“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It's not a message that should come from women. There are few things more insulting than having kids for a deadbeat and expecting a honest man to pick up the slack.

And a point that needs to be raised is time wasted because the parents aren't doing their job. When people speak of mentorship, the understanding is that it is men stepping in the role of fathers. The father should be doing that, and the time spent mentoring should be focused on specific career paths and passions.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I’ve touched on this a million times, so I don’t have much to add that hasn’t already been said in here.

But I will say, ironically a lot of the women asking for black men to “mentor” these young lost black boys would immediately get jealous if their man started giving his (limited) time, attention and resources to another woman’s seed. :russ:

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Hey Guys it might help to be a mentor

Coli Brehs:

"Shoulda chose better, bish."
"They don't listen."
"Where's his dad?"
"I ain't got time."
"Issa bandaid."
"Get someone else to do it."

Trust me, a man is going to mentor that boy. It could be someone that's barely a man themselves in word and deed, and will imbue him with poor moral fiber and a skewed outlook on life, may even have him fuking his life up before he's even done being a teenager.

Or it could be you.

But don't complain about this world and our community's status when your only contribution to it is talking on forums and having a job. It's feminine, whiny, and weak.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:lolbron: interesting that you went straight to finances when the original post I responded to didn't make any mention of it. plenty of good people were raised without money.

:sas1:yall keep picking based on everything but character and morals tho. it's working out so well for yall.

The modern woman is raised to be a prostitute so it’s not a shocker

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Hey Guys it might help to be a mentor

Coli Brehs:

"Shoulda chose better, bish."
"They don't listen."
"Where's his dad?"
"I ain't got time."
"Issa bandaid."
"Get someone else to do it."

Trust me, a man is going to mentor that boy. It could be someone that's barely a man themselves in word and deed, and will imbue him with poor moral fiber and a skewed outlook on life, may even have him fuking his life up before he's even done being a teenager.

Or it could be you.

But don't complain about this world and our community's status when your only contribution to it is talking on forums and having a job. It's feminine, whiny, and weak.

Some of these don't know how psychologically poor they look

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
My friend had a big brother growing up. The level of respect most young guys (and their mom) have today the shyt isn't worth the headache. Especially if you have a family of your own. I rather not deal with the crap or arguing with his mom pver his smart mouth. Pass. In the 90s and 2000s, you pop off your mentor could check you (verbally). NOW you'll end up getting killed etc.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The black youth DOES need masculine role models in the community. To instruct and teach them how to control and manage their emotions. Teach them how to keep a masculine frame under pressure. A woman cannot teach a young boy how to be a man that's the job of a father figure/OG figure to train him to prosper in this corrupted society.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Also I'm not gonna be mad at any black man in here saying they don't want to do this.

I too am tired of being told I'm both the boogie man one day and the handyman the next. We're all human and that shyt gets annoying .
This is a very important point that will be overlooked. I'll take it one step further, and I say this as someone who mentored and until recently helped set up brehs to mentor youths, people need to fukking learn how to communicate with black men. It's almost ironic and makes me think a lot of the people who are claiming they mentor are lying out their ass. These people aren't mentoring anybody because they don't know how to communicate with anybody. No, it has nothing to do with the format of the forum as well since at the end of the day, they are trying to convince people to mentor. All the weird shyt you're seeing in this thread is them trying to convince dudes to mentor. I want some of y'all to think about that. To put it simply, this is not how you convince someone of anything. This is not an online show for clicks. This is not some call-in shyt either. This is you trying to convince someone to do something. This is y'all trying to convince someone to part with something they have. Y'all (not you breh) are terrible at this.

For example:

Black men hate for black women over ride thier love for the futures of black men. This is how the 'gynocracy' stay winning..this is too easy..LoL

Like what the fukk am I looking at? Being said on a website made by a black man with plenty of shyt aimed at helping black people in general (we even have a whole section set aside for women that has since been claimed by The High Art Junta). This is who black men are supposed to be listening to? Seriously? I'm not even going into the fact that some of the same people calling for mentors subscribe to the idea that black men were no better under slavery than they are now.

