“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I drop gems where I can,I may consider something more consistent. But right now my schedule is full,being that Im a full time mentor and guru of sorts on thecoli. You might day "But what about the kids?". But its going to be real hard for the kids if the older men from ages 30-50 aint shyt,no offense

Plus I honestly dont think my ideology would be very conduscive for achievment in Babylon. :respect:
:mjlol: proof your account is a troll

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
I've mentored intermittently since 2015 in London.

Coached football in schools, coached football professionally and still coach an amateur side to this day (England has a MASSIVE amateur football culture) and I consider it a form of mentorship.

I believe it's more important than it ever has with the eroding societal structures that help boys come of age into young men

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I’m a regular mentor and signed up to be a professional mentor for an incoming intern

Mentorship works better when there’s a pre-existing foundation (the kid has an interest in mentorship, has a field he’s intrigued in that I’m in) some mentorships I’ve heard require surveys and even interviews.

You investing a lot of time into this young man or a group of them.

I believe not every man is built to “mentor” kids who are almost or are completely lost, so pushing for every man to be that type of mentor is stupid

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: proof your account is a troll

You dont understand the subconscience mind. Ive been running a psyop campaign with repetitive propaganda for years. If I stop now, the progress could be pushed back another 2 years.

Most of yall are old and stuck in your ways,listening but never hearing,Looking but never seeing#RenderUntoCeasar. My message is for the youth,and the 10-20K guest who cant get in:respect:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I said it years ago on here..

I was trying to help mentor some young boys in compton and letting them know the different opportunities from even taken up basic trades, electrical, dry wall, landscaping, etc etc,,, but when u come from a household where mama have different loser nikkas up in the crib , a lot of the kids drift into that direction of being in the streets or the next Kendrick or school boy Q..

I gave up after awhile but was proud last year when a young man said thanks to me and he has his mind focus on becoming residential contractor fixing up homes
Imagine all that work to be undone at home by family or outside influences.

Imagine that young man calling you if they could stay at your spot because life at home is hectic, but you not set up to virtually adopt this kid.

The mentorship conversation is surface level and more of a feel good movement. To get to the root of it all, you need a complete overhaul of both sexes, societal structures, and laws & regulations.

which is why brehs refer to it as a "band-aid solution".

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
As long as you try and make a sincere effort is what matters. As cliche as it might sound, it's the thought that counts.

You don't ever underestimate how far that goes in some kids and even some young adults going through things. Even if you're not a professional mentor or anything in that realm, just asking how they're doing and feeling can make a young boy or man feel like somebody who matters.

A simple positive form of acknowledgment can make a difference. The goal isn't to be a savior like in the movies but rather, it's about showing that you care and see them as a person.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the bitter bros are all up in their feelings on Twitter lol. All she's saying is just reach out with a bit of time if you can. Some will take the message some won't. I remember I did a mentorship at one point for young brehs on the cusp of graduation that didn't wanna go to college. So they had a bunch of brehs in career field without a need for a college degree to come speak to them for a week just to get them thinking about other routes. It was cool and most of them didn't want to do my job even though it's a 6-figure job due them having to leave their city. They told me verbatim they'd rather work at the warehouses here that paid $15/hr.... :francis: . It was disappointing but at least I tried to lead some down a different path. Still talk to a few of them and check in til this day

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
The easiest way to get their attention is to play mystic. Tell them something about some shyt they are doing that you know will go wrong and when it does they will come to you. If not for more advise at least to ask how you knew. It's s simple start and gives you a lane with them. I have had success and I have had failures but it's all been a choice of theirs. If they don't want help you can force it, help who you can and who wants it....... absolutely do not be the emergency contact though....... when that card gets played its never good........ can't be the bail out guy

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
what does any of this nonsense mean?
You know what it means. A lot of “us” would eradicate the types of Black people they don’t want to exist if they could. Look at the tone of this thread.

More posts about the random woman who made it than the kids she’s referring to. “Bum men” “worthless women” “burden children”

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
I'm a little league coach (football/baseball). I along with one of my cousins used to get some of the kids from our old neighborhood together and teach them stuff that we were doing. Mainly handyman stuff changing tires, changing oil, around the house repairs etc. It takes a different type of patience dealing with kids that ain't yours. It's easier if they are respectful and open to learning, but it's hard dealing with rude ass hard headed mfs that get away with murder at home.