“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh. I think I'm over these things.
I'd rather just focus on my career and grow my wealth.
I have had mentors in the past and I seek mentors out but at the same time, I'm not looking for
anyone to mentor myself. They can hit me up but I'm not going out of my way to help a soul.

Tried it with friends and family in the past.

People will do whatever the fukk they want to do.

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
It's worth it to mentor purely out of the goodness of your heart, but not everyone is ready for mentorship/coaching. One of my co-workers, an older black woman told me the truth, most of the population we work with just don't get it and best thing I could do was focus my strongest efforts on the ones that do.

If you do end up mentoring, find the ones that are serious about participating, listening and actually putting in their own effort to progress. I have 3 or 4 young people(male and female) I'm definitely going to continue working with whenever I leave this job because they reciprocate the energy I give to help them in lots of facets.

A couple things.

1. We should not be more passionate about their own lives than they are.

2. Age is not a good enough excuse

3. It's not a personal failing if someone you work with keeps on fukking up.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Imagine all that work to be undone at home by family or outside influences.

Imagine that young man calling you if they could stay at your spot because life at home is hectic, but you not set up to virtually adopt this kid.

The mentorship conversation is surface level and more of a feel good movement. To get to the root of it all, you need a complete overhaul of both sexes, societal structures, and laws & regulations.

which is why brehs refer to it as a "band-aid solution".
Yeah. We would need at the very least a Drop
Squad or Military School/Basic Training like program where you get the boys away from all influences (family, friends, girls, social media). Basically would have to reprogram their minds. Sergeant Williepete could be Drill Sergeant.

Oh and we would also have to eradicate the white supremacy sponsored Black Gynocracy and replace with an economically viable Black Patriarchy. Where Black women and children are protected and Black men are gainfully employed. Also Black male responsibilities with Black male leadership, friend.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's worth it to mentor purely out of the goodness of your heart, but not everyone is ready for mentorship/coaching. One of my co-workers, an older black woman told me the truth, most of the population we work with just don't get it and best thing I could do was focus my strongest efforts on the ones that do.

If you do end up mentoring, find the ones that are serious about participating, listening and actually putting in their own effort to progress. I have 3 or 4 young people(male and female) I'm definitely going to continue working with whenever I leave this job because they reciprocate the energy I give to help them in lots of facets.

A couple things.

1. We should not be more passionate about their own lives than they are.

2. Age is not a good enough excuse

3. It's not a personal failing if someone you work with keeps on fukking up.
Black community wastes too much time on the hopeless instead of giving 100% of that energy into the kids that are already succeeding and are hungry to learn more.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The black community is through”

“There’s no unity”
" These Black Male celebritys/entertainers are c00ns for not wanting do more to help out the black Community"
Also

“Im not mentoring them”

:mjpls:
Let me add on to it breh:mjpls: it wild as hell how Black male posters in TLR will call Black Male celebritys/entertainers c00ns/sellouts for not doing enough but than turn around say they themself don't want to do shyt:what:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Every woman can’t have a man like that. Let’s be reality, the number show how many of us live in poverty, if you in the hood, you gonna procreate with others from the hood and where that hood mentality is pervasive. Should these boys not have contact with more upwardly mobile black men who can expose them to the other options they have in life? Mentors are needed regardless because we have too much generational baggage weighing us down
:lolbron: interesting that you went straight to finances when the original post I responded to didn't make any mention of it. plenty of good people were raised without money.

The black youth DOES need masculine role models in the community. To instruct and teach them how to control and manage their emotions. Teach them how to keep a masculine frame under pressure. A woman cannot teach a young boy how to be a man that's the job of a father figure/OG figure to train him to prosper in this corrupted society.
:sas1:yall keep picking based on everything but character and morals tho. it's working out so well for yall.