If you want black men to do something, you'll have to do better but that much is fairly obvious to anyone and everyone. If anything it is clear that some people's hatred for black men supercedes their love for the futures of black men and the black race as a whole. Then again, maybe that dysfunction is what they prefer. :francis:

In any case, I give the lady in OP some credit. She tried and from what I've seen, she's probably a teacher that has seen the result of needing a mentor and I can't fault her for that. She doesn't, as far as I can tell, deserve any venom for that. She does deserve all the thirst for having such big ole tiddies. My dikk will not be silenced. :mjgrin:

Or it could be you.

But the people who sleep with those same "barely a man themselves in word and deed" men and procreate with those men and produce the kids that need mentoring have all the right to complain about this world and community status? It goes both ways. :yeshrug:

That said, I do think the lack of time is a good excuse. Posting does not take much time and effort. If we're talking Napu, then you'd have a point.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

nikkas buying into the gynocracy thats why all that father figure shyt gets tossed around. Anything but Black Men leading lol.

Allllll this shyt folks preach is code for nikka you are a slave and your only value is utility. From dating to this bullshyt.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
This is a very important point that will be overlooked. I'll take it one step further, and I say this as someone who mentored and until recently helped set up brehs to mentor youths, people need to fukking learn how to communicate with black men. It's almost ironic and makes me think a lot of the people who are claiming they mentor are lying out their ass. These people aren't mentoring anybody because they don't know how to communicate with anybody. No, it has nothing to do with the format of the forum as well since at the end of the day, they are trying to convince people to mentor. All the weird shyt you're seeing in this thread is them trying to convince dudes to mentor. I want some of y'all to think about that. To put it simply, this is not how you convince someone of anything. This is not an online show for clicks. This is not some call-in shyt either. This is you trying to convince someone to do something. This is y'all trying to convince someone to part with something they have. Y'all (not you breh) are terrible at this.

For example:

Like what the fukk am I looking at? Being said on a website made by a black man with plenty of shyt aimed at helping black people in general (we even have a whole section set aside for women that has since been claimed by The High Art Junta). This is who black men are supposed to be listening to? Seriously? I'm not even going into the fact that some of the same people calling for mentors subscribe to the idea that black men were no better under slavery than they are now.

If you want black men to do something, you'll have to do better but that much is fairly obvious to anyone and everyone. If anything it is clear that some people's hatred for black men supercedes their love for the futures of black men and the black race as a whole. Then again, maybe that dysfunction is what they prefer. :francis:

In any case, I give the lady in OP some credit. She tried and from what I've seen, she's probably a teacher that has seen the result of needing a mentor and I can't fault her for that. She doesn't, as far as I can tell, deserve any venom for that. She does deserve all the thirst for having such big ole tiddies. My dikk will not be silenced. :mjgrin:

But the people who sleep with those same "barely a man themselves in word and deed" men and procreate with those men and produce the kids that need mentoring have all the right to complain about this world and community status? It goes both ways. :yeshrug:

That said, I do think the lack of time is a good excuse. Posting does not take much time and effort. If we're talking Napu, then you'd have a point.
A teacher tweeted about the need for men to mentor black boys. The first few pages of this thread are people pulling the teacher’s bikini pics from her social media accounts, accusing her of being a single mother, and alluding to her being a whore. Theres also people referring to Black kids as a waste of time and even “monsters”. That’s what @Boxchevy is referring to.

Young black boys and girls could use more mentoring. But it’s also completely ok if someone doesn’t want to do it for whatever reason. The racism jumped out quickly in this thread and a lot of comments were completely unnecessary to the topic at hand.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
A teacher tweeted about the need for men to mentor black boys. The first few pages of this thread are people pulling the teacher’s bikini pics from her social media accounts, accusing her of being a single mother, and alluding to her being a whore. Theres also people referring to Black kids as a waste of time and even “monsters”. That’s what @Boxchevy is referring to.

Young black boys and girls could use more mentoring. But it’s also completely ok if someone doesn’t want to do it for whatever reason. The racism jumped out quickly in this thread and a lot of comments were completely unnecessary to the topic at hand.
No, let's not excuse her comment. She needs to grow a brain and use nuance then or some variation of that. Some people are able to do that so she can to or she can just admit she is too stupid or unwilling to do so. We keep excusing bullshyt and act surprised when it causes problems. That also doesn't take into account that some of the same people mad at people not wanting to mentors have a track record for outright hating black men. I'm honestly surprised to see them asking black men here and not hitting up 4cac for white mentors instead.