“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My dad was a mentor 15 years ago to a few teenagers and I salute him cause some of them will test your patience and you gotta have thick skin.

Afer that he worked in JOB CORPS for a few years and did his best to turn some of them demonic teenagers around. He always told me crazy stories.

He dealt with all that stress and didn't lose 1 inch of his hairline. :wow:
Meanwhile you out here bald holding on to one strand

Genetics are funny :wow:

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why. No one here is saying you should drop what you're doing and become a surrogate father for the child of a single mother. But I'm not aware of any respected community leader from the past who said black men should only be an example of leadership and stability for black boys who have both parents.

I go to the Boys & Girls Club and volunteer. I speak at local schools sometimes. At no point do I say "before I lend my time, I ask that if you don't have a father in the home you please leave the room" lol. I'm not trying to be anyone's daddy or over extend myself. But if I can build a computer, do a puzzle, or play chess with a black boy while giving him some good advice why would I reject someone based on their mom's relationship status? If I can write a college enrollment letter of recommendation for a kid who I've helped at a community center - which I've done before - why would I say "sorry I can't write a letter if your daddy isn't in the home."
Much respect for doing what you do & maybe I should edit my comment but most women create these monsters by letting dudes who would be considered a menace to society run up in them raw. Those type of women are 50% of the problem so why should they have a say in that conversation?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I drop gems where I can,I may consider something more consistent. But right now my schedule is full,being that Im a full time mentor and guru of sorts on thecoli. You might day "But what about the kids?". But its going to be real hard for the kids if the older men from ages 30-50 aint shyt,no offense

Plus I honestly dont think my ideology would be very conduscive for achievment in Babylon. :respect: