Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I am.....

news_photo_31204_1373648321.png

EPIC GAMES, COMPANY PHOTO.....

Just an example i see like 3 black people.... :mjlol:
Man i thought for a second those 2 black shadows in the back right corner were black people:pachaha: so much white that i was looking for anything black. I used to actually want to be in this industry but i feel i can do much better out of it. I would hate to work on boring titles

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I used to work for Activision in Santa Monica and Electronic Arts (EA) in Los Angeles.

There were no black or latino people at all in any important position throughout either company. Just to let you know. There were alot of black testers and other disposable contractor positions, but nothing more than that
In fact, I don't remember any latino or idian or anything else in the several years I worked there. Just white and asian.

I left to go to Pandemic Studios which was mostly white and asian also... but at least there were some blacks and latinos there in middle-managment and dev positions. EA eventually closed Pandemic Studios though... so yeah...
:snoop:

EA also used to have a 'newblack' type chick for thier human resources department, but I think she is sublet through another company or an agency or something, so even that doesn't really count.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
My son is 13 and wants to develop games. I want to give him a head start can someone point in me the right direction. I know I can use google but I love my coil brehs n/h

Do you know if he wants to code or be an artist? My 10 year old also wants to develop games, I pick up this book for him http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1435461169/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1409063391&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

i would also recommend looking into Unity 3D, make sure he has a decent understanding of algebra,basic trig and some basic physics. I'm working on an open world game in my spare time, so if you have anymore questions , I can help.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
You don't have to know all that stuff unless you want to make game engines like you said. People make successful commercial games using tools like Game Maker.

Eh, tools like Game Maker are geared towards artist who want to make games, you lose a lot of flexiblity using those tools. Just like playmaker for Unity, they have to do a lot of work behind the scenes. And while the game engines today do a lot of the math for you, you still need an understanding of things like vectors/normals/unit circle etc. most studios are going to use a game engine they can customize ( hence them starting around 200K-400K and up )