Black Men with Asian Women: My Interview with Stefhen Bryan (Coli Exclusive!)

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The thing is, there is a portion of Japan that do romanticize the uniqueness of other cultures. Japan also has its fair share of societal problems, like nationalistic pride and their lack of unique identity both of which stem back from WW2 and is now just manifesting itself in a negative way. It's very apparent with the younger generation. Some east asian cultures share the same attitude as us but in reverse (for example the philippines)

There are also Asian nations that extremely dislike each other. Like Japan and Korea. China and Japan etc...

But to your point, some of his beliefs are understandable (not admissable, mind you) when you take his background into consideration. Jamaica is a place that probably still suffers the most from British colonization. There are jamaicans who have no problem publicly shaming dark skin and explicitly stating their preference for fairer complexions. They still advertise fairness creams and exoticize anyone mixed with anything other than black. This also seeped into general family interactions, A grandmother will favor one child over another just for their complexion, with no qualms given. The reason I bring that up is because it's not fair to group "black men" into this monolith that should all have the same collective beliefs, we come from different backgrounds. Some black communities are further in establishing their identity, some are still working to correct those same problems.
Thx for the reply btw. At some point these societies need to take a look at themselves acknowledge and act towards changing the behaviour, I undertsand the colonialism argument but at some point you need to take life by the reins and change what needs to be changed.

As for the black men comment, this topic is about black men so they are the group that I refer to. Its not about fairness its about the subject matter. And I do realize not all black men think like this but lets cut to the chase, this issue is prevalent to be a problem.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
But that portion of the Japanese population is not romanticizing other cultures in order to be embraced by the dominant society, that promotes their culture, likeness and some "whiteness"

White supremacist brainwashing is the same in America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia

When it comes to "grouping" blackmen of the world in a monolithic collective belief, it is due to their exposure and similar reaction to the common tactics of the white supremacist religion that affects all non-whites, if there's no opposition
They do it because their culture has always reinforced the need to be Japanese and that culture is the be all end all, but that changed once WW2 and the a-bomb happened. Now younger generations latch onto any self existing subculture to establish their own unique identity at the expense of developing their own. (Ganguro, Punk Rock, Reggae, etc...) every culture has their own set of pronlems. Only b we get penalized for ours.

Somewhat unrelated, but why do you think baseball Is the most popular sport in Japan?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The thing is, there is a portion of Japan that do romanticize the uniqueness of other cultures. Japan also has its fair share of societal problems, like nationalistic pride and their lack of unique identity both of which stem back from WW2 and is now just manifesting itself in a negative way. It's very apparent with the younger generation. Some east asian cultures share the same attitude as us but in reverse (for example the philippines)

There are also Asian nations that extremely dislike each other. Like Japan and Korea. China and Japan etc...

But to your point, some of his beliefs are understandable (not admissable, mind you) when you take his background into consideration. Jamaica is a place that probably still suffers the most from British colonization. There are jamaicans who have no problem publicly shaming dark skin and explicitly stating their preference for fairer complexions. They still advertise fairness creams and exoticize anyone mixed with anything other than black. This also seeped into general family interactions, A grandmother will favor one child over another just for their complexion, with no qualms given. The reason I bring that up is because it's not fair to group "black men" into this monolith that should all have the same collective beliefs, we come from different backgrounds. Some black communities are further along in establishing their identity, some are still working to correct those same problems.
The point I am trying to make is it sounds to me that he was trying to gain access to what japanese have as a community through sexing japanese women and hopefully settling down with one. But Japan as a society, fetishes aside sees their society as a collective, and relegate non Japanese as perpetual foreigners and that will include his children. To put it bluntly you can f your way into someone's home. You either are Japanese or you are not.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
They do it because their culture has always reinforced the need to be Japanese and that culture is the be all end all, but that changed once WW2 and the a-bomb happened. Now younger generations latch onto any self existing subculture to establish their own unique identity at the expense of developing their own. (Ganguro, Punk Rock, Reggae, etc...) every culture has their own set of pronlems. Only b we get penalized for ours.

Somewhat unrelated, but why do you think baseball Is the most popular sport in Japan?
I think japanese youth want to establish an individual identity in a homogenously proud society. But some blacks want to run away from their racial identity thinking that it will rid them of their racial inferiority...thats vastly different.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Thx for the reply btw. At some point these societies need to take a look at themselves acknowledge and act towards changing the behaviour, I undertsand the colonialism argument but at some point you need to take life by the reins and change what needs to be changed.

