“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Mentoring? Nah.
EyLEi9NWQAA-X9X

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I said it years ago on here..

I was trying to help mentor some young boys in compton and letting them know the different opportunities from even taken up basic trades, electrical, dry wall, landscaping, etc etc,,, but when u come from a household where mama have different loser nikkas up in the crib , a lot of the kids drift into that direction of being in the streets or the next Kendrick or school boy Q..

I gave up after awhile but was proud last year when a young man said thanks to me and he has his mind focus on becoming residential contractor fixing up homes

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Tried but:

• My own nonprofit wouldn't pay me a extra hour or at all for my contributions
  • Did not follow through with the GED program
  • Another non profit did not want to focus on my tech program to help out the youth
  • I got overlooked pitching a idea for social music streaming to bring youth and WFH folks together (this was 2009)
  • Came across a dude that did not know what a Resume was
  • Got shafted despite fixing up the computer lab for the community
At this point, I hold my nuts to the tallest of trees and just vow to mentor, raise, and father my son as it start at home.

I am We.

Reach one teach one.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
The black youth DOES need masculine role models in the community. To instruct and teach them how to control and manage their emotions. Teach them how to keep a masculine frame under pressure. A woman cannot teach a young boy how to be a man that's the job of a father figure/OG figure to train him to prosper in this corrupted society.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Won't work for a few reasons:

Black women will continue to lay down with men that won't make good fathers or will likely be dead or in prison thus continuing the process of kids that need "mentoring"

Bum black men will continue to make kids they won't take care of thus creating more kids that need "mentoring"

Many young black boys look at the straight and narrow path as "cornball shyt" and "for lame nikkas"

Canon

Veteran
Daps
The black youth DOES need masculine role models in the community. To instruct and teach them how to control and manage their emotions. Teach them how to keep a masculine frame under pressure. A woman cannot teach a young boy how to be a man that's the job of a father figure/OG figure to train him to prosper in this corrupted society.
:lolbron: now if only they choose men like that

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This tweet got the timeline going crazy lol. Thoughts?:wow:

Are any of you older brehs on mentoring younger guys?:jbhmm:

Yep. Since 2016 for my local big brother big sister chapter :myman:

We met in 8th grade and he’s in college now :wow:

We both had locs at the same time but I cut mine :damn:

We even made music together. Who wants a link? :sas1:

Last edited: