyt on her first album, then as soon as she get popular she proceeds to marry one of the richest guys in the music business and is never heard from again.

:smh:
She threw her whole career in the bushes. Just an example of white feminism being two faced BS.