As for the black men comment, this topic is about black men so they are the group that I refer to. Its not about fairness its about the subject matter. And I do realize not all black men think like this but lets cut to the chase, this issue is prevalent to be a problem.
Why disregard his Jamaican upbringing when it not only seems to be a significant part of his book, but also explains some of his motivations? unless you are saying all black men everywhere share the same personality traits and beliefs.

I think japanese youth want to establish an individual identity in a homogenously proud society. But some blacks want to run away from their racial identity thinking that it will rid them of their racial inferiority...thats vastly different.
At the expense of developing their own? and you keep referring to "Blacks" as one group again. See how I didn't denote the Japanese as simply being "Asian"?
Aren't we just as diverse?

Edit: why can't you just quote me in one post?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The point I am trying to make is it sounds to me that he was trying to gain access to what japanese have as a community through sexing japanese women and hopefully settling down with one. But Japan as a society, fetishes aside sees their society as a collective, and relegate non Japanese as perpetual foreigners and that will include his children. To put it bluntly you can f your way into someone's home. You either are Japanese or you are not.
Thats what some black people don't get your mixed kids will have privileged only in respect to the privilege of the dominant commmunity. Because the dominant community exalts their own and are not fazed by mixed people the way black communities are. It is not viewed as a step up the way blacka view it as a step up. The privilege will be mostly concentrated in the community that feels the most disenfranchised.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Why disregard his Jamaican upbringing when it not only seems to be a significant part of his book, but also explains some of his motivations? unless you are saying all black men everywhere share the same personality traits and beliefs.
Hes jamaican yes but shares many of the similar attributes that can be found throughtout diasporic blacks. Colorism is a huge pronlem in the carribean as it is in south america and blacks residing in the west it has the same source.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

At the expense of developing their own? and you keep referring to "Blacks" as one group again. See how I didn't denote the Japanese as simply being "Asian"?
Aren't we just as diverse?

Edit: why can't you just quote me in one post?
Sorry did not see that last part, I refer to blacks because this is prevalent across the board. It is the same discussion with african Americans as it is with black carribeans as well as Latinos, afro-europeans, etc....so did not feel the need to compartmentalize. Had it been culture specific I would have focused on said culture.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
There's nothing else to be said, you think all blacks act the same

Last question Are you black?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I did not say all blacks act the same I said what is being discussed exist in all black cultural groups.

Yes I am black. Can I ask you are jamaican or carribean?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest

Below response by Yup is more/less what I was going to reply with. Even though there are various asian ethnicities in Japan, the dominate culture still promotes a unified likeness and unified message, despite the various pleasures [video games, different music, fashion] indulged by citizens

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I did noy say all black act the same I said what os being discussed exist in all black cultural groups.

Yes I am black.
I don't know how you can say that with any degree of confidence,
I don''t even know the nuances of each international black community to make that generalization.

Below response by Yup is more/less what I was going to reply with. Even though there are various asian ethnicities in Japan, the dominate culture still promotes a unified likeness and unified message, despite the various pleasures [video games, different music, fashion] indulged by citizens
I think you mean various sub-cultures, but yes the country is still by and large homogenous though way of circumstance, and it's working wonders for them. with the declining birth rates and avg age rising. They are not as xenophobic as they once were. I'd say Korea is the most xenophobic east asian country right now.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I don''t even know the nuances of each international black community to make that generalization.
I say this because I have grown around multiple black cultural groups the same discussion is had. Blacl women in uk complain about black men prefering other, black latinos talking about improving the race, Carribean talk about having kids with soft hair and getting with people that are mixed too. And I dont need to add to what is said by afro Americans
Point is blacks everywhere may have their cultural differences but share many things in common when it comes to black racial identity.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
this dude is a mega c00n but :ehh:

I've only really dated white girls in my life, but i ain't in chasing women and all that and those the type of girls that have shown me interest in my life so :ehh:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

I think you mean various sub-cultures, but yes the country is still by and large homogenous though way of circumstance, and it's working wonders for them. with the declining birth rates and avg age rising. They are not as xenophobic as they once were. I'd say Korea is the most xenophobic east asian country right now.
But have they been inclined to open their borders to foreign immigration when they can't even stand asian groups with who they have a lot in common? Not everyone cares for the multiculturalism of the West and some can argue that it is not an ideal either. So...